• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post-draft analysis on Shamet:

“Scores at a very high level from the perimeter with a picturesque one-motion jump shot. 33% of his possessions were Spot Ups or Off Screens last season. Scored 1.557 points per catch and shoot jump shot in the half court [99th percentile] shooting the ball with great touch and range. Sets his feet quickly with great shot preparation. Has obvious potential as a floor spacer.”
Shamet has some potential... he can shoot, no doubt... a little on the slim side, though... but he's not bad as a player at that draft slot...

Doesn't answer the question of how all the PG's on the Sixers roster... especially Fultz... fit together.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Scores at a very high level from the perimeter with a picturesque one-motion jump shot. 33% of his possessions were Spot Ups or Off Screens last season. Scored 1.557 points per catch and shoot jump shot in the half court [99th percentile] shooting the ball with great touch and range. Sets his feet quickly with great shot preparation. Has obvious potential as a floor spacer.”

Something tells me Fultz is being traded sooner vs later.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News: Bitch ass LiAngelo Ball is still waiting at home waiting to be drafted.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know Mecca. The Clips had two picks and this kid if healthy is a top 3 player. Sullinger fell like this as well and Celts took a chance and at least his health was managed well (but he was such a one way player)

The difference between Sullinger and Porter is that Sullinger actually played in college and played really well.

Michael Porter basically has no college CV. So he's basically a high school 5 star recruit coming off a major injury. That is an awful lot of unknowns.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm curious what Landry Shamet means for Markelle Fultz.

So now the Sixers have 4 point guards on the team if we consider Ben a PG. Is Shamet going to play more a 2 guard role? Or are they going to be looking to deal Fultz/Shamet?

I'd imagine they're switching him over to the 2.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. But now we have Fultz, TJ, Shamet, and Ben. Hard to see how Fultz and Shamet can both get enough minutes to develop this year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News: Bitch ass LiAngelo Ball is still waiting at home waiting to be drafting.

I completely forgot about LiAngelo Ball. This made my Friday. I wonder if Lavar's having a tit fit right now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised they took brown but he’s a reasonable choice.

Idk how they didn’t take zhaire

I will be honest.

Don't know much about Brown other than he is a plus athlete and he shot 29% from 3.

I think the Wizards need more than just an athletic body, and I believe there were better wings available. Would have preferred Walker or Smith.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Sullinger and Porter is that Sullinger actually played in college and played really well.

Michael Porter basically has no college CV. So he's basically a high school 5 star recruit coming off a major injury. That is an awful lot of unknowns.

Sullinger fell primary because of his medicals, but he was also correctly viewed as a 1 way player. Bigs that don't defend well just aren't all that valuable today.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sullinger fell primary because of his medicals, but he was also correctly viewed as a 1 way player. Bigs that don't defend well just aren't all that valuable today.

Fair enough. I was speaking more about Porter than Sullinger.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. I think Porter will be a bust, but the Nuggets couldn't pass him up at that spot on the slim chance he rebounds from the injury.

He'll probably sit out most (if not all) of the season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I think Porter will be a bust, but the Nuggets couldn't pass him up at that spot on the slim chance he rebounds from the injury.

He'll probably sit out most (if not all) of the season.

I don't have any clue what will happen with Porter physically. He might be the next brandon Roy.

Talent wise though, he is on the level of Doncic and Ayton at the top of the class. If he busts it is going to be because his body lets him down.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any clue what will happen with Porter physically. He might be the next brandon Roy.

Talent wise though, he is on the level of Doncic and Ayton at the top of the class. If he busts it is going to be because his body lets him down.

I think he'll be like Oden. Just can't get on the floor.

A bad back isn't a good sign at all.