• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NY Mets April 2017

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cespedes hurt in Mets' 6th straight loss, 7-5 to Braves

New York is on its longest skid since losing seven straight from June 17-24, 2015. The Mets have lost 10 of their last 11 games and at 8-13 dropped behind Atlanta into last place in the NL East, 8 games behind division-leading Washington.

But Fwiw...they did go on to win the NL pennant in 2015.

:thumb:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a nice dinner and a good book already picked out for this evening's enjoyment

I'll be meeting some friends for drinks & dinner around 5-ish...then we're off to see the Wayne Shorter Quartet at the SF Jazz center.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess I'll have to attend more Jazz concerts from now on....lol...that's a-ok with me....a win win.

The Wayne Shorter Quartet was amazing tonight.

Mets Finally Victorious.

Much needed to say the least.

It was the Travis d'Arnaud Show...and that guy Jake deGrom was pretty damn good too....

Mets vs. Nationals | 04/28/17

Jacob deGrom's 12 K's lead Mets over Nationals

Edgin saves Mets' 7-5 win over Nats as Harper hits into DP

New York Mets vs. Washington Nationals - Box Score - April 28, 2017 - ESPN

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey hey hey....Mets won again today.

:suds:

Today it was the Michael Conforto show..and that guy Jose Reyes seems to be coming around now..(about time)

:clap:

Two huge wins for the Mets to beat Max Scherzer yesterday and Stephen Strasburg today, as their season seemed on the brink of falling apart. Michael Conforto continues to rake with two home runs, including one off reliever Enny Romero, his first hit off a lefty this season.

The Mets used a pair of Michael Conforto homers and a parade of relievers to win their second straight over the Nats in DC, 5-3. Bryce Harper fanned three times for the second straight day, only the second time in his career that's happened, and Daniel Murphy went hitless for just the second time in 24 games against his former team.

Maybe they'll return the favor by completing the 3 game broom shaka laka laka tomorrow...

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said Saturday that it was unusual for a player to refuse an MRI, as Noah Syndergaard did Friday, but noted "I can't strap him down and throw him in the tube."

Syndergaard is scheduled to start Sunday after being pulled from his start Thursday with biceps and shoulder discomfort. Syndergaard was scheduled for an MRI on Friday, but after throwing a bullpen session, he said he felt great and ready to go against the Washington Nationals.

"I think I know my body best," Syndergaard told reporters. "I'm pretty in tune with my body, and that's exactly why I refused to take the MRI."

Syndergaard is 1-1 with a 1.73 ERA in four starts.

i

Noah Syndergaard explained his decision to refuse an MRI by saying he felt fine after a bullpen session.

Alderson talked at length Saturday about the Mets' flurry of injuries and said the team will look at its strength and conditioning programs to see if there are better ways to avoid injuries.

He also gave updates on several other injuries.

Alderson said an ultrasound on slugger Yoenis Cespedes "didn't reveal any significant damage" to his hamstring. The Mets put Cespedes on the 10-day disabled list Friday with a left hamstring strain. Cespedes, who has six home runs and 10 RBIs this season, had just returned to the lineup Wednesday after a nagging hamstring injury had sidelined him for three games.

The general manager said infielder Wilmer Flores, sidelined with a knee infection, is getting ready for a rehab game in the next day or two and should be close to returning to the Mets.

1B Lucas Duda (hyperextended left elbow) continued his rehab assignment on Friday for Single-A St. Lucie. He went 1 for 3 and is on pace to return on April 30.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reyes is back! Good work, FBI

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18