• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insubordination when one is told to stop looking into possible crimes that might involve me or those close to me. Interesting that this should be an issue. Separation of powers is all fine and good, unless it involves the guy at the top?

His scotus picks were designed to change the court from possibly moderate, to one with an extreme right bent. He basically promised to put justices on the bench that would overturn key legal standings in this country. He is weaponizing federal agencies like ICE and Border Patrol, and is also trying to bully his way into getting what he wants from our "Allies" while playing make nice with people who despise the American political system and way of life.

Well, he is the boss and there is no separation of powers there. Comey was corrupt...end of story.

His SCOTUS picks are far right in they actually go by the Constitution and aren’t political activists. They are doing their job, just as Trump is.

How is he weaponizing ICE and border patrol? He is having them do their jobs.

Trump is leveraging our so called allies because of an unequal playing field.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is meddling illegal? What led them to believe there was meddling?

Bill Clinton, as commander in chief, should be subject to the UCMJ. Bill Clinton had relations with an intern, using his position of power for sexual favors over a subordinate. By definition this is sexual misconduct.

I can’t stand Trump but his policies are pretty much spot on and as I have said on numerous occasions, his presidency needs to be about the SCOTUS...next up RBG

Is meddling illegal? Are you serious with this question??

trea·son
ˈtrēzən/
noun
  1. the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
By attempting to influence the election through outside and illegal means, yes that would make Meddling illegal.

As for hat lead them to believe our elections had been tampered with or influenced by Russian interests.. how about the bipartisan report done by the DOJ and FBI... Oh wait thats right they are biased and corrupt according to the Trumpking.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he weaponizing ICE and border patrol? He is having them do their jobs.

He is using them to target a particular subset of people. And implementing policy to try and terrorize that subset to not enter the country.. at all. But from where you are standing this is perfectly ok.

Trump is leveraging our so called allies because of an unequal playing field.

Actually we support our allies because to not do so would leave them vulnerable to Russian over throw which is NOT in the US best interest. But you know I hope he does just pull out of NATO. Let them fend for themselves and see where that gets us in the next few years.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trea·son
ˈtrēzən/
noun
  1. the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
By attempting to influence the election through outside and illegal means, yes that would make Meddling illegal.

As for hat lead them to believe our elections had been tampered with or influenced by Russian interests.. how about the bipartisan report done by the DOJ and FBI... Oh wait thats right they are biased and corrupt according to the Trumpking.

there has been one done its called the IG report

they are biased by their own hand shark . read the IG report its plain as day

rothstein , page strozk any of these people ring a bell

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trea·son
ˈtrēzən/
noun

where was is this outrage about the Democratic primaries?

This literally blows my mind that people have so quickly forgotten about the actual treason with actual evidence and actual collusion.

So... if HRC won after that shit at the primaries it is IMO a much much much bigger black eye to America and democracy..... but party lines I know

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where was is this outrage about the Democratic primaries?

This literally blows my mind that people have so quickly forgotten about the actual treason with actual evidence and actual collusion.

So... if HRC won after that shit at the primaries it is IMO a much much much bigger black eye to America and democracy..... but party lines I know

Dude.. I voted Against her because I thought that was crap and they were trying to force her down our throats. But that does not mean I should just fall in line with a person who is trying to turn our democracy into an authoritarian rule.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude, but the Heritage Foundation isnt white supremacist. But they are a tad bit right wing at the moment. And they are on the whole MAGA kick. Which I still havent gotten a solid answer as to when America was Great aside from some well back when Reagan was in charge.

Very few black people, even Muslims in America support of follow Farrakhan these days. And the American Muslim Mission is considered a bit of a cult, even by Muslims in this country. He is the black version of David Dukes.

Double standard in who supports who.

Obama, who at this point I think its fair to admit was a really really bad president got a higher % of the black vote then he got the democratic vote.

Let that sink in. A higher % of the black vote then % of registered democrats voted Obama (not by #s but %)

So if you want to attack the president for the way people voted you have to at least be fair. So small population of rednecks and white supremacists voted for Trump because of racial motivations. Well 93% of the black vote (2nd term despite how awful he was from the start) voted Obama..... thats got to be at least partially racially motivated no?

Obama could have ran on an utterly insane and reckless platform and he would have still had 93% of the black vote. Why is that okay? Why is that an untouchable topic?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. I voted Against her because I thought that was crap and they were trying to force her down our throats. But that does not mean I should just fall in line with a person who is trying to turn our democracy into an authoritarian rule.

both candidates were awful from the start.... i mean Bernie Sanders vs HRC was a joke

Trump vs Cruz was awful too.

