• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what is there to say about Todd Downing? Great he worked with Carr more last year. That doesn't mean much. QB coaches always work more with the QB than the OC. Kind of what that job suggests. How will Downing being as an OC? Nobody knows at this time because he has never done it before. Same with the Broncos new DC in Bronco fans are excited to see what he brings but we have moved from a known commodity in Wade to an unknown.

You forgot what you have been saying today?

"Funny how we as fans always want to downgrade what a player or coach meant to the team once they leave. Not like Carr is the first QB he has mentored that has gone on to have success."

Downing worked more with Carr with the Raiders. I think it's safe to say he's the one responsible for Carr's success. If we aren't giving Carr the credit that is.

Musgrave was responsible for calling the plays with us.....he wasn't good. That's why I was "quick to downgrade him."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot what you have been saying today?

"Funny how we as fans always want to downgrade what a player or coach meant to the team once they leave. Not like Carr is the first QB he has mentored that has gone on to have success."

Downing worked more with Carr with the Raiders. I think it's safe to say he's the one responsible for Carr's success. If we aren't giving Carr the credit that is.

Musgrave was responsible for calling the plays with us.....he wasn't good. That's why I was "quick to downgrade him."

Well his play calling still lead to a top-5 offense most of the year. You can put that all on the players. Like I said easy for us as fans (myself included with Del Rio) to want to downgrade what people are doing when they leave town. We want to make their contributions less to feel better about our chances moving forward.

Now just looking at this past season for the Raiders. I read quite a few times on this very board about how excited Raiders fans were for KNJ to be the DC as his work with the Seahawks was incredible and he was going to bring that same fight to the Raiders. Well in many ways the Raiders defense was a bottom-5 unit this past year. So again those 1st year guys calling plays there is a big difference from working with a QB in film room and mechanics to now having to worry about the entire offense and call plays on Sunday.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap!! Holmes signs with Bills

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his play calling still lead to a top-5 offense most of the year. You can put that all on the players. Like I said easy for us as fans (myself included with Del Rio) to want to downgrade what people are doing when they leave town. We want to make their contributions less to feel better about our chances moving forward.

Now just looking at this past season for the Raiders. I read quite a few times on this very board about how excited Raiders fans were for KNJ to be the DC as his work with the Seahawks was incredible and he was going to bring that same fight to the Raiders. Well in many ways the Raiders defense was a bottom-5 unit this past year. So again those 1st year guys calling plays there is a big difference from working with a QB in film room and mechanics to now having to worry about the entire offense and call plays on Sunday.
You trippin dude

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, so Murray is a Viking! They got a good player. Good luck Murray!!

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect what Murray did but we can replace him.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....been keeping up on stuff.
It looks like the Falcons locked up Poe before he could get on the plane to Oak!! No biggie, we good

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect what Murray did but we can replace him.
Reggie might be looking to draft one of those blue chip RBs in this draft. Best draft for RBs in years, so they say.
Or they could give AP a one year type deal? Fournette, Cook, McCaffery and Mixon are some of the headliners in this draft. Those are franchise type RBs

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie might be looking to draft one of those blue chip RBs in this draft. Best draft for RBs in years, so they say.
Or they could give AP a one year type deal? Fournette, Cook, McCaffery and Mixon are some of the headliners in this draft. Those are franchise type RBs
And whoever we get will be playing with Washington and Richard!! Not bad at all

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could this whole vegas thing be impacting players decision to join or not join the raiders? I mean a player might want to know what city he's even signing to play for.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could this whole vegas thing be impacting players decision to join or not join the raiders? I mean a player might want to know what city he's even signing to play for.
RAIDERS killing FA dude. Its not the flashy pick but the right pick.. And Vegas would appeal to most if not all FAs, imo

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've added to the offense and ST but still need to address the defense...

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those wheels are in motion. Man, can you imagine Lynch running in Oakland?!
That story is developing pretty fast.

Seattle still has his rights. We have a lot of picks.....I'd throw out a 3rd or 4th rounder for him.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAIDERS killing FA dude. Its not the flashy pick but the right pick.. And Vegas would appeal to most if not all FAs, imo

They have signed like 2 or 3 players and lost 8. And what I'm saying is vegas isn't a solid deal the owners could say no. So if your a player you don't know if the team will be in Oakland or vegas next season.