• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record im not saying said coaches stink or anything like that. What i am saying though?
Solid coaching along with great QB play = HOF type coach in the eyes of the media.. That's how it works in sports..
If Derek Carr gives us 3 -4 SBs in his career? HOPEFULLY!! JDR too will be considered one of the best coaches in Pro Sports!! That's how it is man..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That defense is overrated for the simple reason of preying on a soft schedule all year long, and as well as having a powerful offense cd. They light that defense up in the SB cd. It was Brady that brings them back and wins the SB. They win SBs with offense not defense. Oh the defense makes plays here and there, but make no mistake it's the offense that wins those games.. And they have a defensive minded coach, hmmm

Other than Dilfer and Johnson most teams in recent SBs had top notch QBs along with good defense..

I remember that team you guys had, and it was Manning choking in the big games that did them in.
You just can't put all the blame on the coaching staff cd. It took an all time defense to win that SB with Manning playing mistake free football to win.

Again look at last year, pretty much the same team without Manning and a few defensive players and look what happened? Coaches take a lot of blame but you can't put all the blame on them.

Last year's Bronco team was very different from the year before. 3 key players missing from the defense, 4 new starters on the OL, new QB, new TE, and then you lose your Head Coach half way through the year. The team was 4-1 at that point. They went 5-6 after Kubiak went down. That just really took the wind out of the sails for the team. Easy to see.

I'm not putting all the blame for that 2014 season on the coaches. I just think they deserve a big chunk of it. And it wasn't just Del Rio. John Fox made some very costly decisions along the way. The only coach I was hoping they could keep and they tried to was Adam Gase. The offense for the most part did their job. Had a couple of down games but otherwise they were on point. Heck even adjusted the entire offense when Manning got hurt to feature a much more run heavy team that won some good games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Derek Carr gives us 3 -4 SBs in his career? HOPEFULLY!! JDR too will be considered one of the best coaches in Pro Sports!! That's how it is man..

Let's see him get 1 before we start getting too carried away here. Yeah he wins a few and HOF is for sure in his future. He has to win a playoff game first though in his career. He has been in this league for 11 years as a head coach. That is plenty of time to have assembled a team and done something with that team. So far that hasn't been the case. So again why I keep saying that it was great to see the Raiders make the playoffs again but at this point they still have done very little to prove they belong with the big boys. They have to show that through consistency of winning and winning when it matters most.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's Bronco team was very different from the year before. 3 key players missing from the defense, 4 new starters on the OL, new QB, new TE, and then you lose your Head Coach half way through the year. The team was 4-1 at that point. They went 5-6 after Kubiak went down. That just really took the wind out of the sails for the team. Easy to see.

I'm not putting all the blame for that 2014 season on the coaches. I just think they deserve a big chunk of it. And it wasn't just Del Rio. John Fox made some very costly decisions along the way. The only coach I was hoping they could keep and they tried to was Adam Gase. The offense for the most part did their job. Had a couple of down games but otherwise they were on point. Heck even adjusted the entire offense when Manning got hurt to feature a much more run heavy team that won some good games.
And that's the whole point of it right there. Coaches need players man in order to do the job.
Belichick, Carrol and countless others have been fired at one point or another for not winning. Now those same coaches are considered the cream of the crop. Why? Loaded rosters with top shelf QBs is why. Simple man. Again that's how it's done.. Does that make those coaches some mastermind? Nah, they are solid coaches with loaded rosters.. Enter the solid JDR with a young loaded roster = 12-4. Let's see what he does moving forward?!

I remember that 2014 season cd, and how it all went down. Plenty of blame to go around from players to coaches..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see him get 1 before we start getting too carried away here. Yeah he wins a few and HOF is for sure in his future. He has to win a playoff game first though in his career. He has been in this league for 11 years as a head coach. That is plenty of time to have assembled a team and done something with that team. So far that hasn't been the case. So again why I keep saying that it was great to see the Raiders make the playoffs again but at this point they still have done very little to prove they belong with the big boys. They have to show that through consistency of winning and winning when it matters most.
Im not saying we will win 3-4 SBs more like giving an example of how coaches are considered the cream of the crop in the coaching world.. If JDR wins 3 SBs he would be considered some mastermind coach and one of the top 3 coaches in the game. While you sit here and tell me he's not a very good coach cuz he didn't work out for you guys..

