• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony of the media attacking actual troops for supporting their Commander in Chief, but having no problem with 95% of their colleagues donating to Hillary while pretending to be unbiased is why no one trusts the media.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From DHS: There are nearly 2,100 illegal entries a day at our southern border. Last year alone, 17,000 criminals were apprehended at the border, and DHS prevented 3,755 known or suspected terrorists from traveling to or entering the United States.

Doctored stats a little. According to some members of our society, any one who tries to enter at any place other than a port of entry is automatically a criminal and illegal entry. Even IF they follow the law and present themselves to a border patrol officer and request asylum.

Aside from six people, most of those suspected terrorists were caught a airport ports of entry and not the southern border.

Fact is... walls have one of two purposes.

1. To keep people or things from getting out
2. To keep people or things from getting in.

Now I dont know about you, but to me a 30 foot wall says you are not welcome and we dont want you here in most instances. The fact that we NEED a wall on the southern border, and to limit immigration from "Shithole" countries, while practically begging for immigrants from places like Norway would tell any logical person that its not about safety, drugs or human trafficking.

Carry on.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctored stats a little. According to some members of our society, any one who tries to enter at any place other than a port of entry is automatically a criminal and illegal entry. Even IF they follow the law and present themselves to a border patrol officer and request asylum.

Aside from six people, most of those suspected terrorists were caught a airport ports of entry and not the southern border.

Fact is... walls have one of two purposes.

1. To keep people or things from getting out
2. To keep people or things from getting in.

Now I dont know about you, but to me a 30 foot wall says you are not welcome and we dont want you here in most instances. The fact that we NEED a wall on the southern border, and to limit immigration from "Shithole" countries, while practically begging for immigrants from places like Norway would tell any logical person that its not about safety, drugs or human trafficking.

Carry on.
I guess that is one way to look at it. But I don't see it that way. to me, a 30 foot wall doesn't say you aren't wanted or welcome, but it does say use the front door and introduce yourself if you are interested in visiting. Of course, I'm not sold that a wall is the best means of border security in the first place.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From DHS: There are nearly 2,100 illegal entries a day at our southern border. Last year alone, 17,000 criminals were apprehended at the border, and DHS prevented 3,755 known or suspected terrorists from traveling to or entering the United States.
That 3755 number of terrorists caught was nationwide, I believe. I think the number coming across our southwest border was something like 6. The vast majority were apprehended coming in from Canada.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 3755 number of terrorists caught was nationwide, I believe. I think the number coming across our southwest border was something like 6. The vast majority were apprehended coming in from Canada.

It was worldwide and almost all at airports and such.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that is one way to look at it. But I don't see it that way. to me, a 30 foot wall doesn't say you aren't wanted or welcome, but it does say use the front door and introduce yourself if you are interested in visiting. Of course, I'm not sold that a wall is the best means of border security in the first place.

I agree with you about the wall being unnecessary, but let me ask this, what happens to all of the "visitors" who attempt to come in by knocking on the door, introducing themselves and are summarily turned away? I don't believe that they are going to just tuck tail and go back home.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you about the wall being unnecessary, but let me ask this, what happens to all of the "visitors" who attempt to come in by knocking on the door, introducing themselves and are summarily turned away? I don't believe that they are going to just tuck tail and go back home.
Maybe, maybe not. I say this tongue in cheek somewhat, but my concern is not for those trying to get in. My concern is for the Citizens of this country and the laws that we have to protect those citizens. Don't want to be separated from your kids? Don't try and bring them across the border illegally. Its that simple. Just as if they were here with their families (already made it) and broke the law, they will be arrested and separated from their family. We need to stop demonizing those that are carrying out the laws of this country. They are doing what they are supposed to do. If the laws are bad, hold your congressmen/women accountable to modify them.

While I question the need for a wall, I have no questions for the need for border security and the goal of identifying all who come across our border. That is just common sense which no one in Washington is using right now. They, both sides, are playing political games with the shutdown. That is all this is.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way gang, there's a real novel way to drastically reduce the number of "illegals" who are already here and are attempting to come in. U.S. minimum wage is currently $7.25 per hour, that factors out to $15,080 per year. Add that, or the greater of U.S. minimum wage vs state minimum per annum to an additional $50,000 fine per individual to those businesses that are using "illegal" labor. Strictly enforce instead of building that monument to stupidity, then watch this underground practice dry up, the incentive to hire them dissipate, and protests from coast to coast grip the nation.

