• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Cowboys/Packers smack talk thread

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones looks like Emperor Palpatine.

hqdefault.jpg
If it takes being on the Dark Side, to win a SB sign me up. Now this does shed some light on tbe Pats success.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the whole thing and while I agree we should have run the ball more since we were dominating it was the drive killing penalties and stupidity that put us in a hole. The plays Linehan called got us square with less than a minute to play. If we ran more in the red zone I do think we score more points so I was disappointed at that. The one big coaching blunder was spiking the ball on the last drive. That was inexcusable IMO. But again, it took a lucky completion and a knuckle ball kick that just made it in with time running out beat us. So the coaches did something right. Not fair to fault them for what they did wrong unless you credit them for what they did right.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's only second guessed when it fails....so typical

if a frog had wings.....

packers coach kicks a 56 yard FG with 2 plus remaining in a 28-28 tie game.
IF it's missed....Dallas has a short field.

Garrett is the idiot cause it didn't work
again...typical fan overreaction

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if a frog had wings.....

With Dallas going for the win and not just the tie I think the spike makes sense. Yes it will get second guessed to death but I wont say it was the right call but it wasnt the wrong one. Dallas had one TO remaining and they wanted to save it in case they needed it to attempt a FG later.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Dallas going for the win and not just the tie I think the spike makes sense. Yes it will get second guessed to death but I wont say it was the right call but it wasnt the wrong one. Dallas had one TO remaining and they wanted to save it in case they needed it to attempt a FG later.
I had no problem with killing the clock in that situation and hindsight remains 20/20

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no problem with killing the clock in that situation and hindsight remains 20/20
if the TO used to freeze Crosby worked its a moot point. Like previously stated, if Dallas won no one would be saying a word.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the whole thing and while I agree we should have run the ball more since we were dominating it was the drive killing penalties and stupidity that put us in a hole. The plays Linehan called got us square with less than a minute to play. If we ran more in the red zone I do think we score more points so I was disappointed at that. The one big coaching blunder was spiking the ball on the last drive. That was inexcusable IMO. But again, it took a lucky completion and a knuckle ball kick that just made it in with time running out beat us. So the coaches did something right. Not fair to fault them for what they did wrong unless you credit them for what they did right.

:lebowski2:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if a frog had wings.....

Bull Shit. As they were running up to the ball I was screaming don't spike it. And let out more than a few expletives after they did. That's not after the fact. "Typical" seems to be you thinking you know what others are thinking better than themselves and being unable to accept any criticism of those you put on a pedestal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was plenty of time left. My point was not they should have used a time out. Simply run a play like they just did the play before. That down was worth it's weight in gold and anyone who has watched the Cowboys the last few years knew the last thing we would want to do is give the ball back to the opposing team with time left on the clock in that situation. If you don't get a first you don't need more than 40 seconds anyway. If you do get a first you have the sidelines, incomplete passes and your TO. There was a ton of time left. Dumb call

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull Shit. As they were running up to the ball I was screaming don't spike it. And let out more than a few expletives after they did. That's not after the fact. "Typical" seems to be you thinking you know what others are thinking better than themselves and being unable to accept any criticism of those you put on a pedestal.
I'm sure your dog can verify all that.
Dallas radio this week had many fans call in saying they were screaming spike the ball. Pull your lace panties up jarntt, Dallas wins and you don't say shit, now? It's your mission to say the same thing over and over. Hindsight is all you cupcake

funny you spin to me liking Garrett when it's clearly your issue you don't.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Typical second guess...The Spike was absolutely the right play

God forbid a coach has confidence in his defense to stop an offense from going 40 yards in 30 seconds

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical second guess...The Spike was absolutely the right play

God forbid a coach has confidence in his defense to stop an offense from going 40 yards in 30 seconds
but it's more fashionable for some Dallas fans to blame the coach.

8 years running

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure your dog can verify all that.
Dallas radio this week had many fans call in saying they were screaming spike the ball. Pull your lace panties up jarntt, Dallas wins and you don't say shit, now? It's your mission to say the same thing over and over. Hindsight is all you cupcake

funny you spin to me liking Garrett when it's clearly your issue you don't.
Bull shit times 2. I would have said it win or lose AND I like Garrett.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a problem with it. They should have simply run a play and I was screaming at the TV to not spike it when it became apparent that's what they were going to do.

Clock management is everything and they (Garrett) failed miserably at it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a problem with it. They should have simply run a play and I was screaming at the TV to not spike it when it became apparent that's what they were going to do.

And the problem is more that he has a history of failing at it. He needs to get better at time management.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good for you
maybe Dallas will get another coach.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good for you
maybe Dallas will get another coach.

Damn skippy good for me.

They hit Beasley just fine on the very next play. All they needed was another 10 seconds rundown.

And I'd be OK if they found somebody else, Garrett has fucked it up before. This was much more monumental than Williams not going OB in Week 1.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all this nonsense back and forth about "the spike"

If they were really smart, they would have held a Packers WR which would have only given the Packers 5 extra yds but would have probably burned 5-7 seconds off the clock

no pass to Cook = OT = a Packers loss

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn skippy good for me.

They hit Beasley just fine on the very next play. All they needed was another 10 seconds rundown.

And I'd be OK if they found somebody else, Garrett has fucked it up before. This was much more monumental than Williams not going OB in Week 1.

but then again....I never thought your opinions hold a greater value, and I certainly don't think Garrett clocking the ball lost the game.

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked how he held on to the ball when Cowboys safety Jeff Heath sacked him late in the game, Packers QB Aaron Rodgers held up both hands and said: "Size matters."