• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season shenanigans

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was listed as second string on 2 deeps coming out of spring anyway, always heard he had so much promise, but will just go the way of Marcus Coker

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even recognize his name anyway.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a fan of Nico due to his name. Nico Law.......let's all say it together, "NICO LAW." I may even change my name.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arrested due to not having a dorky flag on his moped...gotta love the cops, never mind the folks who really need help, they sure are serving and protecting all those folks by making sure mopeds have flags and such

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for his first arrest, Jok was cited for not having a safety flag on his moped and for missing a taillight (not to mention his drunkenness).

Now, for his second citation, Jok was driving on a suspended license, improper taillight, and no safety flag on his moped.

Both of these situations were at night where missing/improper tail lights would be easily noticeable by the ICPD. I'd be very disappointed in McCaffrey if he doesn't suspend Jok now. I think McCaffrey will now be forced to suspend Jok for 2-4 games - maybe more!!

Driving a moped at night does draw the attention of other drivers that are on the road. Driving a moped that is missing a taillight and does not have a safety flag further draws the attention of other drivers on the road.

Disappointing is an understatement with this second citation!!!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was inevitable for Law to transfer. Law probably found his way into the KF doghouse and realized it was time to go. Kind of reminds me of AJ Derby and his decisions and actions.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jok's second arrest was for driving with a suspended license. The penalties for that are actually more severe than a DWI in most cases. Heard Fran suspended him "indefinitely."

Beyond that, does Joke really think he can be inconspicuous being a 6'6" African driving around on the very same moped that he was arrested on earlier, which was made public to everyone in Iowa City, including the IC police? Dumb dumb dumb.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following a second run in with Iowa City police, Iowa sophomore guard Peter Jok has been suspended from all basketball activities. Below are statements from Fran McCaffery and Gary Barta:

MCCAFFERY: “In light of last night’s moped incident, I’ve decided to suspend Peter Jok indefinitely from all University of Iowa basketball related activities. We support Peter, but we’re not happy with his recent pattern of behavior. In the interim, Peter will continue to attend summer school classes, participate in community service projects, and take time to work on things internally, as outlined in accordance with the student-athlete Code of Conduct. We will monitor his progress and go from there.”

BARTA: “Fran and I were made aware of the incident involving Peter Jok and a moped this morning. We don’t yet know all the facts, but we are gathering those today. I’m very disappointed to learn about this, especially in light of the fact that Peter had a previous incident earlier this summer. We will work through this in accordance to our student-athlete Code of Conduct and team rules.”

Per the police report details, Jok was pulled over Monday night at 11:45pm. He had a tail light out on his moped and also did not have a safety flag.

Jok was driving on a suspended license from a late April arrest for OWI, to which he plead guilty. Jok’s moped at that time was also shown to have a non-functioning tail light and he was missing the safety flag. So in this latest instance, Jok chose to drive on a suspended license and hadn’t had his moped fixed to bring it in compliance with the law.

McCaffery needed to send a message to Jok, and this suspension is the start. Jok figures to play a much bigger role on next year’s team, but he’ll have to show better off the court judgement before he can do anything for Iowa on the court.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/basketball/jok-suspended

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem,

Nicely stated. I completely agree: dumb, dumb, and dumb!!