• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, it is not humanly possible to ever end racism as a whole. There will always be white people that hate blacks. There will always be black people that hate whites.... it's just the way it is... and yes, black people can be racist too. It's just never noted because blacks have a free pass to hate on whites for the inhuman crimes that dealt with slavery and civil rights violations... even so very long ago. I understand the hostilities still felt today because it's a degrading thing, owning someone, but until blacks can forget this period of time and end the hostility of past injustices of our white ancestor's we can never move past it as a people. On the flip...let's talk about the N word. Don't expect me to forget this word when I hear blacks using it daily. I mean,, what am I missing here? If it's so hateful then why is it used daily as a form of greeting among black men. My logical mind can't grasp the sense of that. Someone explain. Now even though I never use, because to be honest, it would embarrass me to actually say it to a black man.. let alone to get my ass kicked.. correction,, say it to another man,,, and actually,, it would never even cross my mind to use it. I mean I understand the connotations of it's origin so why use it and keep it alive. Webster adds new words all the time.. this word never gets taking out... why? Just don't expect the word to be forgotten if we hear daily is all Im saying. These two things are the root of racism. Both races are responsible for keeping racism alive and kicking.

Ill sum it up... racism and prejudices will never be a thing of the past because being human beings it simple won't allow us. Since the dawn of man we have fought with people who are different than us. Fought with people who have different ideas and different direction. Human nature will never change. However, we can learn to be civil towards each other. Respect each other... and frankly,, love each other as a people, and I think for the most part we actually do that already, but until those virtues are felt universally racism will continue to rear it's ugly head. Is it possible,,, Perhaps one day, but erasing history only serves to erase our past mistakes. This is why I think removing reminders is a dangerous thing. As a white man I don't look upon a statue of Robert.E.Lee or anything relating to civil war and think,, man, what a great time that must have been,, I look upon it and think,, damn,, how could man once even think that way.,,, but if it's not there our children's children will never know... will never feel those feelings.

But hey,, what do I know.

Its odd that you totally ignored what i said and went straight to the racism will never end and we just have to accept each other.

Fact... if there is no distinction between black, white, Hispanic, Chinese, Indian or what ever other flavor because we have all blended into one race... how can there be racism at that point?? Sure there will still be issues over class, religion (because my imaginary friend doesnt like your imaginary friend), but racism.. simply wouldnt be a thing at that point.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct!! because the tax cuts for those above a certain wealth bracket become permanent.

Correction, It's not possible because the tax cuts for the upper income bracket become permanent. If they wanted you to have these short term gains over a long period of time they would have made them permanent as well. Someone has to pay for the permanent gains of the more affluent.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its odd that you totally ignored what i said and went straight to the racism will never end and we just have to accept each other.

Fact... if there is no distinction between black, white, Hispanic, Chinese, Indian or what ever other flavor because we have all blended into one race... how can there be racism at that point?? Sure there will still be issues over class, religion (because my imaginary friend doesnt like your imaginary friend), but racism.. simply wouldnt be a thing at that point.
Question: how will all races be blended as one? Let me pull a hillary here.. you mean like in a blender or something. With all respect Shark,, as long as skin color is different will stay unblended... simply because.. different is different. Equality is what were after. Is what the great MLK was after. However..My question was never answered.. why if the N word is so offensive to blacks it’s used daily in the black community as a form of greeting. Simple question.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: how will all races be blended as one? Let me pull a hillary here.. you mean like in a blender or something. With all respect Shark,, as long as skin color is different will stay unblended... simply because.. different is different. Equality is what were after. Is what the great MLK was after. However..My question was never answered.. why if the N word is so offensive to blacks it’s used daily in the black community as a form of greeting. Simple question.

Again simple answer.

TO the first part and blended. The number of inter-racial marriages, and more to the point inter-racial BIRTHS is climbing. As this becomes more accepted and more prevalent, racism will likely die off naturally. Because its just not logical to marry a (pick your race) and then harbor hate for said race. Sure you will for a few more generations have those folks who feel its WRONG to marry outside your race. BUt eventually unless this kind of thinking is forcefully kept alive, natural selection will kill racism at least in this country.

