• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners arm-chair GM offseason thread

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe lowering beer prices at the stadium would ease the pain of the same rotation being run back out there next season????:noidea:

$12 for an IPA is fucking criminal.

I think the canned shit is $10, but if I'm gonna shell out that much damn money for a drink it might as well be good.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the canned shit is $10, but if I'm gonna shell out that much damn money for a drink it might as well be good.

A little off subject, but did anyone see what the Falcons (I believe) did with concessions? The owner mandated the prices of all food and drinks be the same price for any event held at their stadium and the prices are cheap, cheap, cheap. I thinks pop was $2 and refillable if my memory holds. Hot dogs are a $2. Beer was real cheap (I forget the price). Everything sold is on the same price level and vendors can't change them for anything. Good for him.

I found it:

Take a look:

View image on Twitter
DEeRQIXXgAECtHS.jpg:small

Follow
Darren Rovell

✔@darrenrovell

Falcons confirm Mercedes-Benz Stadium will open on August 26. Here are their "fan friendly" concession prices

11:03 AM - Jul 11, 2017

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little off subject, but did anyone see what the Falcons (I believe) did with concessions? The owner mandated the prices of all food and drinks be the same price for any event held at their stadium and the prices are cheap, cheap, cheap. I thinks pop was $2 and refillable if my memory holds. Hot dogs are a $2. Beer was real cheap (I forget the price). Everything sold is on the same price level and vendors can't change them for anything. Good for him.

I found it:

Take a look:

View image on Twitter

Follow
Darren Rovell

✔@darrenrovell

Falcons confirm Mercedes-Benz Stadium will open on August 26. Here are their "fan friendly" concession prices

Holy shit, that's incredible. I didn't know about this. One time when I was at Safeco and they were about to stop serving, I ordered two double Whiskey and Cokes one for my friend and one for myself and it was $40 or so. I almost shit myself.

Maybe they're trying to make up for the fact that the Chick-fil-A in the stadium is closed on Sundays.

That's dirt cheap for even bar prices. I was at Tavern Hall in Bellevue for the UW @ OSU game and I ordered some burger, 3 beers, 2 double whiskey sours and he had some sandwich, a boilermaker and a beer, I picked up the tab and it was $104 after tip.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I found it:

Take a look:

View image on Twitter

Follow
Darren Rovell

✔@darrenrovell

That is really cool!!! Bought time some of these greedy fucking billionaires make it a little less of a kick in the nuts when you go to game.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is sounding a lot like Jack did in year 3 when things started to crumble. GM's have nobody to blame but themselves. He has a good payroll...just shitty players.
Dip really pissed me off this season. He seemed completely scatterbrained, almost like he couldn't help himself from making weird trades. Pulling off trades that really didn't do a damn thing except weaken the already weak prospect pool. Dipoto has a flawed plan and a turd of a coach. I am really looking forward to a complete shit show of an off season.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they're trying to make up for the fact that the Chick-fil-A in the stadium is closed on Sundays.

Ya, I saw that earlier in the off season and got a big laugh out of that. Why would they put in a restaurant that is closed for games???? Too funny.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I saw that earlier in the off season and got a big laugh out of that. Why would they put in a restaurant that is closed for games???? Too funny.

I can't imagine the thinking on this one. I think most people know that Chick-fil-A is closed nationally on Sundays because the owners are super religious.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dip really pissed me off this season. He seemed completely scatterbrained, almost like he couldn't help himself from making weird trades. Pulling off trades that really didn't do a damn thing except weaken the already weak prospect pool. Dipoto has a flawed plan and a turd of a coach. I am really looking forward to a complete shit show of an off season.

I was very confused by many of his trades myself.

The thing that I think infuriated me the most was when he seemed clueless about the consensus value of Marco v. O'Neill. He honestly seemed confused by the frustration of the fans. He legitimately appeared to believe that Marco was a prospect of equal value to O'Neill. I will add that I do think he has a heavy bias against Jack Z's prospects.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing that I think infuriated me the most was when he seemed clueless about the consensus value of Marco v. O'Neill. He honestly seemed confused by the frustration of the fans. He legitimately appeared to believe that Marco was a prospect of equal value to O'Neill. I will add that I do think he has a heavy bias against Jack Z's prospects.
I think he absolutely has a bias against Jack Z's guys even if they are legit prospects. The simple fact that he was so confused is cause to be concerned for the remainder of his reign and what he pictures as the blueprint for the Mariners to win.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is absolute craziness to put a restaurant in a football stadium that is closed on Sundays :pound:Real real dumb

You'd think at least an intern would point out that they're closed on Sundays lol.

I have to assume the restaurant is accessible without entering the stadium or something. I know Chick-fil-A sponsors the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl (How did I figure that one out) which is played in that stadium. Perhaps part of the sponsorship stipulated having a Chick-fil-A in the new stadium. My best guess.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I found it:

Take a look:

View image on Twitter

Follow
Darren Rovell

✔@darrenrovell

I've never understood why major pro sports are so against it except getting backlash from groups like MAAD. It's A piss poor business model if you don't lower your prices when you don't sell out. For the huge dent in revenue you get from concessions and beer sales you more than make up for in ticket and merchandising sales and depending on how much profits an organization gets from parking and most importantly the opportunity to hook one new lifelong fan. The Mariners do every stupid gimmick in the book to get the drive by fan but do nothing to try to create a lifelong fan who will show up for more than the bobble head games.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else have that feeling that some how this will get fucked up too, just like everything else Mariners. No doubt the new grass will end up blowing Paxton's UCL to bits.

You mean our groundscrew that couldn't close the damn roof a couple years ago. May not have mattered but that day seemed to be the beginning of the end of Felix. Oh well at least they can dance right

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its $12.50 for most 24 oz beers there. So when you consider it's $6.25 a beer, it's roughly the same as most normal bars. You used to be able to get those $6 cans of Rainier or Tecate in the Hit at Here Cafe but those are gone now

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its $12.50 for most 24 oz beers there. So when you consider it's $6.25 a beer, it's roughly the same as most normal bars. You used to be able to get those $6 cans of Rainier or Tecate in the Hit at Here Cafe but those are gone now

Ahh. Most of the games I went to this year were in the terrace club. I'd typically order draft IPAs, I can't remember what size and I'm pretty sure it was $12 each. I'm unsure if that was after tip or not.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That article you posted about his reaction really turned me off on Dipoto. It's like every other person in baseball is wrong and he is right. The deal made no sense, I think most Mariners fans realized he would probably get dealt, but maybe it was just me and my little circle, we thought he'd get dealt in a deadline deal to help them make a push for the playoffs.