• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O.T. State the last movie you watched and rate it

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will. I still have a couple days before the deadline. In the meantime, I'll need proof that you voted for Pete for the Wall of Fame--that's how politics works
damn, and you were getting the VP nod too.

@jvett77 you're up!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, and you were getting the VP nod too.

@jvett77 you're up!

OK. Pete earned the wall and the Hall. So what if he lost $500K to the bookies in a bad year. He was just trying to earn more for his family. He was an honest gambler and great human. If the hated moron bigot Cobb is in the Hall, Rose goes in too. :suds:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Smith: 5/5 stars. What a life. He's the fucking man- from Fresh Prince, to Gettin' Jiggy Wit It, to his awesome acting career. He hasn't always appeared in the best movies, but whenever he's in a movie, he steals the show.
giphy.gif

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone Baby Gone: 4/5 stars. I thought that the film was meandering, until the end, where I realized that it had direction the entire time. I really enjoyed Casey Affleck, Titus Welliver, and Ed Harris' performances. I'm not sure that I agree with Affleck's decision wholeheartedly, but I figure I would probably do the same things in his shoes and hate myself for it.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alien: 2.5/5 stars. I'll take John Carpenter's "The Thing" over Alien any day of the week. I liked how it took its time to set everything up (much like The Thing), and I won't deny the overall mood and setting was creepy for the first half of the film. But by the time it was discovered that
Ash was a robot, which I totally saw coming (well, not that he was a robot, but that he at least wasn't human or normal,
the film largely dragged to me. The alien just wasn't scary enough for me, and it had no motive. I know, I know, giant evil aliens don't need motives, but I still found myself bored during the entire second half.

Without any real standout performances either (Weaver and the guy who played Parker were decent), it really made this film hard to engage with. Would not recommend (unless I watch Aliens, which I will, and really like it, in which case I will probably recommend for continuity purposes).

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alien: 2.5/5 stars. I'll take John Carpenter's "The Thing" over Alien any day of the week. I liked how it took its time to set everything up (much like The Thing), and I won't deny the overall mood and setting was creepy for the first half of the film. But by the time it was discovered that
Ash was a robot, which I totally saw coming (well, not that he was a robot, but that he at least wasn't human or normal,
the film largely dragged to me. The alien just wasn't scary enough for me, and it had no motive. I know, I know, giant evil aliens don't need motives, but I still found myself bored during the entire second half.

Without any real standout performances either (Weaver and the guy who played Parker were decent), it really made this film hard to engage with. Would not recommend (unless I watch Aliens, which I will, and really like it, in which case I will probably recommend for continuity purposes).

You need patience when watching certain movies. It takes time to tell a plausible story. 2001 and Passengers wouldn't work for you. Alien transports you to another planet, another time and provides a unique experience. And you gotta like the alien chest-birth concept and Sigourney's underwear clad bod toward the end. Know why they never had The Thing II? Nobody cared and it had no sexy bitch to drool over. Besides, a unique real alien works better for me than a being that assimilates and imitates humans. But, you pikued my interest so I'll rent it for a refresher.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need patience when watching certain movies. It takes time to tell a plausible story. 2001 and Passengers wouldn't work for you. Alien transports you to another planet, another time and provides a unique experience. And you gotta like the alien chest-birth concept and Sigourney's underwear clad bod toward the end. Know why they never had The Thing II? Nobody cared and it had no sexy bitch to drool over. Besides, a unique real alien works better for me than a being that assimilates and imitates humans. But, you pikued my interest so I'll rent it for a refresher.
You don't think Kurt Russell is a hottie?:10:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fly (1986): 4/5 stars. One of the saddest horror stories you will ever find, and Jeff Goldblum's portrayal of Brundle is one of the best examples of a tragic hero you will find in film. I thought that Brundle could have been portrayed a little more sympathetically (after all, he did want to do that crazy science experiment with Ronnie), but I understand that his condition made him sick to the point that he just wanted to be normal again. The end where he places the shotgun to his head to tell Ronnie to kill him was borderline devastating.

IMO, the only better example of a tragic hero (and better death) would be Spiderman 2's Doc Ock

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fly (1986): 4/5 stars. One of the saddest horror stories you will ever find, and Jeff Goldblum's portrayal of Brundle is one of the best examples of a tragic hero you will find in film. I thought that Brundle could have been portrayed a little more sympathetically (after all, he did want to do that crazy science experiment with Ronnie), but I understand that his condition made him sick to the point that he just wanted to be normal again. The end where he places the shotgun to his head to tell Ronnie to kill him was borderline devastating.

IMO, the only better example of a tragic hero (and better death) would be Spiderman 2's Doc Ock

I agree. And there nothing better than seeing a large insect slurping up a human.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midnight Special: 2/5 stars. Great performances from Shannon (which is a given), Edgerton, and whoever played the kid. But the plot (which was only somewhat suspenseful in its build-up) climaxed to a pointless ending. If the movie had even just a decent ending, I would award it anywhere from 3 to 3.5/5 stars, depending on how good it was. But with how disappointing the ending was, I can't go any higher than 2/5.