As for the N word thing.... these days its not about the word, its about who uses it and how. Vary rarely do you hear a white person use that word and it is NOT intended as a slur in most instances. Inside the black community, it can and has been used as a slur. I dont just walk up to a black person I have never met and greet him with whutup mah nega.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct!! because the tax cuts for those above a certain wealth bracket become permanent.

uh no , you simply pass another tax cut for the middle clas again

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys and Lady;

I want to try something different and I'm going to need your help. I'm going to need input, so here's my question:

What are your considered remedies for racism in the country? Don't hold back, do not fear writing what you truly feel about this topic. I'm asking the mods to (hopefully) allow a one time pass on this subject because honestly is a must, if we are going to do more than exchange accusatory posts. Thus far, we've had 5480 (including this one) posts with a great number of them involving "race/racism" and yet on a board that finds all of its members pulling in one direction concerning their favorite team, we talk around one another on an issue that's vastly more important to our futures, that of our children and future generations. Once more, here's my question:

What are your considered remedies for racism in the country?

Thanks, to everyone who participates, to those who read the posts and choose not to, and to others involving themselves in private messages.

I like this. First, I think we should truly define racism. For the purpose of my post, I am going with personal relationships.

1- I don’t think there is a remedy for what is nature. I believe the initial reaction of all people will be different based on the race you are interacting with. White people act differently around black people, and black people act differently around white people. So for initial interactions, there is no remedy. The remedy for actual racism is time with another individual of good character.

2- Based on what I just wrote, I would state that what may be considered racist, treating people differently because of pigmentation, could also be considered being polite.

3- When we start getting to what people refer to as institutional racism, we get into an area based on feeling and not fact...on both sides.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh no , you simply pass another tax cut for the middle clas again

So you care nothing about the federal deficit. I thought that this was a staple of Republicanism.

OK, so let me explain it to you:

The deficit is the difference between the money Government takes in, called receipts, and what the Government spends, called outlays, each year. Receipts include the money the Government takes in from income, excise and social insurance taxes as well as fees and other income. Outlays include all Federal spending including social security and Medicare benefits along with all other spending ranging from medical research to interest payments on the debt. When there is a deficit, Treasury must borrow the money needed for the government to pay its bills.

Right now the federal budget deficit is...985 Billion for fiscal year 2019 ( October 1, 2018 thru September 30, 2019)

How we got there:

Government revenues = 3.422 trillion

Government spending = 4.497 trillion

Government Deficit = -985 Billion

Now one side will tell you that the reason for this is the misnamed "entitlement programs." such as social security, but anyone who receives a paycheck knows that social security taxes are routinely taken out and is essentially a promise to everyone who pays it, that at retirement age there will be some sort of return for monies taxed now. ( Son-of-a bitch Reagan was the first to raid the Social Security fund and all others followed )

OK, let's move on:

Let's add in the tax cuts (temporary and permanent) to see what happens to the deficit:

Despite the objections of Fed Budget secretary Kudlow the CBO scores the Trump tax cuts as boosting the federal debt to nearly 100 percent of GDP by 2028. (we're looking at Greece type collapse) Trickle down always end in recessions....ALWAYS...100% of the times that it's been tried.

But rather than getting into the weeds, let's use a little common sense here. In my chart (above) if we give more tax cuts to people ( the government revenue line) what happens to that number? Yep, it goes down...and as a result what happens to the bottom line (Government Deficit) Yep, it goes up! Simple math.

One more thing, and this directly effects YOU as well as millions of baby boomers, in order to curtail the increase in the deficit, (Government spending line above) guess what's going to get cut to make up for giving tax cuts to people who don't need it? If you guessed Social Security, Medicare etc. ...YOU ARE A WINNER!!

Anyone who wants to talk about Social Security and/or why it is (or should be) the nation's top priority to go to a national healthcare system, I'm ready for you.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about that tax cut, with this in mind. Who's more likely to spend their tax windfall, the average Joe or the more affluent?

Since there are far more working class folks than not, we can safely say that even if everyone spends their tax cut windfall (they won't) the greater impact on the economy will come from that larger number buying and using goods and services.

Thus far salaries are stagnant and have been for years. This is important because large corporations such as Walmart have promised bonuses to their employees due to their huge tax cut windfall. Sounds good right? Well NO, if you take a look at what they're doing. Let me break it down:

A BONUS is a one time thing, A Raise although seemingly smaller will exceed that bonus over time. Again simple math. Some people will see an increase in their take home pay as well, no problem right? Well, to be fair yes and no. While it's nice to have that increase, the yes part, who doesn't like more money? The No part comes into play in 2019-2020 when the gains are rolled back to pre increase levels. This is essentially an elongated BONUS plan.

NOW, @dad asked a very good question, "why not another tax cut when these run out?" to which I'll first ask the question, Why we're tax cuts for me and more important them, made permanent and not those for him and you?

The other answer is also quite simple, already facing an increasing budget deficit, the country simply cannot afford to continue giving tax cuts to the working class without incurring more debt. Essentially, this works out to be bonuses for the working masses and permanent raises for the more affluent. Who makes out better?

Had they instead offered permanency to the working class and either zero or a limited windfall to me and themselves, I would have been all for it. This country has infrastructural needs that are approaching near death traps in some areas of the country. Take my unneeded increase and let's deal with that instead.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot...neva mind

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you care nothing about the federal deficit. I thought that this was a staple of Republicanism.

OK, so let me explain it to you:

The deficit is the difference between the money Government takes in, called receipts, and what the Government spends, called outlays, each year. Receipts include the money the Government takes in from income, excise and social insurance taxes as well as fees and other income. Outlays include all Federal spending including social security and Medicare benefits along with all other spending ranging from medical research to interest payments on the debt. When there is a deficit, Treasury must borrow the money needed for the government to pay its bills.

Right now the federal budget deficit is...985 Billion for fiscal year 2019 ( October 1, 2018 thru September 30, 2019)

How we got there:

Government revenues = 3.422 trillion

Government spending = 4.497 trillion

Government Deficit = -985 Billion

Now one side will tell you that the reason for this is the misnamed "entitlement programs." such as social security, but anyone who receives a paycheck knows that social security taxes are routinely taken out and is essentially a promise to everyone who pays it, that at retirement age there will be some sort of return for monies taxed now. ( Son-of-a bitch Reagan was the first to raid the Social Security fund and all others followed )

OK, let's move on:

Let's add in the tax cuts (temporary and permanent) to see what happens to the deficit:

Despite the objections of Fed Budget secretary Kudlow the CBO scores the Trump tax cuts as boosting the federal debt to nearly 100 percent of GDP by 2028. (we're looking at Greece type collapse) Trickle down always end in recessions....ALWAYS...100% of the times that it's been tried.

But rather than getting into the weeds, let's use a little common sense here. In my chart (above) if we give more tax cuts to people ( the government revenue line) what happens to that number? Yep, it goes down...and as a result what happens to the bottom line (Government Deficit) Yep, it goes up! Simple math.

One more thing, and this directly effects YOU as well as millions of baby boomers, in order to curtail the increase in the deficit, (Government spending line above) guess what's going to get cut to make up for giving tax cuts to people who don't need it? If you guessed Social Security, Medicare etc. ...YOU ARE A WINNER!!

Anyone who wants to talk about Social Security and/or why it is (or should be) the nation's top priority to go to a national healthcare system, I'm ready for you.

i dont need you to give me an explanation of the debt . better economic growth will cut that . and again i didnt hear any leftist complaining about debt when obama put more debt up then all other presidents combined

and werent you pimpimng alexander hamilton and debt no to long ago ?

its my money not the govt , maybe we should trim BS govt spending , foriegn aid would be one

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont need you to give me an explanation of the debt . better economic growth will cut that . and again i didnt hear any leftist complaining about debt when obama put more debt up then all other presidents combined

and werent you pimpimng alexander hamilton and debt no to long ago ?

its my money not the govt , maybe we should trim BS govt spending , foriegn aid would be one

1." i dont need you to give me an explanation of the debt . better economic growth will cut that"

Re: There's virtually zero growth in a recession.

2. ". and again i didnt hear any leftist complaining about debt when obama put more debt up then all other presidents combined"

Re: Turns out you'll believe anything someone else tells you. That LIE has been put to rest years ago.

Ronald Reagan:
Took office January 1981. Total debt: $848 billion
Left office January 1989. Total debt: $2,698 billion
Percent change in total debt: +218%

George H.W. Bush:
Took office January 1989. Total debt: $2,698 billion
Left office 20 January 1993. Total debt: $4,188 billion
Percent change in total debt: +55%

Bill Clinton:
Took office 20 January 1993. Total debt: $4,188 billion
Left office 20 January 2001. Total debt: $5,728 billion
Percent change in total debt: +37%

George W. Bush:
Took office 20 January 2001. Total debt: $5,728 billion
Left office 20 January 2009. Total debt: $10,627 billion
Percent change in total debt: +86%

Barack Obama:
Took office 20 January 2009. Total debt: $10,627 billion
Total debt (as of the end of April 2011): $14,288 billion
Percent change in total debt: +34%

3. "and werent you pimpimng alexander hamilton and debt no to long ago ?"

Re: Yup, sure did and since you "don't need me to give you an explanation of the debt," let me ask you to know the difference between debt and deficits.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah then there's this: Percentages (%) matter

Donald Trump: As projected in the FY 2019 budget, Trump plans to add $8.282 trillion, a 41-percent increase from the $20.245 trillion debt at the end of Obama's last budget for FY 2017. He will add almost as much in four years as Obama did in eight. That would also make him the second-biggest contributor to the debt in history in just one term.

