• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that the sisters of the poor portion of the schedule is over

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll find out what this team really is next week. They catch a bit of a break with the game starting late and cooler night temps, but the talent gap from these last 2 games goes away. On the road against a more talented team will show us UW fans what this team is made of.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game here for Wisconsin and I'll tell you why,

First, it's going to be hot as hell. I understand it gets hot everywhere. But this will be different. Next, ASU has never lost against a BIG-10 team at home in 13 trys. This probably is the best way to support the argument that it's a different type of heat. Also, Andersen is a good coach but he's new and still unproven. More often than not 1st year coaches have wrinkles that need to be ironed out.. I understand you still have talent but the system is new, the staff is new, the relationships are new, and the preparation will be different. I'll admit I don't know much about your QB other than the fact that there was a battle in camp.. Nevertheless, Sun Devil Stadium will be rocking, and he'll have to play big in his first big road game start.

However, we did struggke last year in one category that your fans may have noticed, Run Defense. Partly because of the attacking scheme we ran and partly because of the personnel we had. But I believe we are much improved in this category. Why? Because we shut out lowly Sac State? No. Because of one word. Depth. Last year we were one deep and that's it. It our boys went down (and they did) we struggled. Not this year. We recruited 6 Defensive Lineman. And 5 of them were transfers or JC kids.

I can continue but I'm getting tired and I'll give your fans a chance to respond :).

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7:30 pm mountain time, and a dry heat. The real adjustment will be to the smog.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players to watch:

ASU

DL: Will Sutton
DEVIL: Carl Bradford
QB: Taylor Kelly
RB: Marion Grice
RB/WR: DJ Foster
WR: Jalen Strong

Who should I be looking at from Wisconsin?

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, judging from Pac12 fans' predictions, we shouldn't even make the trip...we have no chance.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early lines I'm seeing are -4 to -5.5. Wisconsin definitely has a chance, but ASU has a really good team this year. It's early and hot, it's a blackout, it's a home game, it's a seasoned team with plenty of experience, it's a revenge game, we have soo many weapons on offense, we have most of the returners from a defense that was ranked #1 and #2 in tackles for a loss and sacks, the secondary looks even better than the #10 ranked pass defense in the nation last year, we have depth on the defensive line, our QB was one of the most efficient in the nation last year and he just threw 5 tds last game, we increased size and strength tremendously, we have a rb that has a darkhorse chance at the heisman this year, we are disciplined, we are hungry, and we have one of the best OC's in the league.

Those are just the facts.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was about 110 degrees on the turf in CR yesterday...the heat won't be as big of a factor as you think.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early lines I'm seeing are -4 to -5.5. Wisconsin definitely has a chance, but ASU has a really good team this year. It's early and hot, it's a blackout, it's a home game, it's a seasoned team with plenty of experience, it's a revenge game, we have soo many weapons on offense, we have most of the returners from a defense that was ranked #1 and #2 in tackles for a loss and sacks, the secondary looks even better than the #10 ranked pass defense in the nation last year, we have depth on the defensive line, our QB was one of the most efficient in the nation last year and he just threw 5 tds last game, we increased size and strength tremendously, we have a rb that has a darkhorse chance at the heisman this year, we are disciplined, we are hungry, and we have one of the best OC's in the league.

Those are just the facts.

We have more returning starts than you do from a team that has made three consecutive Rose Bowls. That is also a fact.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yea, I'm not saying that it won't be a tough road game.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have more returning starts than you do from a team that has made three consecutive Rose Bowls. That is also a fact.

Returning starters or starts?

Starters
Wisconsin: 14
Arizona State: 14

Starts
Wisconsin:?
Arizona State: ?

I'll count, but hoping you might have already done that..

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players to watch:

ASU

DL: Will Sutton
DEVIL: Carl Bradford
QB: Taylor Kelly
RB: Marion Grice
RB/WR: DJ Foster
WR: Jalen Strong

Who should I be looking at from Wisconsin?

These would be my picks

QB: Joel Stave- Honestly, for me, the jury is still out on him. I just want to see consistency from him. No more staring down receivers.

LB: Chris Borland- He's just a tackling machine, he should be all over the field making plays

RB: Melvin Gordon- He's a burner, should be a tough match up.

The entire offensive line- Not sure I completely buy into the dominance the first 2 weeks of the season, this will be a real test in a tough environment.

RB: Corey Clement- Future star.

TE: Jacob Pedersen- He's a valuable weapon that needs to be used, and can be a match up nightmare with his ability to stretch the field

DT: Beau Allen- He's the ideal nose for the 3-4, but he needs to have a big game in the heat.

Defensive backs- Honestly, this will be their fist big challenge. I look forward to seeing how they deal with it.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Returning starters or starts?

Starters
Wisconsin: 14
Arizona State: 14

Starts
Wisconsin:?
Arizona State: ?

I'll count, but hoping you might have already done that..

Entering the year:

Wisconsin= 304. Can't find Arizona State, but I know that I saw the list at some point. Georgia Tech was the only BCS conference bowl team ahead of us, and since ASU was a BCS conference bowl team, that obviously precludes you. I'll keep looking, though.

We also return the highest percentage of letterman of any BCS conference team.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point about JP. The Badgers are a much more dangerous team when they find their tight ends. Whatever happens, my guess is that we're going to see some pages of the playbook that we haven't seen in a while.

It's a little strange to see Stave stare down receivers. The thing I liked most about him last year was his ability to keep his eyes moving even when his primary was usually still Abby.