JDR had one HC gig in his career and he didn't have a top shelf QB. So he gave us a few good seasons with the QBs he had. Say he had Brady, AR, or Big Ben at that time? SBs and he would be in the HOF by now.. I mean Cmon cd? You are judging JDR by the QBs he had at that time. Judge him now that he has a young franchise QB..
And as for the playoff for the team he has now? Can't judge him by that, cuz his star QB was hurt..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying we will win 3-4 SBs more like giving an example of how coaches are considered the cream of the crop in the coaching world.. If JDR wins 3 SBs he would be considered some mastermind coach and one of the top 3 coaches in the game. While you sit here and tell me he's not a very good coach cuz he didn't work out for you guys..

JDR had one HC gig in his career and he didn't have a top shelf QB. So he gave us a few good seasons with the QBs he had. Say he had Brady, AR, or Big Ben at that time? SBs and he would be in the HOF by now.. I mean Cmon cd? You are judging JDR by the QBs he had at that time. Judge him now that he has a young franchise QB..
And as for the playoff for the team he has now? Can't judge him by that, cuz his star QB was hurt..

You might want to research your history on the Jaguars then. Garrard at one time was putting up top-5 QB numbers for the Jaguars.

And again I'm not judging him by just this past season. I'm judging him after 11 years of being a head coach and what he has shown. He has had some talented teams along the way and some of them succeeded and others failed. Yes he has a young good QB right now so have to see how he does with that. He just hasn't proven anything as a head coach at this point without having won even a single playoff game. So you can't sit here and say he is a good coach when I can name hundreds of coaches in NFL history that could boast a similar resume at this point that nobody in the NFL remembers. He just has a lot to prove. I would say he has just as much to prove as that of Vance Joseph for the Broncos at this point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on the Chiefs letting John Dorsey go today Idaho?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to research your history on the Jaguars then. Garrard at one time was putting up top-5 QB numbers for the Jaguars.

And again I'm not judging him by just this past season. I'm judging him after 11 years of being a head coach and what he has shown. He has had some talented teams along the way and some of them succeeded and others failed. Yes he has a young good QB right now so have to see how he does with that. He just hasn't proven anything as a head coach at this point without having won even a single playoff game. So you can't sit here and say he is a good coach when I can name hundreds of coaches in NFL history that could boast a similar resume at this point that nobody in the NFL remembers. He just has a lot to prove. I would say he has just as much to prove as that of Vance Joseph for the Broncos at this point.
I gotta get ghost dude. I will reply to this post.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on the Chiefs letting John Dorsey go today Idaho?
Yeah i heard that! Smh, what are they doing by firing a really good GM?? I know it put a smile on my face when i read that!! For real dude, why did they fire him?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i heard that! Smh, what are they doing by firing a really good GM?? I know it put a smile on my face when i read that!! For real dude, why did they fire him?

Haha I was just talking to some guys I write with and said the same thing!

2 great stats for the day...

1) First is a bit of a dig at the Raiders here but the new highest paid player in the NFL has never even played in a playoff game. First time that has probably happened in the history of the game.

2) The 6 years prior to John Dorsey showing up for the Chiefs they went 29-67. One of the worst stretches in their franchise history. Since he walked in the door they have gone 43-21.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really have to research to know that Garrard was not some great QB.
Really cd, it all comes down to great QB play along with a solid team around said QB. Then you factor in who were the dominant teams of his coaching era? While JDR had some good teams in his time, he just didn't have the dominant teams to win the SBs. Again, if he had say a Brady or AR, etc would he have won some SBs? Of course he would of.. Heck look at Reid? A lot of people consider him top shelf and yet what has he won?? Oh he's won a lot of games, but how many SBs? NONE!! Why?? So you see man? You need a loaded roster with a great QB to win a SB. Or an all time type defense like the Ravens, Bears, and maybe you guys. But you guys had PM along with the defense.

