• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NY Mets. May 2018.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- The Mets have recalled right-hander Chris Flexen and catcher Tomas Nido from Las Vegas of the Pacific Coast League, optioned left-hander Buddy Baumann to the Triple-A farm team and designated catcher Jose Lobaton for assignment.

The 23-year-old Flexen was 3-3 with a 3.40 ERA in seven starts and one relief appearances this year. The 24-year-old Nido batted .135 with one RBI in 17 games and 37 at-bats for the Mets this season and hit .257 with six RBI in six games at Las Vegas and five at Double-A Binghamton of the Eastern League.

Baumann, 30, is 0-1 with a 19.29 ERA in one game with San Diego and one with the Mets, who claimed him off waivers on April 27.

The 33-year-old Lobaton hit .152 with three RBI in 18 games and 46 at-bats with the Mets this season.

New York announced the moves Saturday.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets win it in walk off fashion...5-4.

Devin Mesoraco, Wilmer Flores give Mets win

Recap:
Diamondbacks vs. Mets - Game Recap - May 19, 2018 - ESPN

Box:
Diamondbacks vs. Mets - Box Score - May 19, 2018 - ESPN

UP NEXT:

RHP Clay Buchholz will be brought up from the minors to start Sunday for Arizona, the first big league appearance for the 33-year-old since he tore the flexor tendon in his right forearm pitching for Philadelphia against the Mets on April 11 last year. Buchholz had surgery a week later. RHP Noah Syndergaard(3-1) starts for the Mets.

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK (5/19) -- Mets third baseman Todd Frazier said on Saturday that he will need to go on a Minor League rehab assignment before he is ready to return from the 10-day disabled list, and he isn't sure when he will be ready to start one. Frazier has been on the shelf since May 8 with a strained left hamstring.

"If I gave you a timestamp, I'd be lying to you. We're taking it day by day," Frazier said before the Mets faced the D-backs at Citi Field. "It's just one of those things that I've never had it before. It's a mild strain and it takes some time to heal. So we want to be 100 percent. I'd rather lose two more weeks -- if that's the case -- than two more months, if you know what I mean."

He added that the rehab assignment is not going to be at Triple-A Las Vegas, but "somewhere closer for sure."

Frazier has done all manner of baseball activities but still feels it when he runs.

"Just running," he said. "I hit today and felt really good. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do: hitting, fielding. I haven't fielded in a couple of days, but that doesn't bother me at all either."

Jose Reyes has had several hamstring injuries during his career and has spoken with Frazier about the pitfalls of rushing back. Frazier said pushing it "could be detrimental."

"We were running earlier and he told me, 'I don't know if that's a good idea just yet,'" Frazier said, "and he was right."

Frazier first felt something in his hamstring a month ago while running the bases. He said it was "about three weeks" that he tried to play with it, but when he went to field a ground ball in Cincinnati on May 7 it grabbed.

"It's a slow process and it's frustrating because I want to get out there," he said. "But it's one of those things where you have to take your time."

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets win 4-1...behind Thor, Cabrera, & Rosario.

Amazin's Sweep Zona.

:suds:

68e8e581ad45d01b414647530957b2e7.jpg

The Goods...
Asdrubal Cabrera's pinch-hit homer seals sweep

Recap...

Diamondbacks vs. Mets - Game Recap - May 20, 2018 - ESPN

Box...
Diamondbacks vs. Mets - Box Score - May 20, 2018 - ESPN

UP NEXT:

Mets: LHP Jason Vargas (0-3, 13.86) makes his first start since May 8 after being skipped in the rotation. He starts at home on Monday night against Miami RHP Elieser Hernandez (0-0, 2.25).

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sewald got 2 quick outs in the 6th....then allowed a walk & single.
Blevins came in to face the lefty hitter Bour..but walked him.
Former Marlin AJ Ramos is now in to pitch with the bases loaded....

stay tuned......lol

edit:

Ramos steps up by fanning the PHer Dietrich on a 3-2 curve ball.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Mets still clinging to a 1-0 lead.

Let's Go Bats!

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh...low risk, high reward potential.

One man's trash is another man's treasure...yada yada.

He could work out at 3B if he gets more playing time & AB's than he got w/ the braves....especially if Todd Frazier's rehab stalls and he gets back from the DL much later than sooner.

Next Mets signing...Manny Machado???

:thumb:

Bring that cake, dude......I'll bring the ice cream.
:lol:

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who Nido thinks he is...but he needed to take some pitches there with Reyes on 1st and no outs...instead of going after the 1st pitch to GIDP.

:tsk:

Also not sure why Wheeler is still out there pitching.

:noidea:

Edit:
Good thing he kept it at a 2 run game...in what was probably his last inning.

3-1 Miami, mid 6th.