• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odds to be Nebraskas head coach in 2018

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During BROR DB said the ball was in Scott's court. He gave a 50/50 shot.

I just got home while listening to sports radio on the drive. A caller to the show claimed that he knew Scott and had been friends with Scott's dad for 40 years. He said that he talked to Scott's dad 2 days ago and was told that Scott is still very bitter about the way he was treated at NU and will not consider a position there. Don't know anything about what allegedly transpired with Scott but this caller was quite emphatic that Scott would never consider a position at Neb.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got home while listening to sports radio on the drive. A caller to the show claimed that he knew Scott and had been friends with Scott's dad for 40 years. He said that he talked to Scott's dad 2 days ago and was told that Scott is still very bitter about the way he was treated at NU and will not consider a position there. Don't know anything about what allegedly transpired with Scott but this caller was quite emphatic that Scott would never consider a position at Neb.
Everyone in the state of Nebraska is allegedly best friends with Frost's dad/mom/cousin/mailman/second grade teacher at this point and "has the inside scoop". It's pretty much all BS.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many Husker hating callers out there and I wonder what the Huskers ever did to them. :eek:

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Thanks for the input. :thumb:

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input. :thumb:
Interesting claim also made by this caller. He said that Scott agreed to a reduction in salary so his assistants could receive raises. Don't have any idea if there is truth to this claim.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I will assume Frost will be next coach, chances are it will happen. So this needs to be a long term commitment by both parties, It will take 2-3 years to purge Riley players from system and the 2-3 years for Frost to have his imprint on program. Will school and fans give Frost 5-6 years to do this without bitching and moaning about this, that and the other? Took Osborne 10 years to get team in position to be considered year in and year out contenders. Just looking at his record is amazing, no losing seasons and none with less than 9 wins over 25 straight years, I not sure there is a coach out there that can calm that on their record.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should really be stressed to not count the chickens before they hatch. Scott seems to be trending this way, but nothing is done til his boots are on the ground in Lincoln. Dont set yourself up for disapointment.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get that mess outta here, Frost be our knew corch dig

giphy.gif

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting claim also made by this caller. He said that Scott agreed to a reduction in salary so his assistants could receive raises. Don't have any idea if there is truth to this claim.

Scott Frost signs football contract extension with UCF

UCF fires preemptive financial strike at Nebraska to keep Scott Frost in Orlando

I can't find anything about Scott taking a reduction in salary. He did give to the Football Excellence Fund which is to promote football at UCF. Basically more money to be given to the staff somehow.

if Scott Frost and his assistants come to Nebraska, they will be getting bigger raises. Basically, everyone of them will more than double their current salary.

Currently, Nebraska assistants are around $4,000,000 in salary annually. Which is $2,000,000 more than Scott Frost is being paid. Add in Riley's $3,100,000 or so........

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I will assume Frost will be next coach, chances are it will happen. So this needs to be a long term commitment by both parties, It will take 2-3 years to purge Riley players from system and the 2-3 years for Frost to have his imprint on program. Will school and fans give Frost 5-6 years to do this without bitching and moaning about this, that and the other? Took Osborne 10 years to get team in position to be considered year in and year out contenders. Just looking at his record is amazing, no losing seasons and none with less than 9 wins over 25 straight years, I not sure there is a coach out there that can calm that on their record.
I can't speak for all the fans but I can speak for myself. Regardless of who it is, if the coach that is brought in is moving the program in the right direction they will have my support. If they are not, sorry I am going to voice what I see, again regardless of who it is.

And I'm not talking about W-Ls. I am talking about fundamentals, discipline, attitude, play calling, time management, etc.

Bo Pelini had my support for a loong time, even though I did not support his outbursts. It was probably not until the Iowa game that he melted down at that it was evident to me that he had plateaued and it was time for him to go.

Riley? He had my support into this year and I would have been fine with 5 years but that list I gave a minute ago? He has received an F in every single one of those areas. There is no reason to support him and as a supporter of this program I feel I would be unfaithful to the program itself to support what he is doing to it now.

Now that I got that off my chest where did you get it took TO ten years to be considered a contender? He was top 10 in at least one of the two polls every one of those years. Conference champ or co-champ 5 of those years. An amazing coach, which you yourself followed this claim with.

So yeah if we are improving and competing, which can be done with the players we have now, then yes my support is there.
If we are not, than we are not and I am not going to call a turd a rose.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for all the fans but I can speak for myself. Regardless of who it is, if the coach that is brought in is moving the program in the right direction they will have my support. If they are not, sorry I am going to voice what I see, again regardless of who it is.

And I'm not talking about W-Ls. I am talking about fundamentals, discipline, attitude, play calling, time management, etc.
this. I wasn't sold on Frost when the conversation started, i'm coming around to him. But if he doesn't want to be here, so be it, i'm fine with someone else. i'm confident the Moose can find the right guy.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don’t understand