• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offensive restructuring, C Strong???

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want every one of you to answer this shit for me, cuz I don't fuvkng get it. I don't buy it. I ain't gonna bite into this shit taco:

So, we spent all off-season doing? What? On offense?

And now we're supposed to be installing a new NEW offense? In the midst of a very VERY tough front loaded schedule?

This is all Charlie Strong's responsibility. I don't care if he's a defense-first coach. How can you spend all off season practicing this particular offensive scheme with the personnel and deficiencies you KNOW you have??

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm much more interested in figuring out the plan from here on out. Norvell seems to be a stop gap solution with a little hint of a trial period thing going on. I hope someone is talking to Cumbie in the meantime. He is obviously open to at least considering leaving since he interviewed with OU last season.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of crazy to demote your play caller after one game!...from the outside looking in it sends a bad message to the fans and the team that there is panic from the HC...

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of crazy to demote your play caller after one game!...from the outside looking in it sends a bad message to the fans and the team that there is panic from the HC...
I see it more as being late with the action. It should have happened at the end of last season so that the team could use the offseason to adjust. Honestly, there should be at least a little panic going on what with the team looking like nothing has changed from last year. The fans seem generally in agreement that it was a good move, too, so no worries on that front.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I misunderstood, but I didn't think he was installing a new offense again, just changing the play caller. The offense he supposedly installed is usually pretty good, especially if you don't have a lot of super stars. If you can throw effectively in college, you will win. The problem is that we don't have to have a good QB. I can't blame it all on Swoops because the OL is struggling as well. If you don't have a good OL, I don't care how good you are, if you are a QB or a RB, you are in for a long season. The fact that Swoops isn't that good of a QB, just adds to the problem.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I honestly still think it's a talent problem. We have some good freshman, but they are still just freshman. It's just going to be a long painful ride until we develop what we have and recruit better guys. Period.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday's problem wasn't just calling the wrong plays within the scheme and you know it.
Your retort is not meaningful.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it more as being late with the action. It should have happened at the end of last season so that the team could use the offseason to adjust. Honestly, there should be at least a little panic going on what with the team looking like nothing has changed from last year. The fans seem generally in agreement that it was a good move, too, so no worries on that front.

I would agree...but the change should have happened after last season ended...you go through spring drills, summer program and then make this move after game #1??..looks bad on the HC..