Where the fuck was Rubio, Romney, Paul, shit Paul Ryan?

Still.... so the preferred outcome to many would have been HRC in office over Trump but the way she got there would have been far far far more corrupt then how Trump even allegedly got there.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Post is a well know left leaning newspaper going back as far as I can remember when Kathrine Graham was the owner. In the DC area the old Washington Star and now Washington Times are conservative newspapers. Like the rest of the US the country has either become more left or more right. Hell when is the last time we saw our Congress or Senate work together to accomplish anything?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double standard in who supports who.

Obama, who at this point I think its fair to admit was a really really bad president got a higher % of the black vote then he got the democratic vote.

Let that sink in. A higher % of the black vote then % of registered democrats voted Obama (not by #s but %)

So if you want to attack the president for the way people voted you have to at least be fair. So small population of rednecks and white supremacists voted for Trump because of racial motivations. Well 93% of the black vote (2nd term despite how awful he was from the start) voted Obama..... thats got to be at least partially racially motivated no?

Obama could have ran on an utterly insane and reckless platform and he would have still had 93% of the black vote. Why is that okay? Why is that an untouchable topic?

First off, thats your opinion that Obama was a bad President. Was he great, no. But he did some GOOD things for the country as a whole. Trying to fix health insurance was one of them. Which Trump is dead set on destroying. So I sincerely hope no one in your family has a pre-existing medical condition. Because if he has his way, your insurance will be allowed to drop or not cover them at a whim.

Secondly its very different to vote for some one because they were the first Black Candidate even actually on the ballot, and voting for some one because you have a desire to turn back the clock because we have become "too progressive".

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Post is a well know left leaning newspaper going back as far as I can remember when Kathrine Graham was the owner. In the DC area the old Washington Star and now Washington Times are conservative newspapers. Like the rest of the US the country has either become more left or more right. Hell when is the last time we saw our Congress or Senate work together to accomplish anything?

the crazy thing is Obama made it very clear that it was too bad, his side won, and had no plans to demonstrate any bipartisanship

Trump is actually trying to work with the other side. hes shown more bipartisanship in 1 year then Obama showed in 8

(i still blame Obama for Trumps current presidency though)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the crazy thing is Obama made it very clear that it was too bad, his side won, and had no plans to demonstrate any bipartisanship

Trump is actually trying to work with the other side. hes shown more bipartisanship in 1 year then Obama showed in 8

(i still blame Obama for Trumps current presidency though)

Dude you blame Obama if a dog shit in the woods in the year 1902 and no one saw it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, thats your opinion that Obama was a bad President. Was he great, no. But he did some GOOD things for the country as a whole. Trying to fix health insurance was one of them. Which Trump is dead set on destroying. So I sincerely hope no one in your family has a pre-existing medical condition. Because if he has his way, your insurance will be allowed to drop or not cover them at a whim.

Secondly its very different to vote for some one because they were the first Black Candidate even actually on the ballot, and voting for some one because you have a desire to turn back the clock because we have become "too progressive".

i believe obamacare was a hot mess that he had to lie about to get passed . in fact it was designed to fail so when HRC got in they would go for national health care full blown . and after watching britains debacle for the last 2 years i say no thanks

he may have done some good things but the bad far outweigh the good for sure

and the scare tactic crap doesnt cut the mustard . covering preexisting conditions is a staple of every conservative bill brought forward and no republican with any sense would go against the american people on that

the issue with obama is he couldnt get his ideas passed by the legislature because he had no support for them . he had supermajorities in both chambers of congress. yet he couldnt get his vision passed .

trump on the other hand has rolled through his first 18 months but he and obama will face the same thing . they have undid regs that can be changed by the next administration and executive orders can be reversed too

obama lost the midterms and that showed the people werent to keen on his policies . the same could happen to trump

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

condoleezza rice.... if she had 93% of the black vote despite how awful her platform may or may not have been she would have been on the ticket.

ben carson who we would be better off with today as our president then both trump or hrc same thing.

racially motivated no matter how you spin it. 93% of the black vote, voted for a terrible president 2nd term. I would guess that 50% of that number voted for him solely based on the platform running while black. While most rednecks voted for Trump based solely on the platform of perceived racism contrived by MSM.

In regards to health insurance hes trying to fix O's mess, which was a horrible patchwork and expensive reform.

I signed up for ACA because it was a little cheaper then what my old employer provided and I am generally healthy. I still paid $300 a month. I also fibbed about earnings reporting 10-15k less then what I actually made to potentially lower my monthly premiums despite the $6,000 minimum deductible.

