• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NXT Thread

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at some of the post here and surprised not see much NXT love. Takeover: Brooklyn and Takeover: London trump any PPV the WWE did do and will do all of last year and this year outside of Wrestlemania.

It's sad how NXT is suppose to be guys and girls training to be WWE Superstars and yet the product they put on, even with far less time than the WWE has, is just better. The Tag division in the NXT is way ahead of the WWE and likely will stay that way since the WWE would rather force feed us the same 2 or 3 tag teams each week with almost no build up to their matches. NXT has just mastered the philosophy of less is more. They can make you care about a Takeover Tag Title match with just a few well done segments on their 2 hour a week Network show.

I don't want to say much about the Diva's other than just watch Sasha Banks vs Bayley from Takeover: Brooklyn and Takeover: Respect. Then do yourself a favor and find some of the older Takeovers for Charlotte vs Sasha, Charlotte vs Bayley, and Sasha vs Charlotte vs Bayley vs Becky. The WWE brings these girls who put on show stealing matches for the past year and can't do anything with them. I mean I still remember Sasha Banks coming out to her contract signing with a big stamp labeled BOSS. She tossed away the pen and stamped her name down as the fans chanted "Like as Boss." The WWE simply can't create that same type of reaction with those girls.

I have to say as well the NXT fans constantly remind me of why I still watch and still love to be entertained by Pro Wrestling. They cheer for everyone and really make themselves a part of the show. I got to go to their Live event in Austin and it was better than any WWE PPV or RAW I've attended. The only thing I could see being better would be to turn back time and see an ECW show live or Wrestlemania itself. The next closes Live I've been at would be TNA Bound for Glory 06 which was Sting vs Jarret. At that time TNA was still very much loved by fans and we cheered everyone from the opening match til the end. When I go to RAW or a WWE PPV there is a lot of just sitting without much happening.

I also find the NXT announce team to be far better than Cole, Saxton, and JBL. That's not really saying much though as the RAW guys are just boring. They do so very little to ever call attention or help tell the story of the match because they're to concerned with trying to sale something that's already happened or going to happen. It's rather sad and really contributes to why our natural reaction is just to not care about anything past whatever the main story is at the time because that's all the show seems care about. I mean there will never be a team like Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan again. JR and Heyman were great though at selling the product and the matches though. Joey Styles was probably the greatest play by play man in the business. He along with the ECW crowd could sell you on a match were very little even happened.

Hopefully the WWE figures out one day but the product has not been the same since they went on the stock market. Vince has just been far to scared to take the chances his younger self would have because he now has to please more than just himself and fans. I hope they take a page out of NXT's book eventually though and start selling the overall product and not just a few of the wrestlers on the show while leaving the rest to just be a distractions and time killer. What's the point in a 3 hour show that only needed about an hour to accomplish it's goal? They need to manage their time better to get more people over to make the PPV's more impactful.

Anyway this most turned into my history of the sport, but if you're not watching it NXT is still the best part of the Network and worth the $9.99 a month when combined with the monthly PPV's.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really good but I admit I don't watch weekly. Most that is because I don't have the network and just use internet magic if I read there's a good show but still. Bayley vs Sasha was 2015's Match of the Year imo

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at some of the post here and surprised not see much NXT love. Takeover: Brooklyn and Takeover: London trump any PPV the WWE did do and will do all of last year and this year outside of Wrestlemania.

It's sad how NXT is suppose to be guys and girls training to be WWE Superstars and yet the product they put on, even with far less time than the WWE has, is just better. The Tag division in the NXT is way ahead of the WWE and likely will stay that way since the WWE would rather force feed us the same 2 or 3 tag teams each week with almost no build up to their matches. NXT has just mastered the philosophy of less is more. They can make you care about a Takeover Tag Title match with just a few well done segments on their 2 hour a week Network show.

I don't want to say much about the Diva's other than just watch Sasha Banks vs Bayley from Takeover: Brooklyn and Takeover: Respect. Then do yourself a favor and find some of the older Takeovers for Charlotte vs Sasha, Charlotte vs Bayley, and Sasha vs Charlotte vs Bayley vs Becky. The WWE brings these girls who put on show stealing matches for the past year and can't do anything with them. I mean I still remember Sasha Banks coming out to her contract signing with a big stamp labeled BOSS. She tossed away the pen and stamped her name down as the fans chanted "Like as Boss." The WWE simply can't create that same type of reaction with those girls.

I have to say as well the NXT fans constantly remind me of why I still watch and still love to be entertained by Pro Wrestling. They cheer for everyone and really make themselves a part of the show. I got to go to their Live event in Austin and it was better than any WWE PPV or RAW I've attended. The only thing I could see being better would be to turn back time and see an ECW show live or Wrestlemania itself. The next closes Live I've been at would be TNA Bound for Glory 06 which was Sting vs Jarret. At that time TNA was still very much loved by fans and we cheered everyone from the opening match til the end. When I go to RAW or a WWE PPV there is a lot of just sitting without much happening.

I also find the NXT announce team to be far better than Cole, Saxton, and JBL. That's not really saying much though as the RAW guys are just boring. They do so very little to ever call attention or help tell the story of the match because they're to concerned with trying to sale something that's already happened or going to happen. It's rather sad and really contributes to why our natural reaction is just to not care about anything past whatever the main story is at the time because that's all the show seems care about. I mean there will never be a team like Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan again. JR and Heyman were great though at selling the product and the matches though. Joey Styles was probably the greatest play by play man in the business. He along with the ECW crowd could sell you on a match were very little even happened.

Hopefully the WWE figures out one day but the product has not been the same since they went on the stock market. Vince has just been far to scared to take the chances his younger self would have because he now has to please more than just himself and fans. I hope they take a page out of NXT's book eventually though and start selling the overall product and not just a few of the wrestlers on the show while leaving the rest to just be a distractions and time killer. What's the point in a 3 hour show that only needed about an hour to accomplish it's goal? They need to manage their time better to get more people over to make the PPV's more impactful.

Anyway this most turned into my history of the sport, but if you're not watching it NXT is still the best part of the Network and worth the $9.99 a month when combined with the monthly PPV's.

I have found that 2. I went to a live Raw in Vancouver (August 4th 2003) and very much nothing to do. Went to Seattle for No Way Out 2009. After the Matches were over they just showed clips intros and promos. Nothing else.

As to NXT. It's great because they do something that the Main roster never does. They Listen to the fans. It seems like a 1970's and 1980's Territorial Promotion. I feel that ROH is the Same thing. I'd pay to see ROH in Vancouver or Seattle but it never (or rarely) seems to leave the Eastern side of the US.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Aries just showed up on NXT.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Aries just showed up on NXT.

Hopefully the Bullet Club is not far behind. I love the Demon gimmick with Balor but think it best he makes it up to the main roster without it. I think it would be great to have the Balor Club wreck havoc on NXT for a few short months here then just randomly show up on RAW one night and takeover similar to what the Nexus did. Go ahead and turn Balor into a major heel and retire the Authority for awhile. Then later down the road you have Balor turn face and bring back the Demon to destroy the Bullet Club like Sting vs nWo only this time with an ending.

I really think a smaller wrestler like Balor could get major heel heat as the leader of a group that's always protecting him. I mean Flair made career out of it with the Horsemen always there to bail him out. It made it that much better when he finally lost though.