• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NSD

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finished top #25, just out of top #20 (sadly a little behind Vandy). Officially, this of course means nothing. The kids have to play and the coaches have to coach, but nice to see us land a few recruits and hopefully Butch can turn the program around. At least he has ah/o being able to win.

GBO!

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com 2013 Team Recruiting Rankings

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, you never know what you're gonna get outta these kids. Bama's had big timers do nothing then guys like Ingram (3*) Rashaad Johnson (Walk on) Javier Arenas (Offered by Bama & FIU), amongst others, go on to do big things.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certainly not UT fan but I would love to see them re-emerge as a contender and once again dominate 'Bama, Florida and LSU. It's past time but they have a long, long way to go.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certainly not UT fan but I would love to see them re-emerge as a contender and once again dominate 'Bama, Florida and LSU. It's past time but they have a long, long way to go.

We've had up and down times against UT but are 49-38 against them to this point, pretty close. It would be nice to get this rivalry back on track, lately I've went from hating them as much as awwbun to kinda feeling sorry for them.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care too much about recruiting or put much into it. I just wanna see wins on the football field. GBO!

Last edited by a moderator:

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The class TBH was a little disappointing to me. Thought that is largely my fault as I got caught up in the good news coming out of the OVs and UOVs and about the kids talking to highly about Butch and the Tennessee tradition and facilities and what not. And then to turn around and go a different route. I know recruiting is largely relationships but I was left feeling a little let down.

However, I am extremely impressed by Butch and his staff and the tireless work they have done in the 31 days of active recruiting. Just having us in the top 3 of guys like Lawson, Green, Bell, Levenberry etc... makes me feel quite positive about the future. I can't wait to see what the staff can do with a full year to devote to building those relationships.

But finally it all comes down to coaching. Like some of you pointed out, the star rating doesn't mean chit once the players are on the field. Its all about coaching the talent and performing on the field. Even though I have yet to see the product Butch and Co puts on the field, I am already much more hopeful than I ever was with Dooley.

As far as the major rivalries go, we always seem to wake up for the big game. Even last season we played all the big schools (FL, GA and AL) pretty well. The problem with last year was the pitiful defense largely due to the switch to the 3-4 and also the ineptitude of Sal. Hopefully the switch back to the 4-3 this year should be help. The other thing that killed us against the big boys last year was depth. We could play a good half but by the third quarter the boys were gassed and could do nothing. That will continue to be a problem I feel this year but hopefully the coaching will make up for it somewhat.