• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Miami Dolphins 2018 NFL Draft Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kicker, Jason Sanders, out of New Mexico is our final pick of this years draft - wouldn't have wasted even in this spot a pick for a K but it is what it is -- The talent pool of undrafted free agents is going to be great

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Williams out of Arkansas is a nice pick for the Broncos this late - another potential late surprise

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poling from University of Ohio not Ohio State - my bad. still good pick

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quentin Poling ILB, Ohio
Height: 6-0 Weight: 235

Ideal type of player to grab this late. Superior athletic talents. Just needs to react quicker and click it into top gear faster. Solid coverage ability too.

Thats as encouraging as we could want this late in the draft

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Sanders K, New Mexico
Height: 5-11 Weight: 190

Very accurate but doesn't have a huge leg.

D-

This is the type of kicker you can run into this late in the draft - thats why you don't waste even this late a pick on one - could've had him in undrafted pool. it is what it is

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Scarborough to the Cowboys - not surprising - Alabama RBs tend to be quick bust in the NFL though of late save for maybe Ingram

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter Bradley to the Packers the first true LS of the draft is taken

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
242 overall in the 7th round DT Kendrick Norton from The U to the Panthers - run stuffer

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Stroman, CB from Va Tech - a gem this late in the draft for the Redskins

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at this day three of draft and lower grade from A-/B+ to C or C-. Why would you draft two TE's? They did not address D line or O line and that will be evident during the season. Poor selections today IMO.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maurice Hurst to the Raiders will fit well with them - that defense is going to be scary - they've got crazy depth

I heard he had medical issue, guess that is why he dropped like a bag of wet cement. I know I was pulling for Fins to get, hope they can find a DT to stuff the run this year.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at this day three of draft and lower grade from A-/B+ to C or C-. Why would you draft two TE's? They did not address D line or O line and that will be evident during the season. Poor selections today IMO.

People are fussing about the Dolphins approach at TE in this draft. They approached it EXACTLY as they needed to - they got their pass catching TE in the Penn Stater then got their blocking TE later.

As we have seen for far too long, due to the issues on the OL, the Fins have often had to use their primary TE as an extra blocker to help the OL - But taking this approach, they have both their pass-catching TE that can focus primarily on that and their purely blocking TE so that he can focus on that.

As I said earlier in the day, the moves that were made in this draft clearly show the influence and say Adam Gase has on the roster - he has shown he likes and has a lot of say on the roster - its good because as the HC he is putting a target on himself about the makeup of this roster should it not work out - And obviously it could be bad if they don't pan out.

I am not directing this at you, just the fan base in general - think of all the times they DID draft some OL over recent seasons in the first 3 rounds and then think about how many of those guys have actually lived up to the draft status?

Far too many just haven't worked out and then Fans go crazy on the team about having those guys not living up to their draft status.

I don't think that not having drafted anyone at either of those two positions is because they are ignoring it or that they don't feel its not a need - I just think they want to try to address those needs through other avenues than through the draft.

Undrafted Free Agency is still a time to find guys as well as regular free agency and trades... all is not lost

IMO, I don't think we can say it was a bad draft or failure simply because they didn't pick anyone at these positions - they still got quality players on many of their picks.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head over to the Undrafted Free Agents thread - some names already on the list to add

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are fussing about the Dolphins approach at TE in this draft. They approached it EXACTLY as they needed to - they got their pass catching TE in the Penn Stater then got their blocking TE later.

As we have seen for far too long, due to the issues on the OL, the Fins have often had to use their primary TE as an extra blocker to help the OL - But taking this approach, they have both their pass-catching TE that can focus primarily on that and their purely blocking TE so that he can focus on that.

As I said earlier in the day, the moves that were made in this draft clearly show the influence and say Adam Gase has on the roster - he has shown he likes and has a lot of say on the roster - its good because as the HC he is putting a target on himself about the makeup of this roster should it not work out - And obviously it could be bad if they don't pan out.

I am not directing this at you, just the fan base in general - think of all the times they DID draft some OL over recent seasons in the first 3 rounds and then think about how many of those guys have actually lived up to the draft status?

Far too many just haven't worked out and then Fans go crazy on the team about having those guys not living up to their draft status.

I don't think that not having drafted anyone at either of those two positions is because they are ignoring it or that they don't feel its not a need - I just think they want to try to address those needs through other avenues than through the draft.

Undrafted Free Agency is still a time to find guys as well as regular free agency and trades... all is not lost

IMO, I don't think we can say it was a bad draft or failure simply because they didn't pick anyone at these positions - they still got quality players on many of their picks.

I'd say you made some good picks. The problem this year (as I see it) Not a very deep draft class.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say you made some good picks. The problem this year (as I see it) Not a very deep draft class.....
I'm pretty happy with the draft they filled some holes and Fitz should be a very good FS. If he can cover Gronk then it will be an excellent pick!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty happy with the draft they filled some holes and Fitz should be a very good FS. If he can cover Gronk then it will be an excellent pick!

I don't know if he's going to cover Gronk as a rookie but he has the potential. Will Gronk even be in NE in 2019?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he's going to cover Gronk as a rookie but he has the potential. Will Gronk even be in NE in 2019?
He'll be part of the plan no doubt. Hard to say about gronk but either way they need help covering TE's no doubt about it.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited to see how the new additions on offense at TE will help the team. The Fins will have the best Oline that they have had during THill's career due to the FA signings and that will help also. The team is stacked at WR and greatly improved at TE. At RB I like Ballage's attitude. He realizes that he needs coaching to reach his potential and he has a lot of potential. That's another solid pick to complement the Fin's RBs.

They added more speed at Safety and LB. Fitzpatrick is a versatile playmaker. They also added another CB.

A questionable non pick was at DT. The Fins must have confidence in their current group. Also, they are bringing in some undrafted players; Pittman and Moten for consideration. Hopefully the Fins will be able to stop the run. The Fins will definitely be a harder team to pass against.

The other questionable non pick area is at QB. THill has gotten better every year of his career. I expect he'll have a good year. He had plenty of time to recover and he is a natural athlete and still young. At backup Osweiler will have a chance to prove himself with a 1 year deal. I know that he gets a lot or criticism but he must have impressed a few coaches along the way to sign the big contracts earlier in his career. The Fins' moves in the offseason including the draft have made a statement that the team wants to win now.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I scratched my head when they drafted the 2nd TE, but it doesnt bother me. I like the idea of maybe running a 2 TE set. Gives you more blocking and/or the chance to bring them out for passes. NE has used it to much success. Time Miami tries to copy them a little.