• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL 2017 Draft Weekend Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a link. When Tdog was fired the McCasky's said in a interview that they wanted a HC with NFL experience. Pace did not pick Fox the McCaskys did.

Yeah, that doesn't mean anything. Pace picked Fox. He may have been limited to picking coaches with experience... but he picked him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, Bears on the clock

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...

Pace is either a genius or on the fast track to working at an Arby's

D-II TE out of Ashland. Looks great on tape, I'll give him that. 6'6 278 pounds, with good looking speed.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...i dunno about a TE there..pretty anticlimactic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace is dangerous this year. He is not playing things safe.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Miller, recently acquired Dion Sims, and then draft a pretty much unknown TE in the 2nd rd.

This pick is a much bigger head-scratcher to me than Trubs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Miller, recently acquired Dion Sims, and then draft a pretty much unknown TE in the 2nd rd.

This pick is a much bigger head-scratcher to me than Trubs.

I thought TE was possible in the 2nd or 3rd. Sims is mainly a blocker, and Miller is an injury waiting to happen who is 33 in October.

I would have probably preferred defense, but I'm quite fine with this.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that doesn't mean anything. Pace picked Fox. He may have been limited to picking coaches with experience... but he picked him.

You know where I stand, Fox was in chicago, he left unsigned, they had Pace on a plane chasing him to Denver.

Like the TE pick, I thought the browns were gonna get Kizer last night with the third first round pick, they got him at 52.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know where I stand, Fox was in chicago, he left unsigned, they had Pace on a plane chasing him to Denver.

Like the TE pick, I thought the browns were gonna get Kizer last night with the third first round pick, they got him at 52.

How does that even make sense, AI?

Ownership neglected to tell Pace he had to sign Fox... they wait until AFTER the interview, and go; "You better chase him to Denver! We demand you sign him!"

WTF...??? Start thinking these theories you have through a little better dude.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Trubs I get...the TE looks like he could actually be a steal in this draft...Eddie Jackson makes sense, but fuck me if I understand why you take a fucking running back at 119. How is this a team need? How is an under-sized RB, BPA?

This pick just makes zero sense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Trubs I get...the TE looks like he could actually be a steal in this draft...Eddie Jackson makes sense, but fuck me if I understand why you take a fucking running back at 119. How is this a team need? How is an under-sized RB, BPA?

Hmm... I disagree. Pace wants a speedy change of pace back to play passing downs. He's not undersized, in the least for that role.

If you look at what he's doing, it's somewhat like he's trying to model the offense after what they had in NO. Big athletic TE (Graham), speedy pass catching back (Sproles) and obviously a franchise QB (Brees).

Why isn't a RB, BPA? It's the 4th round... you act like we took him over premier prospects. I'm assuming he is also the leading candidate to be our return man. From what I've heard about him...

Oh, and I think this means Langford is gone.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that even make sense, AI?

Ownership neglected to tell Pace he had to sign Fox... they wait until AFTER the interview, and go; "You better chase him to Denver! We demand you sign him!"

WTF...??? Start thinking these theories you have through a little better dude.

How does that not make sense to anyone else?

WTF, why didnt you sign him.

I'm the GM, I need to interview the head coach.

You wont be the GM for long if you dont go get fox before he interviews with someone else.

Why is that so difficult to consider as to what happened.

Now the word is out that Fox knew nothing about spending this pick on the QB?

It might be as bad as its getting at the united center in the front office.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That film of this 275 pound tight end running past defensive backs was stunning, even if it was the first guy ever to be drafted from that little school.

I like the pick, but I also think this is a guy that might have been an undrafted free agent in this deep TE class.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that not make sense to anyone else?

WTF, why didnt you sign him.

I'm the GM, I need to interview the head coach.

You wont be the GM for long if you dont go get fox before he interviews with someone else.

Why is that so difficult to consider as to what happened.

Now the word is out that Fox knew nothing about spending this pick on the QB?

It might be as bad as its getting at the united center in the front office.

So, ownership WAITED until Fox flew home to DEMAND that they sign him? lol, AI... please, just think about this logically. Why would you wait until AFTER he has left to demand that of your GM, and make him get on a plane and go to Denver to "chase him" as you put it? The hell are you talking about?

He waited because he had a SERIES of coaching interviews, and had others lined up. This actually PROVES that Pace was not forced to hire Fox, as he would have done so on the spot if that was the case. He still wanted to go through his interviews, and evaluate all candidates.

My god dude...

And of course Fox didn't know the exact plan. He has ZERO personnel control powers.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That film of this 275 pound tight end running past defensive backs was stunning, even if it was the first guy ever to be drafted from that little school.

I like the pick, but I also think this is a guy that might have been an undrafted free agent in this deep TE class.

I agree that it's amazing how fast that big mf'er is. He's a damn truck. I like him, a lot.

However, let's keep it in perspective that those are D-II DB's as well, and probably run like LB's do in D-1.

Undrafted though, AI? WTF?

THINK... before you post. Shit

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, ownership WAITED until Fox flew home to DEMAND that they sign him? lol, AI... please, just think about this logically. Why would you wait until AFTER he has left to demand that of your GM, and make him get on a plane and go to Denver to "chase him" as you put it? The hell are you talking about?

He waited because he had a SERIES of coaching interviews, and had others lined up. This actually PROVES that Pace was not forced to hire Fox, as he would have done so on the spot if that was the case. He still wanted to go through his interviews, and evaluate all candidates.

My god dude...

And of course Fox didn't know the exact plan. He has ZERO personnel control powers.

I get what people think, and I completely agree with the fact that Pace thought he had to go thru his interviews and evaluate all the candidates,

but you are not considering the timeline.

They hired Ernie Accorsi the consultant December 29th.

They interviewed Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase and Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin before Pace was hired.

Bears interview Quinn and Gase 

Quinn and Gase were January 3rd. BEFORE Pace was hired on JANUARY 8th.. They did that with their consultant.

I clearly remember John Fox finishing the superbowl, leaving the Broncos and coming to the bears for the interview on a Thursday. This was the first interview Pace was even involved in. Pace flew to Denver on Friday. How else do you explain it?

How could he have interviewed Quinn and Gase when he was not hired for 5 days after their interview?

See, my illogical thinking was what I wrote. They did not know he left the building. Pace was with him one on one. Fox left the building. Georgie walked downstairs to see how it was going and Fox already left and shot Pace out to Denver.

this is the disfunction of the chicago bears, why do you question it?

What about the consultants they hired this year to review the entire Pace and Fox organization?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it's amazing how fast that big mf'er is. He's a damn truck. I like him, a lot.

However, let's keep it in perspective that those are D-II DB's as well, and probably run like LB's do in D-1.

Undrafted though, AI? WTF?

THINK... before you post. Shit

First player in the history of Ashland to ever be drafted to the NFL, strong year for tight ends and 13 were drafted. I am guessing there were GM's that wont pick a safety at 3 that would not consider taking a Division II tight end from a school that never had a player drafted.

Yeah, I think thats as big a question mark for the GM's that passed that would have wanted to keep their jobs.

Most of the grades for the pick are in the C-D range for him to have gone that high.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it, they're draft picks the last few years made sense to me and they keep having to start over. Maybe batshit crazy will work.