• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexican citizens are upset about lack of respect for borders. According to NBC News, some want their President to be like Trump.

Elvia Vijeras said “[Trump] is defending his border, unlike our President. Now there will be more violence in Tijuana.”

Guess the Mexican govt is racist too because the people want their border respected too

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexican citizens are upset about lack of respect for borders. According to NBC News, some want their President to be like Trump.

Elvia Vijeras said “[Trump] is defending his border, unlike our President. Now there will be more violence in Tijuana.”

Guess the Mexican govt is racist too because the people want their border respected too
Why in the world would there be more violence? They are all just mothers and children. At least that is what I saw on the news.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again what does that have to do with race ? Nothing Change the laws to take away the waiting but come here legally all races come here illegally

All races are not being jailed, or having their kids put in internment camps. All races are not having KIDS sit in a courtroom and being told.. well if you sign away your claim for asylum, we can give you back to your mommy.. provided she does the same.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All races are not being jailed, or having their kids put in internment camps. All races are not having KIDS sit in a courtroom and being told.. well if you sign away your claim for asylum, we can give you back to your mommy.. provided she does the same.
oh come on

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh come on

What.. did I miss the 5 year old Russian being instructed by a judge to sign a permanent deportation order?? IF I did, please show me where the info on that one is??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What.. did I miss the 5 year old Russian being instructed by a judge to sign a permanent deportation order?? IF I did, please show me where the info on that one is??

now we wouldnt know now would we? because our mainstream media wouldnt mention it because it doesnt fit the narrative

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now we wouldnt know now would we? because our mainstream media wouldnt mention it because it doesnt fit the narrative

The Orange Toadstool would make a point of having it shown on Fox though so they could say.. see its not about race.. we abused a little white kid too. He is an equal opportunity asshat.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, I have the utmost respect for you. And you have presented some facts here that have been illuminating. But to answer your question above, the short answer is yes, all races are. I have first hand experience. I own a few rental properties. About 8 years ago I rented one to a Serbian couple who were married. They were here on an educational visa. After a few years, they told me they were on track to US citizenship. They were working, paying taxes and great tenants. They had a daughter. When she was about a year old, the woman's mother came to visit. While she was here, INS caught up with them. In 48 hours they were back in Serbia. Without their daughter. Fortunately her grandmother was still here and her visa was good. But there was complete confusion on what to do with the daughter. She was technically a US citizen but not (yet) Serbian. It took 30 days for them to allow her into Serbia (apparently serbia has border laws. Who would figure?). The details are crazy, but this happened to a caucasian couple with a child who were here illegally and were separated from their child for over a month. The kicker? It happened when Obama was still president. So this recent "outrage" over Trump's policies really falls on deaf ears with me. His policies are really no different that his predecessor (and Obama's no different than his predecessor). I get your experiences are different than mine so we naturally see things from different sides (as does everybody, race immaterial). But not everything is race driven.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. How about instead of the outrage of the President and law enforcement enforcing the laws on the books, no matter how they got there, how about outrage at Congress for not doing their jobs and changing those laws if in fact they are targeting just one sect of illegal immigration? These grandstanding politicians that want to bitch about the enforcement of active LAWS need to be held accountable. Place the blame on them for not doing what they can to enact better legislation.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, I have the utmost respect for you. And you have presented some facts here that have been illuminating. But to answer your question above, the short answer is yes, all races are. I have first hand experience. I own a few rental properties. About 8 years ago I rented one to a Serbian couple who were married. They were here on an educational visa. After a few years, they told me they were on track to US citizenship. They were working, paying taxes and great tenants. They had a daughter. When she was about a year old, the woman's mother came to visit. While she was here, INS caught up with them. In 48 hours they were back in Serbia. Without their daughter. Fortunately her grandmother was still here and her visa was good. But there was complete confusion on what to do with the daughter. She was technically a US citizen but not (yet) Serbian. It took 30 days for them to allow her into Serbia (apparently serbia has border laws. Who would figure?). The details are crazy, but this happened to a caucasian couple with a child who were here illegally and were separated from their child for over a month. The kicker? It happened when Obama was still president. So this recent "outrage" over Trump's policies really falls on deaf ears with me. His policies are really no different that his predecessor (and Obama's no different than his predecessor). I get your experiences are different than mine so we naturally see things from different sides (as does everybody, race immaterial). But not everything is race driven.

J_y I will simply say it like this. The US has become particularly adept at making things like this politically correct. IM sure it does happen to non brown people. But at the moment there are 14000 kids in internment camps, most if not all are of non white heritage. I never said this didnt happen under Obama. BUt to be quit honest, under Obama it was something that happened out of following a law that I dont think the President really wanted to follow but had to.

