• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Arizona Baseball Thread

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening day starts in about 20 minutes. Link to watch it is in the pinned tweet.

Arizona Baseball (@ArizonaBaseball) | Twitter

You catch any of that game today? I think we were down like 9-2 and came back to win 16-13. Crazy game. Quintana is a fucking stud. Our 4-6 hitters today went 11-17 with 11 RBIs.

Our pitching looked atrocious for the most part; especially given that Cloney blanked them yesterday.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You catch any of that game today? I think we were down like 9-2 and came back to win 16-13. Crazy game. Quintana is a fucking stud. Our 4-6 hitters today went 11-17 with 11 RBIs.

Our pitching looked atrocious for the most part; especially given that Cloney blanked them yesterday.
Yeah I saw the whole thing! I was so excited to see Quintana forever and hes not letting me down! We were down 9-0. I knew coming into the season that our offense was going to be the strong point of the team. Man we got some hitters. I think Quintana and Morrimoto are our best pure hitters. But basically up and down the lineup its hard to find a weak point offensively. Besides Cloney I'm really not confident in our pitching. We did strike out 14 today though. I'd like to see us use Alfonso Rivas in the rotation, especially since Matijevic figures to get the most starts at first anyway. I love all of our newcomers. Jay Johnson knows what hes doing on the recruiting trail.

Also the softball team won 21-0 today and they're 9-0 on the season with a ridiculous run differential. Overall a good day for UofA sports.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I saw the whole thing! I was so excited to see Quintana forever and hes not letting me down! We were down 9-0. I knew coming into the season that our offense was going to be the strong point of the team. Man we got some hitters. I think Quintana and Morrimoto are our best pure hitters. But basically up and down the lineup its hard to find a weak point offensively. Besides Cloney I'm really not confident in our pitching. We did strike out 14 today though. I'd like to see us use Alfonso Rivas in the rotation, especially since Matijevic figures to get the most starts at first anyway. I love all of our newcomers. Jay Johnson knows what hes doing on the recruiting trail.

Also the softball team won 21-0 today and they're 9-0 on the season with a ridiculous run differential. Overall a good day for UofA sports.

Yeah man I agree with all of that. Coach is going to have his (and his P coaching staff's) work cut out to get those arms better. Glad to have the bats until then. Can't wait to see how the season goes. Looking good early!

And we could definitely have another good year in softball. A little overdue!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the Pac-12 saying Arizona had the most televised games in the conference. So far only the UCLA and OSU series have been televised to that probably means almost the rest of our games will be on TV. Tonight's game does happen to be televised but it's goi. To be on CW6 and not PAC networks. CW6 acts as like the home channel for GCU so that's why it's on there even though the game is in Tucson. Either way I'm glad I don't have to stream online much longer. That shit sucks so much.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the Pac-12 saying Arizona had the most televised games in the conference. So far only the UCLA and OSU series have been televised to that probably means almost the rest of our games will be on TV. Tonight's game does happen to be televised but it's goi. To be on CW6 and not PAC networks. CW6 acts as like the home channel for GCU so that's why it's on there even though the game is in Tucson. Either way I'm glad I don't have to stream online much longer. That shit sucks so much.

I think they meant that it's streamed online ("televised") the most. I agree. Sucks to not be able to watch on P12Net with a TV broadcast.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they meant that it's streamed online ("televised") the most. I agree. Sucks to not be able to watch on P12Net with a TV broadcast.
I just looked it up and our tv schedule is back loaded. The first half of conference play only had two series televised but but we have 15 televised games the rest of the way. Thank god.

Baseball to Appear on TV 20 Times in 2017

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, what a slide the last couple weeks. We need to lock it up for the final month. I haven't watched the games so I'm not sure what has happened. @The Derski any ideas?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, what a slide the last couple weeks. We need to lock it up for the final month. I haven't watched the games so I'm not sure what has happened. @The Derski any ideas?
The timely hits just aren't coming anymore. Combine that with a mediocre pitching staff and it's not good. This team is very reliant on offense and if we're scoring less than 5 runs a game then we are going to be on the wrong end of the scoreboard more times than not. Back to back sweeps. Yikes.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timely hits just aren't coming anymore. Combine that with a mediocre pitching staff and it's not good. This team is very reliant on offense and if we're scoring less than 5 runs a game then we are going to be on the wrong end of the scoreboard more times than not. Back to back sweeps. Yikes.

Yeah, that sucks. I think we identified pretty early what our weakness (pitching), and hoped that we'd figure it out and have the bats to cover until we figured it out. Looks like we haven't figured it out, and the bats are failing to cover.

Haha, sounds like Rich Rod, but not as bad.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't updated here in a while. We just swept ASU 3 games in their building but apparently we are still right on the cusp of hosting a regional. We must sweep Cal in our last series of the regular season to feel somewhat comfortable.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Oregon State just straight up dominated this season. They only have 4 losses and I think set the conference record for wins. They have the best pitching staff in the country and their ace who I forgot his name is going to be PAC 12 pitcher of the year. JJ Matijevic is competing with Nick Madrigal of OSU for player of the year.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Oregon State just straight up dominated this season. They only have 4 losses and I think set the conference record for wins. They have the best pitching staff in the country and their ace who I forgot his name is going to be PAC 12 pitcher of the year. JJ Matijevic is competing with Nick Madrigal of OSU for player of the year.

Yeah holy fuck, I've been tracking OSU. Crazy how much they dominated. Also crazy how little the Pac showed up this season. We've had a good recent stretch, but we only have one top 25 win this season (1-9, against like 5-6 teams). We had that rough stretch with Stanford (who turned out to be better than I thought) and Utah, which is also a solid team. Basically, it looks like we beat up on shit, and suck against quality. We're also 23-5 at home and 11-11 on the road. We are going to need to play at home to get momentum for Omaha.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah holy fuck, I've been tracking OSU. Crazy how much they dominated. Also crazy how little the Pac showed up this season. We've had a good recent stretch, but we only have one top 25 win this season (1-9, against like 5-6 teams). We had that rough stretch with Stanford (who turned out to be better than I thought) and Utah, which is also a solid team. Basically, it looks like we beat up on shit, and suck against quality. We're also 23-5 at home and 11-11 on the road. We are going to need to play at home to get momentum for Omaha.
I'm still optimistic about a post season run. Arizona has a history of catching fire at the right time after lackluster regular seasons. 2012 and just last year being prime examples.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ Matijevic drafted in the second round, 75th overall by the Astros. I really don't know the draft grade for Jared Olivia because that shit is hard to find but I imagine he'll be drafted somewhat early tomorrow.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo man, what happened to all of the AZ fans? When we all switched over from ESPN, like 15-20 people came over. Now, you and I are like the only people on here now. Gordon definitely posts in the CBB threads, but other than that it's a ghost town in here.

I looked back at the threads. I don't fuck with football much and you are the only one who posted on this past season. You and I are the only ones who post about baseball and softball. And with gordon, there are only three of us who post on here for basketball. I don't think that DC ever posted on the AZ forum, and I don't think sting comes here anymore.

On top of that, the Dodgers forum is dead. All I have left is really the P12 basketball thread in the CBB forum and occasionally some threads in the CBB forum. Every once in a while I post in the college baseball threads.

But damn, this AZ forum is why I came here and you and I are the only ones keeping this thing going.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo man, what happened to all of the AZ fans? When we all switched over from ESPN, like 15-20 people came over. Now, you and I are like the only people on here now. Gordon definitely posts in the CBB threads, but other than that it's a ghost town in here.

I looked back at the threads. I don't fuck with football much and you are the only one who posted on this past season. You and I are the only ones who post about baseball and softball. And with gordon, there are only three of us who post on here for basketball. I don't think that DC ever posted on the AZ forum, and I don't think sting comes here anymore.

On top of that, the Dodgers forum is dead. All I have left is really the P12 basketball thread in the CBB forum and occasionally some threads in the CBB forum. Every once in a while I post in the college baseball threads.

But damn, this AZ forum is why I came here and you and I are the only ones keeping this thing going.
Yeah the traffic has gone way down. I haven't seen Sting in ages and when he does post it's mostly just one comment here and there in the NBA forum. Gordon still posts in the NBA forum just about every day. D.C. stays in the CBB forums. Gumby left a long time ago. A lot of our former regulars I think just haven't logged on in forever. Maybe they left for good. It would be nice if they came back but who knows. It's unfortunate but I'll keep posting here because the site itself is very active even if some of the forums are not.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of our drafts picks so far.

19105487_10154724513888494_8057649467768935414_n.jpg

19113720_10154726498068494_4174783413395886289_n.jpg

19030475_10154726636213494_9126583601840887488_n.jpg

19105991_10154729229508494_4535790840925055923_n.jpg