• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nussmier???

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a given that the coaching staff at Michigan is done after this season, so if your Petersen do you go get Nuss and bring him back?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...some people give Nuss a hard time for his Michigan gig. But lets be honest. That place is a dumpster fire from the top down.

Nuss did fine here. He did great at BAMA. Won a title and Mccarron set some school records under his coaching. He took bama from the 20th scoring offense to the 12th his first year, dropped to 17th the next. Then he took over at Michigan. BAMAs currently 26th ranked in ppg under pretty boy.

I think he's the highest paid assistant in the country now though.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the theme of this thread is there has to be a change at OC. Any change.

If there is one person left that doesn't believe Smith is in way over his head they haven't been watching this team.

These kids look like you would expect them to look in spring after a coaching change. They aren't getting it and that's coaching. The play calling is abysmal. It's the kind of play calls you'd expect with someone picking up Madden for the first time. They have like 5 or 6 plays and it's all they use.

This staff has now had all of spring, all of fall, and 8 full games to develop this offense and the kids within their system. There is zero excuse for how bad they are.

Take their only one decent drive for example. That 3rd down play running Shaq out past the tackle. You gave it to him every down and thought maybe you'd surprise them on the outside?

It doesn't take much for us to sit here and design better plays. Put Ross in motion the other way and fake it to him at the very least.

Which reminds me, WHERE THE FUCK WAS ROSS AGAIN IN THIS GAME? Yes, I saw him get dropped once, but he just wasn't even out there much the entire game. Ross is the fastest guy on the field and inexcusably once again they do nothing to find ways of getting him the ball.

ROSS TOUCHED THE FUCKING BALL TWICE. TWICE! AGAIN! :gaah: Gave it to him once on a running play and passed it to him once. His one pass play was a blown up screen where he got two yards. His one run he went for 11 yards.

Games where Ross gets the ball they score points. Games where he doesn't they don't. SO WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY NOT GETTING HIM THE GOD DAMNED BALL?

Smith must go back to the WAC, or MWC, or some other lower conference. He can't coach, develop, game plan, or call plays at the major level. Fact.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith must go back to the WAC, or MWC, or some other lower conference. He can't coach, develop, game plan, or call plays at the major level. Fact.

ALL starts with the QB or lack of one in your teams case. Send him back to Oregon State, we need him there. My guy is a "sitting duck" in the pro offense "drop back pocket passer" right now.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...some people give Nuss a hard time for his Michigan gig. But lets be honest. That place is a dumpster fire from the top down.

Nuss did fine here. He did great at BAMA. Won a title and Mccarron set some school records under his coaching. He took bama from the 20th scoring offense to the 12th his first year, dropped to 17th the next. Then he took over at Michigan. BAMAs currently 26th ranked in ppg under pretty boy.

I'd pay him, they go out and recruit real pocket passing QB's, RB's, that are 6' 225 pounds, and wide outs that are 6'2" or taller were the can add more weight to their frames and run a pro offense. This spread, pistol is stupid. You can run a hurry up with a pro style......

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reading the last couple pages of the PAC thread, my thoughts went to Nuss. He's flat out one of the best QB developers on the planet and a major reason Locker and early Price reach that level of play.

Michigans woes this year are not his fault.

But here's the rub. While referred to us as our OC, his primary role was QB coaching and offensive recruiting. Sark still managed the offenses development and was lead OC when it came to game planning. He also determines and calls the plays during games.

But that being said, Nuss would be an instant upgrade at QB coach and OC.

Let's just see what happens the rest of the season before calling for the head of any of the coaches. Very disappointed in the state of our offense.

And as for next year, they better start getting the O functioning because were losing all our d playmakers and they aren't going to be able to keep us in these close games. If we can't put points on the board next year, the PAC is going treat us like a blow up doll. We also are losing Srs on the Oline too.

I'm interested to see if Carta- Samuels becomes the starter next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This spread, pistol is stupid. You can run a hurry up with a pro style......

You can, but why? It seems like there's this trend that everyone thinks you need to run an uptempo offense to be successful, and it's not the case. When 90% of your conference runs a hurry up offense isn't it an advantage to not? It drove me crazy when Sark switched to it last year. What advantage does it give you when you're playing an Oregon or ASU? The goal should be to keep really good and fast offenses off the field, not keep pace with them.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can, but why? It seems like there's this trend that everyone thinks you need to run an uptempo offense to be successful, and it's not the case. When 90% of your conference runs a hurry up offense isn't it an advantage to not? It drove me crazy when Sark switched to it last year. What advantage does it give you when you're playing an Oregon or ASU? The goal should be to keep really good and fast offenses off the field, not keep pace with them.

I wouldn't, ( I don't know why I typed that in there the first time)

Stanford runs a pro style and they have stayed true with it, oh and continue to score and win....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reading the last couple pages of the PAC thread, my thoughts went to Nuss. He's flat out one of the best QB developers on the planet and a major reason Locker and early Price reach that level of play.

Michigans woes this year are not his fault.

