• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nuk is leaving ...

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, I was hoping he'd stay. Good luck to this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I figured he would stay. Don't want to lose him, but can't be mad at him. Hope he makes it big in the NFL.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TigerIllustrated.com - Hopkins headed to the NFL

CLEMSON -- Clemson junior wide receiver Nuk Hopkins is - as expected - bound for the NFL. Hopkins sent out a tweet Thursday at 5:30 stating his intentions to forgo his senior season to enter the league.

Tigerillustrated.com

Nuk Hopkins will now begin preparing for this spring's NFL Draft.
Said Hopkins from his twitter feed: "It's been one hell of a ride Tiger nation but I'm taking my talents to the next level ... #NFL."

Wednesday, Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd announced his intentions to stay in school for another year. Boyd was at the team meeting on Tuesday, but Hopkins was not present at the meeting.

Hopkins wrapped up an outstanding junior season last week against LSU, helping Clemson to a 25-24 victory and an 11th win. The former Central - D.W. Daniel star finished the 2012 season with 82 catches for 1,405 yards and 18 touchdowns.

"It is tough to leave because this is my home, this is the place I wanted to play since I came out of the womb," said Hopkins in a prepared statement sent from Clemson's SID. "But, I feel it is best for me and my family to take my talents to NFL at this time."

Hopkins established Clemson career records for touchdown receptions (27), 100-yard receiving games (12), and total reception yards (3020). He is second in total receptions with 206 for his 39 career games. The 191-yard game in the Chick-fil-A Bowl was his sixth 100-yard game of the year, tying the Clemson single season mark. He caught at least one pass in each of his last 36 games to tie Jerry Butler's (1975-78) record.

"Nuk was a big reason we won 11 games and reached a final number-10 national ranking," said Head Coach Dabo Swinney. "We have had many talks and he feels it is the best thing for he and his family. I fully support him in his decision.

"He will make an outstanding professional. He has the best hands and ability to catch the ball in traffic I have seen in a long time. He has done a lot for this program and we wish him much success at the next level. We all look forward to following his progress."

The former four-star prospect was a second-team All-American selection in 2012.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good decision for Nuk. I hate to see him go, but honestly he didn't have a whole of things left to accomplish at the collegiate level. Combine that with his current draft stock (mid-late first to early second round) and I can't fault him at all for leaving. I just hope Sammy steps up and takes up the slack next season; poor guy never really got going this season.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yes.

:thumb:

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good decision for Nuk. I hate to see him go, but honestly he didn't have a whole of things left to accomplish at the collegiate level. Combine that with his current draft stock (mid-late first to early second round) and I can't fault him at all for leaving. I just hope Sammy steps up and takes up the slack next season; poor guy never really got going this season.

Sammy will have a monster year next season. Boyd will be back and so will most of the O-line, which means Boyd will throw to his his first option (Sammy) because he won't have time to go through his reads due to lack of protection.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy will have a monster year next season. Boyd will be back and so will most of the O-line, which means Boyd will throw to his his first option (Sammy) because he won't have time to go through his reads due to lack of protection.

:pound: