• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offensive and Defensive Player to Watch:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Offensive and Defensive player are you looking to watch this year?

I can't wait to watch Wimbush. Like I said in the past Im from Jersey and have seen him play in high school. This kid will be exciting. There will be up and down moments but overall our Offense should be scary.

On Defense I can't wait to watch Morgan in this Defense. Another Player is Daelin Hayes.

Cant wait for this season. Make or Break season for Kelly. I think Kelly made the right moves this offseason so lets hope it comes together. I would like to see at least a 10-2 season.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Daelin Hayes is as disruptive against other teams as he was in the spring game. I also like to think that if they just let Morgan play he can be really effective.

On offense, of course its Wimbush, but I am really curious as to who will step up to be the dominant receiver instead of a collection of good players.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't wait to see what Jones (TE) does this yr, esp with Wim. The kid looks like an absolute match-up nightmare. IF ND decides to use this kid, could make these WR even better.

As for defense, no one in particular. More interested in them as a group and how this new system will work.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the offense will be good. I'm focused more on the defense. I can't wait to see Hayes and Morgan

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch Josh B off the list. Transferred.....

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense the obvious answer is Wimbush, but I'm going to go with Dexter Williams. I think between Williams and Josh Adams we will have a very effective running attack this year. But I think this is the year that Williams breaks out.
On defense, I think everyone is expecting to see a huge improvement from Dalin Hayes, but I think this will be Tillery's chance to prove he is as good as they said coming out of high school. And I also agree that this is the year Morgan steps it up. (I know I just named 3 on O and 3 on D, so if we are picking one for each, I'll go with Williams and Tillery).

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well cross Tristan Hoge off the list too. He's apparently going to transfer out as well. I'm a little bothered by this loss. Even though he likely wasn't going to get much PT this year, he had a good shot at starting next year and the year after. Oh well, some guys get the itch to play and have to go somewhere else to scratch it.

But this affects our interior line depth a bit and he was a blue chip player.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense the obvious answer is Wimbush, but I'm going to go with Dexter Williams. I think between Williams and Josh Adams we will have a very effective running attack this year. But I think this is the year that Williams breaks out.
On defense, I think everyone is expecting to see a huge improvement from Dalin Hayes, but I think this will be Tillery's chance to prove he is as good as they said coming out of high school. And I also agree that this is the year Morgan steps it up. (I know I just named 3 on O and 3 on D, so if we are picking one for each, I'll go with Williams and Tillery).
They're raving about the other RB too, but I don't know if its real or he's a Junior Jabbie award winner candidate.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well cross Tristan Hoge off the list too. He's apparently going to transfer out as well. I'm a little bothered by this loss. Even though he likely wasn't going to get much PT this year, he had a good shot at starting next year and the year after. Oh well, some guys get the itch to play and have to go somewhere else to scratch it.

But this affects our interior line depth a bit and he was a blue chip player.

I thought I read that Parker B was taking snaps at C early this yr. Maybe the writing was on the wall for Hodge and was getting passed over now? At least he left now and not in a month or so. They can get someone else to start practicing and learning the C calls now.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read that Parker B was taking snaps at C early this yr. Maybe the writing was on the wall for Hodge and was getting passed over now? At least he left now and not in a month or so. They can get someone else to start practicing and learning the C calls now.

Yeah at least they know he's leaving and chances are the coaching staff had an idea this might happen even back in the spring and maybe that's why Parker Boudreaux was getting snaps at C early this year?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah at least they know he's leaving and chances are the coaching staff had an idea this might happen even back in the spring and maybe that's why Parker Boudreaux was getting snaps at C early this year?

But now Boudreaux is leaving. What is going on here.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But now Boudreaux is leaving. What is going on here.

Well from what I have read it was a medical issue. I have heard he had surgery on his Sinus twice and that they think the climate in SB is to blame, IDK....However, I follow him on twitter and his sister has been sick and has been in and out of hospitals the past few yrs. They appear to be a very close family, so this would not shock me at all. He was all about his sisters.

People saying another Diva left, and I don't think that's the case. The kid was all about ND, loved it from the start and was committed early to going. He had 4 yrs left to play for ND and was getting snaps at C....Sucks to see him go, but I actually wish him the best....unlike some others. LOL

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well from what I have read it was a medical issue. I have heard he had surgery on his Sinus twice and that they think the climate in SB is to blame, IDK....However, I follow him on twitter and his sister has been sick and has been in and out of hospitals the past few yrs. They appear to be a very close family, so this would not shock me at all. He was all about his sisters.

People saying another Diva left, and I don't think that's the case. The kid was all about ND, loved it from the start and was committed early to going. He had 4 yrs left to play for ND and was getting snaps at C....Sucks to see him go, but I actually wish him the best....unlike some others. LOL

Thanks for the info. That's too bad about his sister. I thought this kid was going to be a good one. Hopefully things work out well for him. I don't usually get upset about someone transferring out, if they don't like it at ND, leave and make space for someone that wants to be there. I usually wish them well (occasionally one seems like an ass).

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense, I'm obviously interested seeing how Wimbush looks as he takes the reins of the offense. He's certainly got some pieces around him and should be in a position to find success as long as he hold onto the ball.

On defense, I'm hoping to get a full season from Shawn Crawford. He played so well prior to the early injury last season and just seems to be the type of guy who is always around the ball and always seems to make something happen. In less that 5 full quarters last year I think he had an interception and a blocked kick that was returned for 2 pts. I feel like he could be a real difference maker if he can just stay healthy.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daelin Hayes on defense, so excited for this kid to reek havoc.

On offense, aside from Wimbush, I'm interested to see if Chase Claypool breaks out. He has all the tools, big frame, I think he makes a splash this year.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense, I'm obviously interested seeing how Wimbush looks as he takes the reins of the offense. He's certainly got some pieces around him and should be in a position to find success as long as he hold onto the ball.

On defense, I'm hoping to get a full season from Shawn Crawford. He played so well prior to the early injury last season and just seems to be the type of guy who is always around the ball and always seems to make something happen. In less that 5 full quarters last year I think he had an interception and a blocked kick that was returned for 2 pts. I feel like he could be a real difference maker if he can just stay healthy.

They say Crawford looks totally healthy to start practice. I hope they take it easy for the first few weeks.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense, aside from Wimbush, I'm interested to see if Chase Claypool breaks out. He has all the tools, big frame, I think he makes a splash this year.
I guess Chase looked really good today. If he can excel, that could be a solid 1, 2, 3 punch in the starting receivers.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daelin Hayes on defense, so excited for this kid to reek havoc.

I've heard a few things lately about how good Hayes is looking. Coaches seem to think he'll be a real difference maker. We need a great pass rusher.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard a few things lately about how good Hayes is looking. Coaches seem to think he'll be a real difference maker. We need a great pass rusher.
I really hope he, and the rest of the line do well. I think they're capable, and I've heard Elko and Elston feel the same.