• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now it's time to watch a real football team play

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this bad Florida team absolutely destroy this really bad Iowa team really puts into perspective how extremely bad we are. Specifically on Defense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean......we gave up 40 to this anemic glob....

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just sitting here thinking, is there really any way to know just how bad we suck. It just gets worse and worse. A lot worse then just personnel.
It seems like something died in that game against Wisconsin and what is so bad is that was probably our best game all year.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how similar this season was to a Bop season.

9 wins, 4 losses.

No quality wins. Lost all the big games. Got blown out in a couple of them setting Defensive records along the way.

Maybe.....just maybe it is all about the level of talent we have. I will admit, Tennessee was more talented across the board and it was easy to see. Iowa, however, is not that much more talented.

Again I'm left wondering what in the fuck is truly going on. Confusion. Weirdness. Just like a Bop team.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long does it take to turn a program/culture around? Like what do you guys consider to be realistic?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to wonder if we can ever turn the corner without cheating.

The recruiting rankings really have never lied. The more 3-star guys you get, the more you gravitate towards the top 25 boundary. Mediocrity I believe is the word.

We need to get to the point where we have double digit 4-star kids in a single class. That's what the big boys do. If Penn State can do it we sure as shit should be able to.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long does it take to turn a program/culture around? Like what do you guys consider to be realistic?

Penn State did it fairly quickly.

But I believe a good staff can do it in 3 years. You get some of your young recruits in there and by that time you have found out how to use the talent that you already have.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, it's not all about recruiting. Take USC here for example, they've underachieved and then some in recent years with top ranked recruits across the board.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should see it turning next year.
I already said I am not making a judgment until then but it's hard. It's damn hard.
Things that are not related to talent were red flags.
Lack of emotion, lack of desire to win, lack of pride. Those are all intangibles but it seemed to me that the losses are taken to easily.
And tackling, dadgummit, if that tackling is a result of the rugby style tackling they adopted then get rid of it. Take a chance on getting targeting but tackle some mother fuckers.
AND THAT GOT WORSE AS THE YEAR WENT ON ENDING UP AT SIMPLY PATHETIC AGAINST TENNESSEE.

I don't get to hire or fire but I do get to judge. I will withhold it until next year but from what I can see right now I will be surprised if a change of talent changes anything.
When Riley was hired I said I would judge on two things, being embarrassed on the field and being embarrassed on the sideline.
Last year even with the record I walked away happy.
This year, two blow outs and a complete lack of emotion from the players and staff. Not feeling good.

edit: 3 blow outs. Our no show defense in nashville was their worst showing all year.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year three won't be a total rebuild but we'll know barring unforeseen circumstances such as changing conferences.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't get me wrong. I want Riley to do it. I think he is the perfect personality. Amiable, open, honest but business like enough to know what the end result has to be.
He's shown the boy's club doesn't meet at UNL. You come there to work not talk about how long you've known each other. Now he has to get that mindset to the players.
You come to play or go somewhere else.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sitting here talking to myself like JJM :heh:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who is rooting against Riley can get the hell out as far as I'm concerned.

Same went for anyone who rooted against Bop.....or Callahan. You always hope for the best.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit after that Iowa game when BoP thought he was gone and tried to lose the game I was disgusted at the sight of him. Never ever wanted to lose a game though.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't get me wrong. I want Riley to do it. I think he is the perfect personality. Amiable, open, honest but business like enough to know what the end result has to be.
He's shown the boy's club doesn't meet at UNL. You come there to work not talk about how long you've known each other. Now he has to get that mindset to the players.
You come to play or go somewhere else.
I don't think many people are rooting against Riley (although there are for sure a a couple). I just think sometimes we have unrealistic expectations. Look at the depth chart (or lack thereof). If we are still seeing the same issues in year 3 or 4, then it is time to reassess. Until then, it is unrealistic to expect us to all of a sudden be this top team in CFB. This staff has excellent organization, has shown a willingness to think outside the box (Billy Devaney), has a system and is recruiting to it, and has shown a willingness to part with weak links. The pieces are in place for them to have success, but running them out of town as the machine is getting into motion could set us back another 5-10 years.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many people are rooting against Riley (although there are for sure a a couple). I just think sometimes we have unrealistic expectations. Look at the depth chart (or lack thereof). If we are still seeing the same issues in year 3 or 4, then it is time to reassess. Until then, it is unrealistic to expect us to all of a sudden be this top team in CFB. This staff has excellent organization, has shown a willingness to think outside the box (Billy Devaney), has a system and is recruiting to it, and has shown a willingness to part with weak links. The pieces are in place for them to have success, but running them out of town as the machine is getting into motion could set us back another 5-10 years.

Yea. They're all Bopper fanatics.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one's running them out of town. The last half of this year was beyond disappointing though. We had talent to do better then we did. It seems to me something behind the scenes happened. Perhaps it was only injuries, I don't know but this season was a step back from last regardless of the W column.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing 5 years. I'd give him four if things don't start to turn next year but the last thing Eichorst will want is for him to fail.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not looking for a top team right now but Iowa should have never happened.