You can put any solid coach on some of the loaded rosters in the league right now and there would be no real drop off. Those teams would still win.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I was just talking to some guys I write with and said the same thing!

2 great stats for the day...

1) First is a bit of a dig at the Raiders here but the new highest paid player in the NFL has never even played in a playoff game. First time that has probably happened in the history of the game.

2) The 6 years prior to John Dorsey showing up for the Chiefs they went 29-67. One of the worst stretches in their franchise history. Since he walked in the door they have gone 43-21.
The first stat is fake news cd! Why not say? Carr got the RAIDERS to 12-4 but broke his leg and missed the playoffs, but he was the reason they were there? Everybody knows Carr is the BEST young QB in the game. Nothing to see here but perhaps jealousy? That's what it looks like with a petty stat like that.. Im not saying that's the case, im just saying that's what it looks like.. Had Carr hit FA? What would of Elway along with most GMs bid for him? 30M Per? Carr's deal will look like a steal here in a few years anyway.

Besides we all know had Carr played we would of smoked the Texans, and maybe even beat the Pats. We don't know that.

And as for KC? LOL is all i can say. That team is a mess which is good for the rest of the division!! :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first stat is fake news cd! Why not say? Carr got the RAIDERS to 12-4 but broke his leg and missed the playoffs, but he was the reason they were there? Everybody knows Carr is the BEST young QB in the game. Nothing to see here but perhaps jealousy? That's what it looks like with a petty stat like that.. Im not saying that's the case, im just saying that's what it looks like.. Had Carr hit FA? What would of Elway along with most GMs bid for him? 30M Per? Carr's deal will look like a steal here in a few years anyway.

Besides we all know had Carr played we would of smoked the Texans, and maybe even beat the Pats. We don't know that.

And as for KC? LOL is all i can say. That team is a mess which is good for the rest of the division!! :)

Well the first stat is not fake news but maybe a bit misleading. I was more using it as a quick jab. I actually like Derek Carr. I hate that I like him. IF he was on any other team outside the AFC West he might be a top-5 player of mine not on the Broncos.

And yes if Carr hit FA he would get big time money. I don't think much more than what he ended up getting with the Raiders as QB money doesn't usually see a huge jump from one player to the next like we saw with WR when Calvin signed his big deal.

Idaho here is one just final thought on why this contract with Carr while yes it was necessary for the Raiders to do it of why I keep saying they have a 2-year window here of winning the Super Bowl.

Only 5 QB's of the past 22 years have taken up more than 10% of the cap and seen their team win the Super Bowl. One of those was Steve Young the very first year they had a cap. The other 3 were Eli Manning at 11.2%, Peyton Manning at 10.6%, Brady at 11.1% and Brett Favre at 10.2%. After this season Carr very much goes into that area. This year he barely stays below that mark. You can say the team can keep adding talent through the draft and such which is true but plenty of teams have tried to do that after they pay their big time QB and even the elite of the elite have struggled to win once they get paid.

Part of the reason the Pats have been so good is because Brady has stayed below that mark most of his career. His first Super Bowl he took up .47% of the cap. 4.4% and 6.3% for the next 2. His 2014 Super Bowl victory was his best at 11.1% of the cap. This past one he only took up 8.9% of the cap. So like I said even the elite of the elite have struggled to get over the top unless they take a discounted price.

Then you add in once Mack gets paid and others that room for error decreases with every big contract the Raiders sign. Not saying they are completely out of it but the numbers don't lie that life is very easy as a GM when you have your QB only taking up a very small percentage of the cap and can build around them to give them an elite team to play with.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the first stat is not fake news but maybe a bit misleading. I was more using it as a quick jab. I actually like Derek Carr. I hate that I like him. IF he was on any other team outside the AFC West he might be a top-5 player of mine not on the Broncos.

