• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offense and all the options

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to happen with this HC. Maybe if Doc were strolling the sidelines...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc's offense outscored our 3 of the last 5 years AND he has a defense that can stop someone....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Doc were on the sidelines we would have a complete team, not just an offense.

How the fuck would you know? Doc competes in CUSA... right? Are they as good a conference as the Sun Belt these days?

Looking up some NCAA stats to put things into a little perspective...

Marshall's defense went up against three teams ranked in the top 25 in total offense. The best offense they faced all season last year was #9 WKU who properly laid 546 yds and 49 pts on their ass.

Marshall faced 6 offenses ranked #80 or worse... includes #95 Purdue, #126 Kent St., #117 North Texas, #106 FIU.

What's really telling is that unlike the Big 12 which had 6 teams ranked in the top 25 for total offense, CUSA schools were generally pathetic on defense too. Bad offenses and bad defenses.

At least one can understand why the Big 12 has some bottom dwellers on defense when looking at the strength of the league.

What is the strength of CUSA? LOL at anyone trying to promote bullshit from a Terd perspective....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL some of these post keep getting better and better.....hey some coach in Div III outscored ours as well, maybe we should go after that guy. Funny that a guy who has won 30 over the last 3 years isn;t getting his door knocked down with opportunities except by a bunch of armchairs...lol

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the blood is already boiling between the Hatfields and McCoys and they haven't even kicked off the first game yet!!:lol:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck would you know? Doc competes in CUSA... right? Are they as good a conference as the Sun Belt these days?

Looking up some NCAA stats to put things into a little perspective...

Marshall's defense went up against three teams ranked in the top 25 in total offense. The best offense they faced all season last year was #9 WKU who properly laid 546 yds and 49 pts on their ass.

Marshall faced 6 offenses ranked #80 or worse... includes #95 Purdue, #126 Kent St., #117 North Texas, #106 FIU.

What's really telling is that unlike the Big 12 which had 6 teams ranked in the top 25 for total offense, CUSA schools were generally pathetic on defense too. Bad offenses and bad defenses.

At least one can understand why the Big 12 has some bottom dwellers on defense when looking at the strength of the league.

What is the strength of CUSA? LOL at anyone trying to promote bullshit from a Terd perspective....
Blah blah blah, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, and Gary Pinkel cut their teeth as a HC in the MAC (another lower level conference) and they couldn't cut it at the P5 level either huh?
Some of y'all need to get over your Marshall inferiority complex, if we wind up in need of a new coach it feels good knowing we have one ready to go that is a good fit for WVU in state, just down the interstate.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc's offense outscored our 3 of the last 5 years AND he has a defense that can stop someone....

Dad...I really can't wrap my mind around you sincerely thinking that ANY of Marshalls offensive stats vs CUSA competition can be compared to WVU's vs the Big XII. Honestly...Do you really think that the competition level is that close between the two conferences? Do you think that Doc's offense would still outscore ours if they were in the Big XII?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad...I really can't wrap my mind around you sincerely thinking that ANY of Marshalls offensive stats vs CUSA competition can be compared to WVU's vs the Big XII. Honestly...Do you really think that the competition level is that close between the two conferences? Do you think that Doc's offense would still outscore ours if they were in the Big XII?
Each team is playing competition on par with the level of their own team. Doc is coaching less talent against those less talented teams, give him the WVU talent and he would do better than Holgorsen. IF Doc had the WVU talent, he would not only score more than Holgorsen, but would have a decent defense so the offense wasnt forced to try and score on every play.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, and Gary Pinkel cut their teeth as a HC in the MAC (another lower level conference) and they couldn't cut it at the P5 level either huh?
Some of y'all need to get over your Marshall inferiority complex, if we wind up in need of a new coach it feels good knowing we have one ready to go that is a good fit for WVU in state, just down the interstate.

Not really good analogies but you make your point....Saban spent a total of 1 year at Toledo before becoming a DC with the Browns...Meyer spent all of 2 years at Bowling Green...Pinkel was your best example...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is DH's record head to head with Doc...I mean if he is the better coach running a better program he must have beaten the pants off of DH....what is that record again?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skylar Howard .........no accountability....his team should be concerned by remarks like these...

“I get to sit back there and get the ball to our playmakers,” he said. “I don't have to get the ball out of my hands right now like some of the games last year, just catch and release. It allows me to sit back there and pinpoint my target and put it on (the receiver).”

Offensive Line thrown DIRECTLY under the bus...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they would agree with him since we had to use 7 blockers sometimes lol

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skylar Howard .........no accountability....his team should be concerned by remarks like these...

“I get to sit back there and get the ball to our playmakers,” he said. “I don't have to get the ball out of my hands right now like some of the games last year, just catch and release. It allows me to sit back there and pinpoint my target and put it on (the receiver).”

When you watch the film, very true. Not as much throwing last years OL under the bus as praising this years LOL.

Some people are overly sensitive

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL!

They were directly responsible for Skyler getting his bell rung against OU. They were so bad in pass pro that game, Dana's offense morphed into a combo of Nehlen/Rodriguez for the rest of the season.

The OL and Skyler are tight...