• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Of the 16 teams left, how would you rank them?

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super impressed by what KU did to Purdue. Didn't think they'd do quite that well against Purdue.

Purdue's backcourt is laughable.

It was a super favorable draw no doubt, but they are also obliterating those teams.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue's backcourt is laughable.

It was a super favorable draw no doubt, but they are also obliterating those teams.
I guess I was just used to not blowing many teams out at all. Seems like a odd change of pace to me given it is the NCAA tournament.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I was just used to not blowing many teams out at all. Seems like a odd change of pace to me given it is the NCAA tournament.

I would like to see Kansas/UNC. I wanted to see it last year and both teams have largely the same cast of characters. I just didn't imagine that Villanova would beat Kansas, lol.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Boucher. Be a totally different story if they had him.
Boucher is hot and cold, them Ducks know how to win without him because of this. That said, I don't disagree that a hot Boucher could push the Jayhawks to a loss.

It may still be close with the types of defenses the Duck throw at you. It should take all the Jayhawk rhythm away and force more half court offensive scenarios & less easy scoring possessions.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boucher is hot and cold, them Ducks know how to win without him because of this. That said, I don't disagree that a hot Boucher could push the Jayhawks to a loss.

It may still be close with the types of defenses the Duck throw at you. It should take all the Jayhawk rhythm away and force more half court offensive scenarios & less easy scoring possessions.

Well. They are this far. It's tough for a team to lose a rotation player of that caliber and win 4 games. But Brooks could get hot.

He wasn't just a body. He was a scary dude. Block shots, run the break, hit the 3.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. They are this far. It's tough for a team to lose a rotation player of that caliber and win 4 games. But Brooks could get hot.

He wasn't just a body. He was a scary dude. Block shots, run the break, hit the 3.
Know all about the Senior jontae, my Bruins faced them Ducks with him coming off the bench twice this year.

Benson has been filling him for him pretty decently though, but I don't think Benson has that 25pt+ game in him like Boucher can find from time to time.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas - The Jayhawks have an easy time moving to the Elite 8, and face an undermanned Ducks team.
Purdue - Where would the Boilermakers be without Caleb? Stay tuned, because you're about to find out.
Considering my rankings in my quoted post, even though I nailed this one too, I feel it was pretty much a slam dunk as I had Kansas No. 1 and Purdue No. 16 and so far that looks pretty accurate.
Arizona - Mack can't save the Musketeers from the stifling Wildcat defense.
Xavier - O'Mara struggles vs the Wildcat Defense, great tourney, played well over expectations!
Well, three out of four ain't bad. LOL Couldn't have called this one any worse. O'Mara was the difference off the bench as he had no problems with the Zona defense. Surprised obviously.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm late to this game so I'll play with the remaining 12.

1) Kansas.
2) North Carolina
3) Kentucky
4) UCLA
5) Gonzaga
6) Wisconsin
7) Oregon
8) Xavier
9) Baylor
10) Florida
11) Butler
12) South Carolina

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to base it off of which teams I think will make the Elite 8, then I'll rank the top 8 l think will lose from there...
  1. Kansas - The Jayhawks have an easy time moving to the Elite 8, and face an undermanned Ducks team.
  2. North Carolina - Butler gives them a run for their money, but they will be favored vs either UCLA or Kentucky.
  3. Arizona - Mack can't save the Musketeers from the stifling Wildcat defense.
  4. UCLA - Will need to beat Cal's Freshman 3 consecutive times & it could go either way. The Xfactor, Lonzo.
  5. Gonzaga - The full court press tests the Zags, and they wont be able to play big, but they squeak out a win.
  6. Baylor - SC's turnaround is done as the Bear zone troubles shooters to make enough shots.
  7. Wisconsin - Hayes, Koenig, & defense will need to keep Gator's Robinson off the boards, FL may win if not.
  8. Oregon - This will be a close one, but Dorsey does what Dorsey does best, hit's the game winner! ........................
  9. Kentucky - The best not to move on, Cal needs some senior mix and it shows up vs UCLA.
  10. Butler - Holtman tries his best to dictate pace, but UNC runs late and stretches a close game in the end.
  11. Florida - Could have them higher, but losing to Wiskey as the higher seed has them behind Butler.
  12. Michigan - They play their hearts out once again but their TV movie sees it's end in dramatic fashion!
  13. South Carolina - No comeback here, as the Bear zone was too much to handle late.
  14. West Virginia - If they win, they wont go far as the Final 8's guard play will break the full court press down.
  15. Xavier - O'Mara struggles vs the Wildcat Defense, great tourney, played well over expectations!
  16. Purdue - Where would the Boilermakers be without Caleb? Stay tuned, because you're about to find out.
@006 I did well with Thursday's games going 3 of 4 missing only the Zona game which Zona should have won up 8 with 3 minutes to go. Friday I went 1 of 4 yes, but of course the Kentucky game was picked with true blue goggles and I did say it could go either way and would be tough for UCLA to win. Also I did say that the Florida game would be close and usually when only 1 dude is the only guy in double digits, you lose. The only game I was totally off on was the South Carolina game. I didn't see that coming at all.

Well speak up @006, what's funny, I'm missing the joke I guess.

Hindsight is always 20/20

Last edited:

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@006 I did well with Thursday's games going 3 of 4 missing only the Zona game which Zona should have won up 8 with 3 minutes to go. Friday I went 1 of 4 yes, but of course the Kentucky game was picked with true blue goggles and I did say it could go either way and would be tough for UCLA to win. Also I did say that the Florida game would be close and usually when only 1 dude is the only guy in double digits, you lose. The only game I was totally off on was the South Carolina game. I didn't see that coming at all.

Well speak up @006, what's funny, I'm missing the joke I guess.

Hindsight is always 20/20

I love cliches like "Hindsight is 20/20" ........ so wise:L. People who state the obvious always crack me up.

I respect you for leading the vcash thing and all, it's good for the site. I myself prefer to bet real money and have cut down due to all the advancements in technology and sports science parody has made it tougher than ever.

I will stand behind my "funny" ratings after reviewing your rankings of the best teams and only having 3 of 8 the top 8 remaining.

Props to you for having the balls to put your opinions/thoughts out there though.

I'm going to base it off of which teams I think will make the Elite 8, then I'll rank the top 8 l think will lose from there...
  1. Kansas - The Jayhawks have an easy time moving to the Elite 8, and face an undermanned Ducks team.
  2. North Carolina - Butler gives them a run for their money, but they will be favored vs either UCLA or Kentucky.
  3. Arizona - Mack can't save the Musketeers from the stifling Wildcat defense.
  4. UCLA - Will need to beat Cal's Freshman 3 consecutive times & it could go either way. The Xfactor, Lonzo.
  5. Gonzaga - The full court press tests the Zags, and they wont be able to play big, but they squeak out a win.
  6. Baylor - SC's turnaround is done as the Bear zone troubles shooters to make enough shots.
  7. Wisconsin - Hayes, Koenig, & defense will need to keep Gator's Robinson off the boards, FL may win if not.
  8. Oregon - This will be a close one, but Dorsey does what Dorsey does best, hit's the game winner! ........................
  9. Kentucky - The best not to move on, Cal needs some senior mix and it shows up vs UCLA.
  10. Butler - Holtman tries his best to dictate pace, but UNC runs late and stretches a close game in the end.
  11. Florida - Could have them higher, but losing to Wiskey as the higher seed has them behind Butler.
  12. Michigan - They play their hearts out once again but their TV movie sees it's end in dramatic fashion!
  13. South Carolina - No comeback here, as the Bear zone was too much to handle late.
  14. West Virginia - If they win, they wont go far as the Final 8's guard play will break the full court press down.
  15. Xavier - O'Mara struggles vs the Wildcat Defense, great tourney, played well over expectations!
  16. Purdue - Where would the Boilermakers be without Caleb? Stay tuned, because you're about to find out.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since there are numerous ways to do this I'll preface my rankings with the assertion that my opinion is solely based on the likelihood of the team winning the national title. This means I'll look at a teams path as well.

1. Kansas
2. Wisconsin
3. Arizona
4. North Carolina
5. UCLA
6. Gonzaga
7. Michigan
8. Baylor
9. Florida
10. South Carolina
11. Purdue
12. West Virginia
13. Oregon
14. Xavier
15. Kentucky
16. Butler
:heh:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love cliches like "Hindsight is 20/20" ........ so wise:L. People who state the obvious always crack me up.

I respect you for leading the vcash thing and all, it's good for the site. I myself prefer to bet real money and have cut down due to all the advancements in technology and sports science parody has made it tougher than ever.

I will stand behind my "funny" ratings after reviewing your rankings of the best teams and only having 3 of 8 the top 8 remaining.

Props to you for having the balls to put your opinions/thoughts out there though.
Sounds like you love cliches, but don't you think seeking wisdom in a forum of sports commentary, you know that thing we call sports where cliches are ubiquitous, is ingenuous at best?