• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? Countries are not a race.

Look at the crime rate differences in Canada and Mexico.

It isn’t about color. Get over the color thing and be a little more realistic. Mexico...high crime rate and drug issues could have nothing to do with it right? I am just saying.

Most people from Africa are black, most people from Mexico are NOT white. I will admit, the US has made an art form of explaining away policies based on race. Itsa actually rather elegant. Sorry if Im not buying into the scare tactic that all illegals are drug dealers and rapists. I mean after all it wouldnt serve the party line to say that these are people trying to do exactly what the founding fathers of this country did, and go some place where they could have a better life.... well minus the attempted genocide aspect that is.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever think places like the Middle East would be a tad less pissed off with us if we didnt make it a point to try and tell them how they should run their respective countries? And when you have a country that was built on racism, elect a president who feeds into it.... what else do you expect??

Maybe the Middle East should stop trying to destroy Israel. Maybe they should not be brutal dictatorships.
uS was not built on racism. You are trying to change history. There is a difference in racism and slavery. See what Thomas Sowell has to say on slavery.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump Unveils Legislation Limiting Legal Immigration

Forgive me if I see a President who is pandering to a crowd that feels if you are not white you are not welcome. Sorry if it bothers me more that we are willing to import food more than we are willing to import people. And that we are great with exporting jobs, yet have the sack to complain about unemployment rates.
that crowd you refer to is less then 1% of the entire US population . they cant get anyone elected

and yes limiting it isnt racist either . why do we have to be the great savior of the poor ? we have a UN dont we ? what about Canada ? the EU ? , why solely us ?

and what the hell with the lottery ? i want that gone too . people should come here on merit and perhaps some cases of asylum .
we are 20 trillion in debt , sooner or later tough choices have to be made and american citizens need to be taken care of first

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Middle East should stop trying to destroy Israel. Maybe they should not be brutal dictatorships.
uS was not built on racism. You are trying to change history. There is a difference in racism and slavery. See what Thomas Sowell has to say on slavery.

Israel didnt exist as a country until the US decreed it so, thus taking a portion of Palestine and giving it to the jews who then became Israelies. Slavery in America was based off of racism. Ah yes, I forget, racism requires one to be thought of as human. As you so graciously reminded me, black people were just property. I stand corrected.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Israel didnt exist as a country until the US decreed it so, thus taking a portion of Palestine and giving it to the jews who then became Israelies. Slavery in America was based off of racism. Ah yes, I forget, racism requires one to be thought of as human. As you so graciously reminded me, black people were just property. I stand corrected.

the UN decreed it so not the US

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump Unveils Legislation Limiting Legal Immigration

Forgive me if I see a President who is pandering to a crowd that feels if you are not white you are not welcome. Sorry if it bothers me more that we are willing to import food more than we are willing to import people. And that we are great with exporting jobs, yet have the sack to complain about unemployment rates.

We export jobs because of cheap foreign labor. That is why we need to redo our foreign business deals. We don’t need more people...we can bring in food.

What is the purpose of immigration? Answer that simple question.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We export jobs because of cheap foreign labor. That is why we need to redo our foreign business deals. We don’t need more people...we can bring in food.

What is the purpose of immigration? Answer that simple question.

To create a better life for ones self and their family. Otherwise why move from one city to another, or for that matter from one house to another.

So now I got one for you. Most Trump Supporters are hard up for Make America Great again. When exactly did America stop being great, and what cause it in your opinion??

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark i didnt go to the site issue but ebb's sites have a liberal agenda as does factcheck.org financed by george soros

ms-13 are illegals , there are numerous cases of illegals committing violent crimes such as the ones listed above . now are all illegals like that ? no , but any crime committed by an illegal such as ID theft . r*pe murder underage sex , sex trafficking , accidental death , manslaughter etc is preventable because they should not be here

and how many times do i have to hear about this vast majority of people who support conservative thought are some how wing nuts ? how many times do i have to hear about all conservatives are white supremacist ?

and please explain to me why providing education, health care , housing etc shouldnt apply to daca people ? by all rights they shouldnt be here either . that doesnt mean i hold them responsible for their plight but to say they shouldnt count is foolish in my eyes

Ill agree pulling the thats a bs source card is frustrating but i dont know what to tell you man. The source you posted is incredibly flawed.

Bloomberg and the national academies source are both very credible sources. Im not sure what else to tell you.

As for crimes by illegal immigrants. Totally agree its a tragedy and something thats avoidable and that we should work to avoid. But thats true of ALL crime and illegal immigrants actually commit crime at a lower rate than native born citizens.

