• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Cowboys/Packers smack talk thread

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont know that at all. It was one play out of many. The 3rd and 20 GB completion cost them OT.

And you don't know that differently.

If they run a play instead of spike, 3rd and 20 never happens.

Chets, you can't live with them, you can't kill them......

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, You can always play that game and can't say that either. The 3rd and 20 costs nothing if he misses the FG.

I tend to agree with you. I'm never one to blame one play/call/mistake. The game is 60 minutes of plays/decisions/etc. But that doesn't mean they don't all contribute one way or another. The Butler mistakes, the penalties, the poor decisions all played a role. To dismiss them because there were other reasons for a loss too doesn't make sense. the Funny thing though is even dumb mistakes can end up helping. BUT...that doesn't make them not a dumb mistake. It's about playing the odds. I can hit 20 in blackjack and draw an ace, but that doesn't change the fact that I made a dumb move

I truly believe there is a point where things decided are important. Not always in the last 50 seconds.

But that was a huge sequence leading up to the final GB possession. Time on clock was of the fucking essence.

And by spiking it, they left way too much.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe there is a point where things decided are important. Not always in the last 50 seconds.

But that was a huge sequence leading up to the final GB possession. Time on clock was of the fucking essence.

And by spiking it, they left way too much.
Agree 100%. It was stupid and a big mistake. Not the only reason they lost though is what I meant

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. It was stupid and a big mistake. Not the only reason they lost though is what I meant

Agreed and I never said anything like that.

But it was there then. To win. Or at least OT.

And the pressure got to Garrett and Linehan more than it did to Dak.

At least from where I was sitting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed and I never said anything like that.

But it was there then. To win. Or at least OT.

And the pressure got to Garrett and Linehan more than it did to Dak.

At least from where I was sitting.
I don't think timeouts or spiking is Linehan in that situation. I think that is all Garrett. But to be honest...I really don't know who made the call. Heck it could have been Dak.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiking the ball is common in that situation, they just completed a pass for a 1st and wanted time to huddle. Options were 1. spike the ball, 2. call time out, 3. run a play. I heard people say they'd have called a TO, but we all know if possible teams keep that last TO in case they need to get the kick team on the field. Yes they could have just lined up and ran a play, but it looks as though the coaches aren't quite ready to give Dak that much authority in that situation.
People can sit here all day and question the spike, but if the 3rd down pass is completed the spike would have been 100% the right call.

MMQBs are hilarious. Truth is GB made the plays they had to and WON. I say FUCK GB but I still Credit them.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manster has nailed it. It's not just one first down- it was 2 back to back first downs. 40 plus seconds had already been used. I don't know about the high NFL today, but they use to say two plays are called in the huddle in 2 minute drill. Both plays the receiver was tackled in the field of play. Again as poised as people say Dak is, I still want him on the right page right there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiking the ball is common in that situation, they just completed a pass for a 1st and wanted time to huddle. Options were 1. spike the ball, 2. call time out, 3. run a play. I heard people say they'd have called a TO, but we all know if possible teams keep that last TO in case they need to get the kick team on the field. Yes they could have just lined up and ran a play, but it looks as though the coaches aren't quite ready to give Dak that much authority in that situation.
People can sit here all day and question the spike, but if the 3rd down pass is completed the spike would have been 100% the right call.

MMQBs are hilarious. Truth is GB made the plays they had to and WON. I say FUCK GB but I still Credit them.
No it wouldn't have been the right call if they got the first down, it would have worked out, but been lucky. There was a lot of time left and the down was more important than the clock. It really wasn't even close. They had like 50 seconds. That's an eternity. Instead of having 3 chances at a first they had two. That is huge. And as far as not giving Dak the authority they just did it one play earlier.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we are playing would haves and could haves and ifs and buts let's just go ahead and be honest with ourselves. If Romo plays, we score 50. There would have been no question at the end, he would have ended it with a TD or a pick. He doesn't lay up for par.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the league has admitted the refs blew the call on the WR in the huddle screwjob in the first quarter of a scoring drive.

There was no huddle formed, and they just admitted what MOST of us that aren't blind saw in this very thread.

NFL disputes report they admitted to Cowboys penalty was mistake

Not that it really matters now. I really don't know WHY the league tells teams this stuff since it changes nothing.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the league has admitted the refs blew the call on the WR in the huddle screwjob in the first quarter of a scoring drive.

There was no huddle formed, and they just admitted what MOST of us that aren't blind saw in this very thread.

NFL disputes report they admitted to Cowboys penalty was mistake

Not that it really matters now. I really don't know WHY the league tells teams this stuff since it changes nothing.

the curse of jerry

Fuck Jerry Jones

but, it had no effect on the outcome what-so-ever....:gaah: