• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2018 NFL Draft

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This years draft seems pretty straight forward to me. We need weapons on offense. I anticipate a rather large wr signing this offseason. I have my fingers crossed for Allen Robinson. I also think we go wide receiver in the first round. We might be choosing between Christian Kirk out of Texas A&m and Calvin Ridley out of Alabama. And outside shot is OLine with Mike McGlinchey or best defensive player available. I’d be thrilled with any of the three I named in conjunction with some FA signings at WR and OLine. This team can compete next year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s a list of our free agents...

2018 NFL Free Agents Tracker

Of those I would want to try to keep amukamora around another year or two and sign fuller, Inman, Wright, and Jones long term. I hope this is possible with making a big signing or two this offseason.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be satisfied if they took OLine and WR with the first five picks. Maybe sign an Allen Robinson, Terrelle Pryor, or Eric Decker. If this team can scrounge a good LT, RT, and WR from this draft we will be in he playoffs next hear.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be satisfied if they took OLine and WR with the first five picks. Maybe sign an Allen Robinson, Terrelle Pryor, or Eric Decker. If this team can scrounge a good LT, RT, and WR from this draft we will be in he playoffs next hear.

I have to admit, Leno Jr., while not elite, he IS arguably our most consistent and especially durable o-linemen.

I have no idea his grade er' whatever, but I thought he played ok this year, and his durability has been stellar.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, Leno Jr., while not elite, he IS arguably our most consistent and especially durable o-linemen.

I have no idea his grade er' whatever, but I thought he played ok this year, and his durability has been stellar.

He's a very, very reliable LT. He gets shit sometimes because the average fan only notices a LT when he gets beat or false starts. There's extremely few tackles in the league who play all 16 games, without even appearing on the injury report and mostly go unnoticed.

I think I said last off-season, there's only 3-4 truly elite tackles. Leno falls into the next tier. Which just shows how tough of a position it is to nail down. We have our guy there, and I don't want to mess with it.

I would certainly be open to replacing Massie. However, you typically do not have to draft OL early to find good talent. However, if we feel there's a truly special talent at #8, I would not mind it.

From left to right... Leno and a rookie manning the tackle-spots, with Long/Whitehair/Sitton on the interior sounds good to me. Provided we think Sitton has enough left to finish out his contract. Was a top ten OL according to PFF metrics, so I see no sign of decline.

Long NEEDS to stay healthy, or else talks of moving on are going to surface.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as "weapons". I love our RB depth chart as is, Howard/Cohen/Cunningham. They're all unique to each other, and serve their purpose at a high level.

For the record, Robinson (who should come at a discount after his injury) is the only WR I like on the free agent list. If we can bring him in cheap, I'd really like that.

Other than that, re-sign Inman/Wright. Get Meredith healthy (who I still am high on). Grab a young WR somewhere in the draft, Bellamy sticks around as a back-end depth WR and SPT's guy. White (on the final year of his contract) gets one final shot in training camp.

We also signed Gentry to a futures contract, so it looks like he'll get another shot in camp.

Shaheen, Brown and Braunecker are fine as TE options, provided Shaheen is ready to step-up. I think we take the option out of Sims contract. Obviously, I think we all can conclude that Miller's career has come to a close. He will be 34 next year, just nearly lost a leg and has a family to think about. God-speed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Meredith is a restricted free agent. However, given his recent injury, I think we should be able to retain him without much trouble.

I am quite excited to see him in action with Trubisky next season.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a feeling we’re going to target Christian Kirk in the draft.He just seems like a WR that would thrive in Nagys offense.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it bother anyone else that other teams besides our Bears have been wheeling and dealing prior to free agency?