• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offense

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly just mention he screwed up with conservative 2nd half.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly said he didn't trust the Oline because of injuries.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. When it's a pattern in the 2nd half that falls on coaching. They are talking about how chip Kelly called only like 10 plays in the 2nd half. Jets knew what they were calling because he doesn't Change it up

it seemed this way from early in the season, particularly in the run game. even a couch potato like me was seeing it?!

it reminds us of last year, when the 49ers D could sense what the Eagles were going to do.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-line situation (much like many other scenarios) is somewhat comparable to last year. It took 3 months to figure out that Brown and Tiller were better than Pears and Devey last year. Tiller loses his job this year for??? To get the rookie in there? To get the FA in there? I don't care about draft status or league credibility....Tiller has shown more in his limited time and he's relegated to backup status? I'd like to see more of Balducci, as I doubt he can be any worse that Martin.

Same thing with the secondary. The play of Reid and Brock has declined and Bethea is pretty much finished. I want to see more of Rashard Robinson, who plays very little in comparison. Whatever happened to Dontae Johnson? At least put in some younger guys to see if they can be a part of the future.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Grant Cohn: 49ers start fast then run out of gas — here’s why

The fatigue angle i'm not sure about, they haven't really ran the offense uptempo.

But there is a paragraph describing how the offense is too simple. i'll agree with that, Kelly's offense seems too simple and without 'counters' . Granted, he doesn't have the QB to run the passing offense consistently,but still.

i recall reading he likes less plays but execute those plays WELL. Maybe this is why the run game looks so basic?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers notes: Trent Brown rare glimmer in gloomy season

Yep, Trent Brown was a huge pick, literally and figuratively. This is the type of late pick that can make a good draft great. In this case, not just a starter but seems like he can handle LT one day?

The odds of 7th rounders becoming starters are LONG, so this is an exaggerated example. But you guys know what i mean. :-)