• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slopez is gone. Only way he comes back is if the Lakers strike out in free agency, and even then he might not be who they choose to sign to a one year deal.

did forget about that part. was just so painful to watch the guy during the season I guess he's kinda burned into my brain...

but, this WAS why I was hoping we'd have drafted Mitchell Robinson last night when we had the chance...

I don't dislike the Wagner pick, but he MIGHT'VE been there at 39....

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, welcome to real life, lady. This isn't college, where chicks can demand equal funding with the men's team. This is real life, where your sport's popularity and revenue tends to dictate how much players make.

WNBA players are paid so little b/c the league doesn't make any money. The WNBA draws jack shit in attendance, has terrible TV ratings, and even though it’s being subsidized by money from the NBA, as of 2016, half of the WNBA’s teams were losing money. Take the NBA’s money away and the WNBA would’ve folded years ago. WNBA players are essentially living off of handouts from the NBA.

If you want to make money off of basketball as a women, your best bet is Europe.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, LeBron James, KG, Kobe, Dwight Howard and more all came straight from high school. Yes, the extra year helps evaluate, but elite talents can be spotted well before college. Porter fits that bill if his body cooperates.

Exactly. And knowledgeable NBA execs can spot that very quickly. I heard that when The Logo worked out Kobe, after about 15 minutes he said: "I've seen all I need".

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lord, ANOTHER friggin' guard...

do something about the CENTER position...

tired of Lopez's slow ass...

He's gone. I guess Wagner will get some burn there as a stretch 5 in a small lineup.

They'll probably address that in free agency.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers: didn't like their draft. Adding shooters to potentially pair with LBJ or Lonzo is nice, but they needed to add some athelticism too and they didn't.

I wouldn't say loser, probably more of a wash, imo. The Lakers needed 3 point shooting and defense. They addressed the 3 point shooting need.

Once they did that though, I would have liked to have seen them go after Melton or even Metu (both from USC). Both need work and I thought they should have stayed 1 more year (although, in Melton's case, I understand), but could contribute defensively right away.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with a brain would have already known that.

Amazing how dumb having a cuunt makes a bitch.

They’re no different than the US women's soccer team.

They don’t understand that generating revenue is part of their “equal work”

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that it's the day after the draft, I'm still bummed the Kings didn't take Luka but I'm trying to look on the bright side with MB3. He will give the Kings a big boost on rebounds which is a weakness for them and he should be able to get up and down the floor for transition buckets/lobs. He'll also be their best inside scorer and can put up a double double year one if he gets enough PT. The question is who gets moved, even though a rotation of Bagley/Giles/Skal/WCS could work for the 4/5 positions, there is also Zbo/Kosta/Cooley so I think at least a few moves are needed. I'd preferably say Zbo and WCS go, but we'll see. And Dave Joerger needs to let this team play at a fast pace, Bagley can get his chances scoring inside but he can also run along with most of the young guys on the team. Fox especially needs to work at a faster pace to utilize his speed.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re no different than the US women's soccer team.

They don’t understand that generating revenue is part of their “equal work”
I always totally agree to let them out of the kitchen until they prove they should go back.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Nuggets took a gamble on a lottery ticket. He could turn into an absolute stud. But there is probably a better chance that he will have little impact in the NBA due to either his play or injury.
It's the 14th pick. There is literally no risk at taking arguably the most talented player there. If he becomes oden it really is no big deal. The 14th pick doesn't produce great players.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the 14th pick. There is literally no risk at taking arguably the most talented player there. If he becomes oden it really is no big deal. The 14th pick doesn't produce great players.

I more or less agree. If the Nuggets didn't take him, one of the teams right after him almost certainly would have. The risk-reward becomes much more compelling as you move down the draft.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3