Under Trump it has become the President and his staff abusing a law because yes I do think they get some sort of pleasure or vindication out of upholding this law as much as they possibly can.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J_y I will simply say it like this. The US has become particularly adept at making things like this politically correct. IM sure it does happen to non brown people. But at the moment there are 14000 kids in internment camps, most if not all are of non white heritage. I never said this didnt happen under Obama. BUt to be quit honest, under Obama it was something that happened out of following a law that I dont think the President really wanted to follow but had to.

Under Trump it has become the President and his staff abusing a law because yes I do think they get some sort of pleasure or vindication out of upholding this law as much as they possibly can.
Wow. That's all I got.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That's all I got.

Well when I have shown multiple times that the laws we are using were based on race more than any other factor, and that all they have really done is switch one undesirable group (south eastern Europe, and Italian) for the new undesired group...

Exactly what were you expecting?? Me to have this aah haa moment where i realize that its not in fact about race, and that its really all about protecting a culture that i think needs to actually be readjusted any way??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when I have shown multiple times that the laws we are using were based on race more than any other factor, and that all they have really done is switch one undesirable group (south eastern Europe, and Italian) for the new undesired group...

Exactly what were you expecting?? Me to have this aah haa moment where i realize that its not in fact about race, and that its really all about protecting a culture that i think needs to actually be readjusted any way??
Actually, that's not the reason for my wow. Its your pass of Obama. He had an opportunity for change on this his first 2 years. Why didn't he? Listen, I can understand why there is such hate for Trump. He is a hateful person. But the complete pass on Obama when there is so much he could have done that he didn't just, well, wows me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really doesnt matter wgat Trump does or what his predecessors did . its about trump hate

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, that's not the reason for my wow. Its your pass of Obama. He had an opportunity for change on this his first 2 years. Why didn't he? Listen, I can understand why there is such hate for Trump. He is a hateful person. But the complete pass on Obama when there is so much he could have done that he didn't just, well, wows me.

He had two years to fix what no President has been able to fix in 50+ years. He got the healthcare bill passed.. which most conservatives think was bad. Imagine had he gotten rid of the law that makes illegal entry a crime, they fought him tooth and nail on the DACA kids, and he had Mitch McConnell openly defying him and trying to get him out of office from the day he went in. I dont give him a pass. I do realize that he didnt intentionally try and make it worse and play with peoples lives and Sanity to try ands some how get a win on a political promise.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had two years to fix what no President has been able to fix in 50+ years. He got the healthcare bill passed.. which most conservatives think was bad. Imagine had he gotten rid of the law that makes illegal entry a crime, they fought him tooth and nail on the DACA kids, and he had Mitch McConnell openly defying him and trying to get him out of office from the day he went in. I dont give him a pass. I do realize that he didnt intentionally try and make it worse and play with peoples lives and Sanity to try ands some how get a win on a political promise.
Apparently no other president wanted to fix it. He should have, wouldn't you think?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently no other president wanted to fix it. He should have, wouldn't you think?

Some how I think what you would consider a reasonable fix, and what i would consider a reasonable fix.. are polar opposites.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some how I think what you would consider a reasonable fix, and what i would consider a reasonable fix.. are polar opposites.
Doubtful, but that's not my issue. My issue is what did Obama think was a reasonable fix and why didn't he address it?
I've never once commented on my opinion on policy, only the hypocrisy of who we hold accountable and how. I'm sick of seeing our government being run, on both sides, by hypocrites and liars and a media that has abdicated their responsibility of shining the truth on the entire issue.

I am no fan of Trump. I've stated that many times. I would not vote for him in any re-election. He is not the leader I want representing me. But if we are going to blame him for enforcement of current laws, then we need to bash his predecessors also. Otherwise the bashing is driven by politics and not policy.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful, but that's not my issue. My issue is what did Obama think was a reasonable fix and why didn't he address it?
I've never once commented on my opinion on policy, only the hypocrisy of who we hold accountable and how. I'm sick of seeing our government being run, on both sides, by hypocrites and liars and a media that has abdicated their responsibility of shining the truth on the entire issue.

I am no fan of Trump. I've stated that many times. I would not vote for him in any re-election. He is not the leader I want representing me. But if we are going to blame him for enforcement of current laws, then we need to bash his predecessors also. Otherwise the bashing is driven by politics and not policy.

YOu asking my opinion?? Getting Americans covered for health care was more important than immigration in his opinion. And I tend to agree with him actually. Every few generations Americans (well some of us) freak out over a perceived cultural shift. Until the mid 60's no one really worried about the Mexican border. We spend more money trying to STOP people from coming here than it would cost to process them, allow them to work and deal with the demographic shift that might result.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOu asking my opinion?? Getting Americans covered for health care was more important than immigration in his opinion. And I tend to agree with him actually. Every few generations Americans (well some of us) freak out over a perceived cultural shift. Until the mid 60's no one really worried about the Mexican border. We spend more money trying to STOP people from coming here than it would cost to process them, allow them to work and deal with the demographic shift that might result.
SO are you a proponent of complete open borders?

Status
Not open for further replies.