And yes if Carr hit FA he would get big time money. I don't think much more than what he ended up getting with the Raiders as QB money doesn't usually see a huge jump from one player to the next like we saw with WR when Calvin signed his big deal.

Idaho here is one just final thought on why this contract with Carr while yes it was necessary for the Raiders to do it of why I keep saying they have a 2-year window here of winning the Super Bowl.

Only 5 QB's of the past 22 years have taken up more than 10% of the cap and seen their team win the Super Bowl. One of those was Steve Young the very first year they had a cap. The other 3 were Eli Manning at 11.2%, Peyton Manning at 10.6%, Brady at 11.1% and Brett Favre at 10.2%. After this season Carr very much goes into that area. This year he barely stays below that mark. You can say the team can keep adding talent through the draft and such which is true but plenty of teams have tried to do that after they pay their big time QB and even the elite of the elite have struggled to win once they get paid.

Part of the reason the Pats have been so good is because Brady has stayed below that mark most of his career. His first Super Bowl he took up .47% of the cap. 4.4% and 6.3% for the next 2. His 2014 Super Bowl victory was his best at 11.1% of the cap. This past one he only took up 8.9% of the cap. So like I said even the elite of the elite have struggled to get over the top unless they take a discounted price.

Then you add in once Mack gets paid and others that room for error decreases with every big contract the Raiders sign. Not saying they are completely out of it but the numbers don't lie that life is very easy as a GM when you have your QB only taking up a very small percentage of the cap and can build around them to give them an elite team to play with.
Anything misleading is indeed fake news cd. Sorry you just can't change that fact :)
And here in a few seasons we will all look back and say, damn that RAIDERS stole Carr with the contract they gave him. It's just the way it is in sports. Just thank goodness that we ain't at baseball levels yet!!

And have you seen the way Carr's contract is when broken down? We will have no problem keeping our star players and a healthy roster. None. Again, will we lose players? Of course we will just like all teams do, no biggie! The key to a healthy franchise is drafting good, that's the secret man to winning..

When it comes to Brady the dude has been in the league for what? 15 years?! He's made his money, now he's looking for legacy.. SBs!! And if you look close they really never sign the big name FAs but more like role players that fit the system they run. They have a great offensive system that they keep plugging players into.
They win because of Brady and role players around him..

Mack will be the highest defensive player in the league when it's time to pay him. Again no biggie when you know had to move the numbers around. Reggie is a master when it comes to the cap. The RAIDERS will maintain a healthy roster and keep the players they want.. We have two of the best players in football one on each side of the ball. We will continue to build around those two players. The cap is just a number, and when you have smart people moving the numbers around NO PROBLEM.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always get a kick out of the media when the say this coach is some great mastermind or that one is, or whatever! The media needs good guys and bad guys to keep the viewer plugged in and create debate.
The truth is? Any coach can win with a loaded roster and a top shelf QB! ANY
If you have a good team you win! Crappy team you lose. Simple eh?
Solid coaching with a TOP roster = Winning
Solid coaching with a bad roster = Fired

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Louis Riddick interested in the KC job? Nooooo!! I like watching and listening to Riddick, dude is sharp!
Well that stinks if he goes to KC..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like the RAIDERS will have the best ST's in the league this year?!
Super Rookie phenom Richard and All Pro Patterson! These guys right now ain't getting a lot of talk around the NFL, but once the games start they will.. ST's in this league WINS games baby, and the RAIDERS have two of the best in the league!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to NFLN the RAIDERS have a top 5 LB core! Hmmm, and some said the RAIDER backers were weak?! Smh

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to NFLN the RAIDERS have a top 5 LB core! Hmmm, and some said the RAIDER backers were weak?! Smh
You take Mack out of that group as he plays a lot more DE than OLB and that is a bottom 5 unit.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take Mack out of that group as he plays a lot more DE than OLB and that is a bottom 5 unit.
This is just a silly comment cd. Hey, lets take all the star players from other teams and see where they stand?
Let's take Miller away from the Broncos core, would they still be considered a top unit? Hell Nah!!