But here's the rub. While referred to us as our OC, his primary role was QB coaching and offensive recruiting. Sark still managed the offenses development and was lead OC when it came to game planning. He also determines and calls the plays during games.

But that being said, Nuss would be an instant upgrade at QB coach and OC.

Let's just see what happens the rest of the season before calling for the head of any of the coaches. Very disappointed in the state of our offense.

And as for next year, they better start getting the O functioning because were losing all our d playmakers and they aren't going to be able to keep us in these close games. If we can't put points on the board next year, the PAC is going treat us like a blow up doll. We also are losing Srs on the Oline too.

I'm interested to see if Carta- Samuels becomes the starter next year.

I'm not calling for anyone to be fired, I understand the whole head coach wanting "his guys" I live it everyday, my point with the thread is for the simple fact that the staff at Michigan will be gone so do you get aggressive here and go after Nuss now before someone else snags him...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not calling for anyone to be fired

I am lol...

I don't know that Petersen is the type to fire someone mid-season though. So I'm going to try real hard to not make head hunting Smith what this season is all about.

After Holt though it's difficult to not want to take action right now instead of waiting forever, and ever and ever... until a guy has a record setting performance in an infamous way... before taking any action.

Coach Pete is known not only for developing players, but good coaches as well, or so Ive heard. But I am not confident in his success concerning Smith and am not willing to sacrifice multiple seasons waiting on it...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a reason why he was shown the door at Alabama. He didn't do great, he was carried by talent and actually lost a couple of games for us with horrid play calling. Like the famous A&M game that won JFF the Heisman. We are in position to win the game, we have Eddie Lacy and the best O-Line in the country on the goal line. What does Nuss do? Pass, Pass, Pass and ends up in desperation and AJ throws a pick at the goal line.

He almost screwed us over in the Georgia/SECCG that year as well. Rumor is, Saban stepped on his neck during halftime and told him to run the ball.

And nobody has a clue why we didn't run Henry more in the Oklahoma game last year - even Oklahoma.

Michigan thought they "stole" him from us, but we don't allow coaches to make lateral moves unless it's wanted to happen. I agree you can't pin everything Michigan on him, but he wasn't great at Alabama either.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am lol...

I don't know that Petersen is the type to fire someone mid-season though. So I'm going to try real hard to not make head hunting Smith what this season is all about.

After Holt though it's difficult to not want to take action right now instead of waiting forever, and ever and ever... until a guy has a record setting performance in an infamous way... before taking any action.

Coach Pete is known not only for developing players, but good coaches as well, or so Ive heard. But I am not confident in his success concerning Smith and am not willing to sacrifice multiple seasons waiting on it...

I brought up the Holt thing the other day, but that is a different situation then what Petersen has going with Smith. Sark and Holt had no current relationship prior to them coming to Seattle, Petersen and Smith have been together, they know each other...

I guess my stance on this would be why not run a pro style, its worked for another head coach at UW for a lot of years, it produced wins, and the NFL was stocked with QB's, RB's, TE's and OL, go back to worked prior, if Smith can't coach a pro style then its time to make that move and see if you can get Nuss...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen and Smith have been together, they know each other....

For what, one year I think is all they had together at BSU. Did they share time at beiberville? I really don't know.

I honestly can look at the coaching change and think promoting Smith was a big mistake considering the little experience he had at the FBS level, and that experience wasnt anything to brag about.

An OC is a powerful position in CFB, especially if not under someone like Saban. :pound:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan thought they "stole" him from us, but we don't allow coaches to make lateral moves unless it's wanted to happen. I agree you can't pin everything Michigan on him, but he wasn't great at Alabama either.

Heya 4d. :suds:

Yeah. I don't know your team the way you do, and just look at raw numbers. I didn't quite understand the change at OC at BAMA, looked like it was working out great to me.

Some have said Nuss is a great QB coach and I agree with that. It's possible that he may indeed not be a great playcaller.

I'd be perfectly fine with him as QB coach and Coach Pete taking the reigns as OC for awhile. But I feel it's imperative to get Smith away from this team asap.

I do know he did well at UW in the past. So, works for me!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heya 4d. :suds:

Yeah. I don't know your team the way you do, and just look at raw numbers. I didn't quite understand the change at OC at BAMA, looked like it was working out great to me.

Some have said Nuss is a great QB coach and I agree with that. It's possible that he may indeed not be a great playcaller.

I'd be perfectly fine with him as QB coach and Coach Pete taking the reigns as OC for awhile. But I feel it's imperative to get Smith away from this team asap.

I do know he did well at UW in the past. So, works for me!

He's not the worst OC ever. He may even be an upgrade for you guys(don't know your current OC).

He's just not without faults. So don't expect him not to make some bad play calls or work miracles is all I'm saying. Either way, I hope you guys finally beat Oregon.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I hope you guys finally beat Oregon.

We play Oregon a lot more than you guys, obviously.

But I'll make an avi bet with you that BAMA beats Oregon before we do. :pound:

...or maybe I should have went with :L