• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OC Brian Schottenheimer

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile...

Ryan Ramczyk | New Orleans Saints RT | NFL and PFF stats | Pro Football Focus

I wanted him. I also wanted Joel Bitiono, and I wanted us to keep Jahri Evans and sign Whitworth this season. Had we fielded that line the holes would've been big enough for Rosie O'Donnell to squeeze her fatass through.

Fuck it, I'm calling Seattle Seahawks HQ and applying for O-Line coach.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I guess it wasn't Joel.... who the fuck was it then, I know there was another tackle/guard drafted late that I liked who turned out to be pretty good. Hmmm, well I guess I'm full of shit.

You'll fit right in as the next O-Line coach for the Hawks :lol:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since people have been talking about RBs, I have a few thoughts I have been kicking around.

A couple months ago Carroll stated that Rawls' issues stemmed from being too impatient and running up the linemen's backs before the hole was getting opened. So, here's a thought about why he looked so good in 2015 but hasn't since.

In 2015, Rawls was hitting holes and Lynch wasn't. What if the holes were opening very early and then closing - with Rawls being the quicker of the 2 backs at the time he was getting there when there was a hole and Lynch wasn't. Fast forward to the last 2 seasons - the holes aren't opening as quickly, hence not rewarding Rawls for getting to the line quickly like it did in 2015.

Just a thought, nothing earth shattering.

I do agree that there are issues with Rawls' patience/vision. You can even see it when he's running in the open field. I recall a number of times in which Rawls had the ball in the open field with blockers in front of him and instead of slowing down a little bit and setting up his blocks, he just accelerates into the defender. I appreciate his aggressiveness as a runner, but he needs to be a lot more patient when he runs. Before before he gets to the line of scrimmage and when he gets into the open field.

One of the things that makes Le'Veon Bell so fun to watch is he's a master at being patient and setting up his blocks.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of peoples thoughts are here...

Coaches Boxscore

Nothing gets me too excited at all about the signing personally...

Not super excited either... I mean, it's a change, so hopefully it will put some fire in the O ... But it's hard to do cartwheels over this one... I'm glad Bevell is gone, that's about the only excitement... I hope Schottenheimer does well, he has the QB to work with, let's see if he can re-spark the running game ...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not super excited either... I mean, it's a change, so hopefully it will put some fire in the O ... But it's hard to do cartwheels over this one... I'm glad Bevell is gone, that's about the only excitement... I hope Schottenheimer does well, he has the QB to work with, let's see if he can re-spark the running game ...
I guess my question is, and it's not just at you because lots of folks have expressed a similar reaction, but who exactly would have invoked cartwheels? Is there some hot OC candidate out there that we could have hired that we truly missed out on? It's a coordinator, guys. A coordinator.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defillipo would have been pretty exciting, a young up and comer that coached carson wentz.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my question is, and it's not just at you because lots of folks have expressed a similar reaction, but who exactly would have invoked cartwheels? Is there some hot OC candidate out there that we could have hired that we truly missed out on? It's a coordinator, guys. A coordinator.

Coordinators can mean a whole helluva lot bro... Defensive or offensive... You’re making it sound like the right coordinator doesn’t really mean that much... HELL yeah it can mean a helluva lot... As far as who I would do cartwheels over... None really, I was just using that as an expression...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coordinators can mean a whole helluva lot bro... Defensive or offensive... You’re making it sound like the right coordinator doesn’t really mean that much... HELL yeah it can mean a helluva lot... As far as who I would do cartwheels over... None really, I was just using that as an expression...
I know they make a difference. Most people can only name a few OCs and DCs in the entire league though, and it just seemed the overreaction by some was a bit much.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got his eye on a HC gig, so a OC position would just be a fall back.

I dont think he gets a hc gig, he will be an oc somewhere for a year or two first.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they make a difference. Most people can only name a few OCs and DCs in the entire league though, and it just seemed the overreaction by some was a bit much.

gotcha....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would've done cartwheels if it was Gary Kubiak... I would've even video taped it and posted in here for all to see... :suds:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've done cartwheels if it was Gary Kubiak... I would've even video taped it and posted in here for all to see... :suds:
Well now I'm really wishing Kubiak was the hire...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now I'm really wishing Kubiak was the hire...

Actually, I take it back... I probably would've pulled something ending up going to the hospital...