Im certainly not telling you all conservatives are wing nuts or white supremacists. Thats a ridiculous argument. Unfortunately there are some who would make that argument but nobody here is. I certainly don't think you're a crazy white supremacist or anything and have never claimed that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The US was the prime motivator in that action, Truman to be precise.
and we had 2 countries on that council who would oppose any US action if they wanted to and no amount of influence would have changed them at that time

being a prime motivator isnt the same as dictating it

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these sources will have bias.

Thats true. But it doesnt mean that we cant assess sources credibility. Bias does not automatically mean its non credible but some sources ARE non credible.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pointed you to the serious flaws with that link
and i addressed that flaw , and showed the flaws in yours . and i didnt initially go after your sources knowing who and where they came from .

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a partial quote without context.

The quote was made after the San Bernardino incident and to complete the quote...until our representatives figure out what is going on. It would have been temporary. When the actual information came out, it was limited to seven countries. These were the same countries put forth by the Obama administration.

Throw whatever qualifiers you need to on there. He said what he said. The qualifiers dont justify that.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have because there would be no basis for banning Christians. Terrorism isn’t coming from Christian nations.

Should we welcome Satanists and demon worshippers into this country? How about those who believe in cannabilism and head shrinking? Now, I am not trying to equate Islam to Satanists, but where do we draw the line and why is the line drawn there? Have you actually investigated Islam?

I will defend a person’s right to make statements and then explain them...which he did when he limited the legislation to seven countries. Context matters.

Considering the vast vast majority of muslims and Muslim immigrants have no ties to terrorism it's quite similar.

You can defend it all you want. The man wanted/wants to keep an entire religious group out of the country because he is at best reactionary and at worst a bigot.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the vast vast majority of muslims and Muslim immigrants have no ties to terrorism it's quite similar.

You can defend it all you want. The man wanted/wants to keep an entire religious group out of the country because he is at best reactionary and at worst a bigot.

Its ok to name an entire religion as terrorists. But point out racist hate groups in this country, and its minimized.

1. Fact: There are only about a total estimated 100,000 militant extremist Muslims in the world. That is less than 0.01% of the global Muslim population of 1.7 billion people. “The vast majority of the estimated 85,000 to 106,000 militants fighting with militant jihadist groups around the world are fighting for purely local reasons, for instance, trying to install Sharia law in northern Nigeria or trying to impose Taliban rule on Pakistan and Afghanistan, while only a small number of these militants are focused on attacking the West.”
Source: P. Bergen, National Security Analyst and E. Schneider, Research Associate: Jihadist threat not as big as you think (Opinion) - CNN.com

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The source of the first article was not businessmen and financial experts. It was put forth by a liberal think tank.

Little or no...there was an effect. It also says long term but what of the short term?

In what way is it benefitting the low skilled workers and at the same time we complain about a wealth gap?

More people is more spending. It doesn’t mean more money in individual pockets. It does mean more money going to businessmen that are being painted as villains.

It makes perfect sense. If you have a higher supply of people vying for a job, that’s job will pay less because the supply will be high.

Bloomberg is one of the most biased sources of information out there.

How Many Illegal Immigrants Are in the US? | FAIRus.org
Most estimates are based off self reporting. Tell me something...would you admit to anybody you are breaking the law?

Of course you extrapolate for them because if it wasn’t for their parents breaking the law, then they wouldn’t be citizens. I am not saying you don’t count them as non-citizens now but I do believe we should change the law to stop future illegal immigration. As for them being more positive than natural citizens, I would say those numbers do not include children of illegals because they are less likely to be educated out of fear of parental immigration status.

How was that a liberal think tank? Its a very credible source from what i can tell.

It states short term impacts are small at worst. Long term growth. A good thing.

A wealth gap isnt a big problem if everybody is getting richer which is what long term growth would do.

And business doing better is a good thing. Im sure you believe this.

If you have more people you also have higher labor demand. Supply and demand is a bit too simplistic to accurately describe the labor market (though obviously in a vacuum you can take some concepts from it).

On what basis is bloomberg one of the most biased sources available? Its center to center left and considered very credible. Significantly more credible than the only source put forth by you or skinsdad so far.

Again. FAIR is not a reliable source. Most estimates seem to be around 11 million and im sure do theyre best to handle underreporting. That isnt a rare statistical problem.

Count the kids however you want. But they're positive american citizens so including them only hurts your argument.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To create a better life for ones self and their family. Otherwise why move from one city to another, or for that matter from one house to another.

So now I got one for you. Most Trump Supporters are hard up for Make America Great again. When exactly did America stop being great, and what cause it in your opinion??

That is the purpose of immigrating. I am talking immigration. Why do we need immigrants?

Over the last twenty years.

Status
Not open for further replies.