• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that all are in place, who are your top 10 coaches?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck does an established identity mean when there are mediocre results at play? 73-22?

Right now the only things we have to go off of are results. Whether season 1 or season 19.

Lincoln Riley is one of the winningest active FBS coaches today, easily top 5 in that regard.

He's proven to be an elite offensive mind after losing over 75% of his offensive production and still ranking a top 3 offense.

Quantity? Quality? :think:

Are you fucking retarded? David Shaw has a 73-22 record at Stanford. He doesn’t coach at a blue blood. Those results you talk about speak for themselves. An established identity at Stanford.

John Blake would have won 12 games with this OU team. You were absolutely stacked on offense. Your offensive line was basically intact with the qb. You lost two running backs and a receiver that excelled because of your offensive line. Stop acting like you lost 9 of 11 offensive starters from 2016.

An no, Lincoln Riley is not one of the winningest active coaches today. 12 wins doesn’t make you one of the winningest active coaches.

Stop being a homer jackass and wake up. I’ll Rerank him next year if he goes 10-2 in the regular season. Your defense is still dogshit so I don’t see that. Next year we’ll see if he is indeed the elite mind you think he is on offense.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, Ohio St was not an elite team last year no matter how much the Ohio St fan thinks it's the case.

You lost to Oklahoma which wasn't a bad loss really, but they were a playoff team only, not the best team.

And of course, there is the whole Iowa thing. Elite teams do not lose to bad teams, much less get BLOWN THE FUCK OUT by them at home. Elite teams don't even lose that bad to other elite teams.

He knows that, he said elite means top 3-4. That doesn't describe OSU last year

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking retarded? David Shaw has a 73-22 record at Stanford. He doesn’t coach at a blue blood. Those results you talk about speak for themselves. An established identity at Stanford.

John Blake would have won 12 games with this OU team. You were absolutely stacked on offense. Your offensive line was basically intact with the qb. You lost two running backs and a receiver that excelled because of your offensive line. Stop acting like you lost 9 of 11 offensive starters from 2016.

An no, Lincoln Riley is not one of the winningest active coaches today. 12 wins doesn’t make you one of the winningest active coaches.

Stop being a homer jackass and wake up. I’ll Rerank him next year if he goes 10-2 in the regular season. Your defense is still dogshit so I don’t see that. Next year we’ll see if he is indeed the elite mind you think he is on offense.
Fuck you in the neck hillbilly scum. :happy:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. Jimbo Fisher- Say what you will, but he's one of only 4 coaches with a natty

HM- Pat Fitzgerald(Done a great job at Northwestern, but I'd like to see what he could do with a bigger job)

I actually wanted A&M to make a run at him before they hired Jimbo. He has NW competitive in the B1G. They are not OSU, Penn ST, or UM but very respectable. I would have liked to see what he could do with the athletes, facilities, money, and support he would have gotten at A&M.

Now we have Jimbo for a decade. Hope you are right and he is top 4.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wanted A&M to make a run at him before they hired Jimbo. He has NW competitive in the B1G. They are not OSU, Penn ST, or UM but very respectable. I would have liked to see what he could do with the athletes, facilities, money, and support he would have gotten at A&M.

Now we have Jimbo for a decade. Hope you are right and he is top 4.

Much like Mullen at MSU, Fitzgerald has gotten Northwestern to its ceiling. He'll never have the athletes at NW to compete with the Ohio States and Penn States of the world, but he does the best with what he has to work with. Doesn't always translate to success at bigger programs, but I would take my chances.

And Jimbo was number 4 almost by default given he has a natty.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because he has a NC. It's kind of an AQ card.

I get that. Hope it means more than that though.

Otherwise this is my Saturday's in the fall........

giphy.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. Hope it means more than that though.

Otherwise this is my Saturday's in the fall........

giphy.gif

Based on the way Jimbo has been looking lately, he'll probably join you.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This clearly isn't going anywhere as usual. I just don't understand why you're holding other coaches on your list to a different standard?

Shaw is absolutely a top 10 coach. If he has another 9/10 win season, I won't think any differently.
So... still top 10?

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... still top 10?

I'll say possibly at the bottom of that top 10. Along with Duke, Stanford is the only P5 school that screws itself over with recruiting due to academic standards for admission even for athletes (though admittedly a lot lower standards than the regular student body). It's impressive to have sustained success with inferior athletes. I'm also just super impressed by USC last night. That QB Slovis looks significantly better than Daniels. USC has had a top 10 receiving corps (probably the best in the Pac) for a long time, but no one to give them the ball. He had a laser last night which let them make a lot of plays. They could be a dark horse for the conference, though I still like the Huskies. I don't think Stanford losing (though I don't like how the Cardinals gave up) necessarily means their coach sucks.

1. Dabo
2. Nick Saban
3. Chris Petersen
4. Kirby Smart
5. Jimbo Fisher
6. Lincoln Riley
7. Brian Kelly
8. Gary Patterson
9. Mike Leach
10. Either Dantonio or Shaw.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say possibly at the bottom of that top 10. Along with Duke, Stanford is the only P5 school that screws itself over with recruiting due to academic standards for admission even for athletes (though admittedly a lot lower standards than the regular student body). It's impressive to have sustained success with inferior athletes. I'm also just super impressed by USC last night. That QB Slovis looks significantly better than Daniels. USC has had a top 10 receiving corps (probably the best in the Pac) for a long time, but no one to give them the ball. He had a laser last night which let them make a lot of plays. They could be a dark horse for the conference, though I still like the Huskies. I don't think Stanford losing (though I don't like how the Cardinals gave up) necessarily means their coach sucks.

1. Dabo
2. Nick Saban
3. Chris Petersen
4. Kirby Smart
5. Jimbo Fisher
6. Lincoln Riley
7. Brian Kelly
8. Gary Patterson
9. Mike Leach
10. Either Dantonio or Shaw.
I've never said he sucks, I just thought he was wildly overrated. Still do. He's done a decent job, but that whole "academic standards" thing is BS. Every single year, Stanford has offers to boatloads of 4/5* kids, and they pull in a pretty decent amount of them, so acting like he doesn't have the talent is just stupid.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much longer before Chryst starts making a few lists?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is this, if Lincoln Riley called every school and told them he wanted to come there are exactly 2 that wouldn’t fire their coach immediately. The other 2 would want to put him on retainer for a couple years if he would do it. Straight up facts. And you can add pretty much every NFL team to that list as well.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is this, if Lincoln Riley called every school and told them he wanted to come there are exactly 2 that wouldn’t fire their coach immediately. The other 2 would want to put him on retainer for a couple years if he would do it. Straight up facts.

Facts are supposed to be true.

Dabo and Saban obviously wouldn't trade, and why would Georgia fire a coach that has beaten Lincoln Riley on the big stage, and out recruits him every year?