(Unfortunately, the cost of produce and other formerly low wage productions will skyrocket as a result.)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for legal immigration . I cant see why anyone wants illegal immigration

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for legal immigration . I cant see why anyone wants illegal immigration

The best way to foster legal immigration is to get rid of things like trying to limit it based on where you come from or how one prays to God (if one believes in that sort of thing). You want to stop people from supporting illegal immigration? As Sty stated, enact a federal minimum wage, require all companies to report all individuals working for them. Get rid of the incentive for people to work under the table. If people are required to register and pay taxes, we know who is here. And if some one who came into the country commits a real crime, deal wit them appropriately. Right now we foster a mentality that anyone coming from the South of the Border, or any of the "Shithole" countries, is likely here to do us some sort of harm. If I walked around saying every white man has the potential to be the next Hitler or Jeffery Dahmer, I would be immediately branded racist against Whites. Yet it has become totally acceptable to push the line that every Latino male is a potential MS-13 member, and ALL Muslims are potentially members of ISIS.....

BUt somehow that is ok.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best way to foster legal immigration is to get rid of things like trying to limit it based on where you come from or how one prays to God (if one believes in that sort of thing). You want to stop people from supporting illegal immigration? As Sty stated, enact a federal minimum wage, require all companies to report all individuals working for them. Get rid of the incentive for people to work under the table. If people are required to register and pay taxes, we know who is here. And if some one who came into the country commits a real crime, deal wit them appropriately. Right now we foster a mentality that anyone coming from the South of the Border, or any of the "Shithole" countries, is likely here to do us some sort of harm. If I walked around saying every white man has the potential to be the next Hitler or Jeffery Dahmer, I would be immediately branded racist against Whites. Yet it has become totally acceptable to push the line that every Latino male is a potential MS-13 member, and ALL Muslims are potentially members of ISIS.....

BUt somehow that is ok.
Ok to whom? I know no one that this would be ok.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok to whom? I know no one that this would be ok.

The Leader of our government pushes these narratives, and he has millions of followers that buy into it.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Trump and his administration are working to limit legal immigration.

2. Nobody WANTS illegal immigration. We just recognize it is not destroying the country as Trump claims.

Our emphasis should be on bringing MORE people to the US and processing them as quickly and safely as possible.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The president
The Leader of our government pushes these narratives, and he has millions of followers that buy into it.
Do you really think that his motivation is racial or religious based? I don’t. This is all about votes. And was that pelosi’s or Schumer’s or Clinton ‘s or even Obama’s motivation when they openly supported the building of a wall just a few short years ago? How come they got a pass?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think that his motivation is racial or religious based? I don’t. This is all about votes. And was that pelosi’s or Schumer’s or Clinton ‘s or even Obama’s motivation when they openly supported the building of a wall just a few short years ago? How come they got a pass?

I think his motivation comes from a nice blend of stupidity, ignorance, arrogance, and racism. I think Trump is pretty clearly racist. Is he knowingly racist? I doubt it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obama never favored a Wall from coast to coast. Its a BS spin

Mulvaney said that Obama, Schumer and Clinton voted for a border wall in 2006.

They did vote for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized building a fence along about 700 miles of the border between the United States and Mexico.

Still, the fence they voted for is not as substantial as the wall Trump is proposing. Trump himself called the 2006 fence a "nothing wall."

Mulvaney’s statement is partially accurate, but ignores important context. We rate it Half True.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obama never favored a Wall from coast to coast. Its a BS spin

Mulvaney said that Obama, Schumer and Clinton voted for a border wall in 2006.

They did vote for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized building a fence along about 700 miles of the border between the United States and Mexico.

Still, the fence they voted for is not as substantial as the wall Trump is proposing. Trump himself called the 2006 fence a "nothing wall."

Mulvaney’s statement is partially accurate, but ignores important context. We rate it Half True.
I have no idea what Mulvaney said nor do I care. But I heard myself all of them claim a wall was needed. All of them. You can’t have it both ways, shark. The fact of the matter is that at the time they all vowed support for a wall, it was the politically prudent thing to do. Now it’s not. So are they hypocrites or just more concerned with their political viability than supporting those desiring access to the Country because of their race?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what Mulvaney said nor do I care. But I heard myself all of them claim a wall was needed. All of them. You can’t have it both ways, shark. The fact of the matter is that at the time they all vowed support for a wall, it was the politically prudent thing to do. Now it’s not. So are they hypocrites or just more concerned with their political viability than supporting those desiring access to the Country because of their race?

They all voted for secure fences in places where it was needed and prudent. None were in favor of a 30 foot wall from coast to coast. And until Trump went on his Mexican are rapists rant, I was in favor of a wall/fence in places where it was logical. He made it about race, and pedals in it... so Im fine if not a single inch of new fencing goes up until he and the Steve Kings of the world are voted out of office. Because i dont trust where they would take this.

Status
Not open for further replies.