Received an email a couple months in asking for more verification, probably earnings, and like everything ACA related I just sent it to my spam or trash... 2 months later I realize I havent paid a health insurance bill in awhile and I call. My insurance was cancelled because I didnt respond to said email after 30 days.

Meanwhile people with illness and subsidized $20 monthly premiums get 90 days forgiveness.

Now isnt that ass backwards? Never saw a doctor, paid $300 a month to essentially fund the program and I have a smaller window of forgiveness. That is just my personal experience with the clusterfuck regarding ACA. Oh and I was threatened to be fined $500 for not enrolling in insurance when I filed my taxes. Thankfully there was a loophole where since I paid 3 months of ACA I didnt qualify for that fine, or better put it was hidden.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trea·son
ˈtrēzən/
noun

Overthrow the government? WTF?

Another country cannot be treasonous towards our country. The very first words state “to overthrow one’s country.”

You seem to misunderstand. Trump has stated, after the bipartisan investigation, that Russia meddled.

This doesn’t mean that Trump colluded with them. If he did, he did not break the law in doing so.

Treason is selling 20% of our uranium rights to Russia.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you blame Obama if a dog shit in the woods in the year 1902 and no one saw it.

almost voted for Obama first term in PA nonetheless... wrote in Ron Paul instead

was dumb and in college and didnt know any better. Thought he represented a change and the DC cronyism could come to an end....

boy did I dodge a bullet. He spent the next 4 years campaigning and the last 4 years was an utter mess.

Obamas push so far left and undermining/patronizing right winged voters is honestly why I believe Trump is in office.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is using them to target a particular subset of people. And implementing policy to try and terrorize that subset to not enter the country.. at all. But from where you are standing this is perfectly ok.

Actually we support our allies because to not do so would leave them vulnerable to Russian over throw which is NOT in the US best interest. But you know I hope he does just pull out of NATO. Let them fend for themselves and see where that gets us in the next few years.

Of course it is OK. We try to influence foreigners all the time. This time we are trying to influence them not to break our sovereign laws. Wow...the fucking outrage. They are not US citizens. They have no right to be in this country. The job of ICE, before Trump, was to enforce immigration law. The job border patrol was to apprehend those crossing illegally, before Trump. All Trump has done is allow them to do their job according to the law.

What is also not in our interest is to allow them to take advantage of us and treat us unequally. As a black man, I thought you would be for equality.

I too hope we pull out of NATO. It is time the rest of the world stands up for themselves instead of depending on big brother to fight their battles.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe obamacare was a hot mess that he had to lie about to get passed . in fact it was designed to fail so when HRC got in they would go for national health care full blown . and after watching britains debacle for the last 2 years i say no thanks

he may have done some good things but the bad far outweigh the good for sure

and the scare tactic crap doesnt cut the mustard . covering preexisting conditions is a staple of every conservative bill brought forward and no republican with any sense would go against the american people on that

the issue with obama is he couldnt get his ideas passed by the legislature because he had no support for them . he had supermajorities in both chambers of congress. yet he couldnt get his vision passed .

trump on the other hand has rolled through his first 18 months but he and obama will face the same thing . they have undid regs that can be changed by the next administration and executive orders can be reversed too

obama lost the midterms and that showed the people werent to keen on his policies . the same could happen to trump

I will respectfully disagree on the Obama did more harm than good. Thats the deep red in you speaking.

Secondly I dont think the ACA was designed to fail, I think it fell short of what it was meant to be because of party fighting.

Obama lost the midterms, and Trump got the nomination because of scare tactics. And he is running his entire presidency with scare tactics.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trying to fix healthcare was a good thing, even though it made it worse? Fixing it would have been good.

Really? And I thought voting for somebody based on the color of their skin was wrong. I guess Dr. King was a dumb ass according to you.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is OK. We try to influence foreigners all the time. This time we are trying to influence them not to break our sovereign laws. Wow...the fucking outrage. They are not US citizens. They have no right to be in this country. The job of ICE, before Trump, was to enforce immigration law. The job border patrol was to apprehend those crossing illegally, before Trump. All Trump has done is allow them to do their job according to the law.

What is also not in our interest is to allow them to take advantage of us and treat us unequally. As a black man, I thought you would be for equality.

I too hope we pull out of NATO. It is time the rest of the world stands up for themselves instead of depending on big brother to fight their battles.

Show me equality in this country. Real equality.

And its funny that the only time Article 5 of the Nato charter has been enacted is when every one else came to the aid of "Big Brother". But lets not let facts get in the way of good old Murcia first politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.