• FY 2021 - $1.119 trillion.
  • FY 2020 - $1.198 trillion.
  • FY 2019 - $1.225 trillion.
  • FY 2018 - $1.233 trillion.

Barack Obama: Added $8.588 trillion, a 74-percent increase from the $11.657 trillion debt at the end of Bush’s last budget, FY 2009.

• FY 2017 - $672 billion.
  • FY 2016 - $1.423 trillion.
  • FY 2015 - $327 billion.
  • FY 2014 - $1.086 trillion.
  • FY 2013 - $672 billion.
  • FY 2012 - $1.276 trillion.
  • FY 2011 - $1.229 trillion.
  • FY 2010 - $1.652 trillion.
  • FY 2009 - $253 billion. Congress passed the Economic Stimulus Act, which spent $253 billion in FY 2009. This rare occurrence should be added to President Obama's contribution to the debt.

George W. Bush: Added $5.849 trillion, a 101-percent increase from the $5.8 trillion debt at the end of Clinton's last budget, FY 2001.

• FY 2009 - $1.632 trillion. This was Bush's deficit without the impact of the Economic Stimulus Act.
  • FY 2008 - $1.017 trillion.
  • FY 2007 - $501 billion.
  • FY 2006 - $574 billion.
  • FY 2005 - $554 billion.
  • FY 2004 - $596 billion.
  • FY 2003 - $555 billion.
  • FY 2002 - $421 billion.

Bill Clinton: Added $1.396 trillion, a 32-percent increase from the $4.4 trillion debt at the end of George H.W. Bush's last budget, FY 1993.

• FY 2001 - $133 billion.
  • FY 2000 - $18 billion.
  • FY 1999 - $130 billion.
  • FY 1998 - $113 billion.
  • FY 1997 - $188 billion.
  • FY 1996 - $251 billion.
  • FY 1995 - $281 billion.
  • FY 1994 - $281 billion.

George H.W. Bush: Added $1.554 trillion, a 54-percent increase from the $2.857 trillion debt at the end of Reagan's last budget, FY 1989.

• FY 1993 - $347 billion.
  • FY 1992 - $399 billion.
  • FY 1991 - $432 billion.
  • FY 1990 - $376 billion.

Ronald Reagan: Added $1.86 trillion, a 186-percent increase from the $998 billion debt at the end of Carter's last budget, FY 1981.

• FY 1989 - $255 billion.
  • FY 1988 - $252 billion.
  • FY 1987 - $225 billion.
  • FY 1986 - $297 billion.
  • FY 1985 - $256 billion.
  • FY 1984 - $195 billion.
  • FY 1983 - $235 billion.
  • FY 1982 - $144 billion.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1." i dont need you to give me an explanation of the debt . better economic growth will cut that"

Re: There's virtually zero growth in a recession.

2. ". and again i didnt hear any leftist complaining about debt when obama put more debt up then all other presidents combined"

Re: Turns out you'll believe anything someone else tells you. That LIE has been put to rest years ago.

Ronald Reagan:
Took office January 1981. Total debt: $848 billion
Left office January 1989. Total debt: $2,698 billion
Percent change in total debt: +218%

George H.W. Bush:
Took office January 1989. Total debt: $2,698 billion
Left office 20 January 1993. Total debt: $4,188 billion
Percent change in total debt: +55%

Bill Clinton:
Took office 20 January 1993. Total debt: $4,188 billion
Left office 20 January 2001. Total debt: $5,728 billion
Percent change in total debt: +37%

George W. Bush:
Took office 20 January 2001. Total debt: $5,728 billion
Left office 20 January 2009. Total debt: $10,627 billion
Percent change in total debt: +86%

Barack Obama:
Took office 20 January 2009. Total debt: $10,627 billion
Total debt (as of the end of April 2011): $14,288 billion
Percent change in total debt: +34%

3. "and werent you pimpimng alexander hamilton and debt no to long ago ?"

Re: Yup, sure did and since you "don't need me to give you an explanation of the debt," let me ask you to know the difference between debt and deficits.
your figures are wrong

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your figures are wrong

Show me the correct ones then. I have no issues with admitting it when I'm wrong. In fact gaining knowledge is a good thing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sty asked about racism , cleaning this up would be a start

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sty asked about racism , cleaning this up would be a start

Why?? Truth be told all forms of religion is BS wrapped in hypocrisy, wrapped in conjecture, wrapped in control of the masses for starters!! Sorry if this offends, but, truth be told, this is proved everyday as people supposedly of good faith everywhere, profess their faith and contradict the same with the way they live their lives.

BTW: Fuck Bill Clinton!

How's that for cleaning it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.