• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NY Mets. June 2018.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets rout Colorado....12-2
deGrom finally gets some run support.
Nimmo is raking.

The Goods:

Brandon Nimmo homers twice as Mets top Rockies

Recap:

Mets vs. Rockies - Game Recap - June 18, 2018 - ESPN

After pitching in terrible luck for weeks as New York's hitters slumped, deGrom (5-2) got some help from his teammates at last. He allowed two runs -- one earned -- in eight innings to snap a two-game skid and win for the first time in six outings since May 18 against the Diamondbacks.

On the eve of his 30th birthday, the right-hander struck out seven, walked one and lowered his major-league-leading ERA to 1.51. He improved to 4-0 with a 1.01 ERA in six career starts against Colorado.

The 12 runs the Mets scored were more than they managed in deGrom's previous eight starts combined. He had given up only five earned runs in his past five games -- without a win to show for it.

Playing in front of family and friends from his Wyoming hometown, Nimmo got the game off to a rousing start. He lofted a deep drive that hit off the right-center-field wall and rolled away from Carlos Gonzalez. By the time the right fielder chased it down, Nimmo had charged past third base and went into home standing up, well ahead of a weak throw.
"I haven't done that before. That was fun,'' Nimmo said.

Nimmo became the third Mets player to lead off a game with an inside-the-park home run and first since Angel Pagan on Aug. 23, 2009, against Philadelphia. The most recent New York player with an inside-the-park homer was Ruben Tejada on Sept. 2, 2015, also against the Phillies.

Box:
Mets vs. Rockies - Box Score - June 18, 2018 - ESPN

TRAINER'S ROOM:

Mets: Slumping RF Jay Bruce was scratched from the starting lineup because of nagging hip soreness. He has missed four of the past five starts due to the injury, and manager Mickey Callaway said Bruce will be re-evaluated in the next day or two. Callaway said the disabled list remains an option. "We need to get Jay Bruce right so he can be the Jay Bruce that his team wants him to be and that he wants to be,'' Callaway said. ... RHP Noah Syndergaard, sidelined since May 26 with a strained ligament in his right index finger, played catch and came out of it well. He's expected to do some longer tosses, 75 to 80 feet, as part of his ongoing rehab effort.

UP NEXT:

Mets: LHP Jason Vargas (2-5, 7.39 ERA) starts Tuesday night at Coors Field.

Rockies: RHP German Marquez (4-7, 5.13) is 0-2 with an 8.44 ERA in three starts this month.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see Nimmo bust out in front of his family and friends.

Maybe Callaway was right when he said "we're seeing signs that we're about to break out of this," or, for one night, he got lucky

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see Nimmo bust out in front of his family and friends.

Maybe Callaway was right when he said "we're seeing signs that we're about to break out of this," or, for one night, he got lucky

Props to Nimmo...he's been a nice surprise so far.
I'm happy for Jake too. He finally got something to show for a superb outing.

Do you also get the feeling like I do that's it's too bad they couldn't save and use some of those hits & runs from last night for their games tonight and tomorrow??

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well let's hope they prove us both wrong.

:thumb:

They have historically played well against the Rockies. There was a time when they had won about a dozen straight at Coors field. And they're terrible at home this year.

So, all that to say, tonight's game will probably end up 12-7, Rox

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have historically played well against the Rockies. There was a time when they had won about a dozen straight at Coors field. And they're terrible at home this year.

So, all that to say, tonight's game will probably end up 12-7, Rox

We shall see...tonight's pitching matchup actually favors the Mets somewhat... you just never know.

LGM!

Ugghhh.

Vargas couldn't even get out of the 3rd inning.

It's 10-6 Rox in the 7th.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets lose 10-8.

Mets vs. Rockies - Game Recap - June 19, 2018 - ESPN

TRAINER'S ROOM:

Mets: RHP AJ Ramos will have season-ending surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder, the team announced. Ramos had a 6.41 ERA in 28 appearances this season. ... OF Jay Bruce, who missed four of the previous five games because of right hip soreness, has been placed on the 10-day disabled list. "He was really hurting," manager Mickey Callaway said. "So we made the decision to go ahead and put him on the DL so we can get him right so he can be the impactful player that he can be." Callaway said Bruce was headed back to New York to be evaluated by team doctors and undergo an MRI. "We'll go from there, see what's going on exactly.

UP NEXT:

Mets: RHP Seth Lugo (2-2, 2.49 ERA) has gone 1-1 with a 3.00 ERA in his three starts this season... gets another start on Wednesday.

Rockies: RHP Chad Bettis (5-1, 4.65 ERA) makes his 15th start of the season and the seventh at home, where he has no decisions in six previous outings.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost nailed the final.

be great if we could actually win a series today

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost nailed the final.

be great if we could actually win a series today

Yep...you sure did.

*btw...it's a 4 game series....so we'd have to win today & tomorrow to win it, which would be awesome...but I'll gladly take the split.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*btw...it's a 4 game series....so we'd have to win today & tomorrow to win it, which would be awesome...but I'll gladly take the split.

Dang, I already gave us a 2-1 advantage in this one! I think I must have been counting one of the Arizona wins

Yes, let me downgrade my wish list to a split

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've mentioned it before but there's bad luck with injuries and then there's the Mets. It seems every year we have"terrible luck", at what point do we look at the medical/training staff? This is ridiculous. A handful of long term injuries throughout the year is expected but every season we have a dozen guys missing weeks at a time.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've mentioned it before but there's bad luck with injuries and then there's the Mets. It seems every year we have"terrible luck", at what point do we look at the medical/training staff? This is ridiculous. A handful of long term injuries throughout the year is expected but every season we have a dozen guys missing weeks at a time.

Didn't they get rid of Ray Ramirez, and do an overhaul of the med/training staff before this season began??

I'm not sure what the hell is going on with some of our players anymore...other than we just have too many players made of glass.
But what's really FUBAR is how decimated our farm system has become.
We no longer have reliable call ups waiting in the wings when needed.
That's a team killer.
It seems the pipeline is all but gone.

NY M*A*S*H

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was deja-vu all over again.
Mets lost by the same 10-8 score as they did on Tuesday.

The mets pitchers couldn't throw a shutdown inning when they needed to.
(3 different times) :L

Rockies hit 3 HRs to overcome shaky pitching

Mets vs. Rockies - Game Recap - June 20, 2018 - ESPN

TRAINER'S ROOM....

Mets: RHP A.J. Ramos had arthroscopic surgery on his right shoulder. ... Mets manager Mickey Callaway said the results of OF Jay Bruce's MRI revealed a right hip strain and the team will decide on a plan soon. ... RHP Noah Syndergaard (strained ligament in right index finger) threw before the teams took batting practice.

ROSTER MOVE....

Before the game, the Mets recalled RHP Chris Flexen from Triple-A Las Vegas and optioned RHP Hansel Robles to their top farm team.

UP NEXT....

In a matchup of left-handers, the Mets will send Steven Matz (3-4, 3.31 ERA) to the mound against Colorado hometown favorite Kyle Freeland (6-6, 3.59) in the finale of the four-game series Thursday afternoon.

Last edited: