• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame willing to negotiate the exit of Brian Kelly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 bad season doesnt erase all the other season. Letting him go now makes sense because of keeping BVG around and having a bad year. Saying to let him go a couple of years ago makes no sense and shows you were wrong because of what he did do for ND.

Im ok with letting Kelly go but he deserves 1 more season.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because you are wrong. He took us to a NC game and went to Fiesta bowl and beat LSU. So yes u deserve the shit. LOL

i believe i said a couple years ago. not 5 tears ago. but hey, it's ok. you'll give me shit no matter what. :rolleyes2:

*lsu? unranked lsu from 2014? some fans are so easy to please :)

Last edited:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 bad season doesnt erase all the other season. Letting him go now makes sense because of keeping BVG around and having a bad year. Saying to let him go a couple of years ago makes no sense and shows you were wrong because of what he did do for ND.

Im ok with letting Kelly go but he deserves 1 more season.

well, what he did was put the program back years, cost some good players and hurt the players he had/has. i don't wait for my fenders to fall off before i realize it's time for a new car.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, what he did was put the program back years, cost some good players and hurt the players he had/has. i don't wait for my fenders to fall off before i realize it's time for a new car.
No he brought the program back. Do you remember where this program was with Weis, Davie and Willingham. I guess you forgot those 15 or so years. LOL

Like I said Kelly has done a lot more positive then negative. In all honestly he deserves another year. Now dont get me wrong he SCREWED up BIG time this year. Very poor job. thats why Im also ok if he gets replaced this year.

Overall Im ok with both keeping him 1 more year(needs a big time DC to come) or if he leaves the program.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he brought the program back. Do you remember where this program was with Weis, Davie and Willingham. I guess you forgot those 15 or so years. LOL

Like I said Kelly has done a lot more positive then negative. In all honestly he deserves another year. Now dont get me wrong he SCREWED up BIG time this year. Very poor job. thats why Im also ok if he gets replaced this year.

Overall Im ok with both keeping him 1 more year(needs a big time DC to come) or if he leaves the program.

you're having a hard time focusing. yes, he brought them back from some real bad times. does that give him a pass for being a lousy field manager now? or the past 2 or 3 years?
i'm talking about AFTER the glory years you can't get off your mind, purguy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're having a hard time focusing. yes, he brought them back from some real bad times. does that give him a pass for being a lousy field manager now? or the past 2 or 3 years?
i'm talking about AFTER the glory years you can't get off your mind, purguy.
What glory years. Im talking about now. Talking about Kelly as coach. We just went to the Fiesta Bowl. LOL We just beat LSU 2 years ago. This isnt glory years im talking about.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What glory years. Im talking about now. Talking about Kelly as coach. We just went to the Fiesta Bowl. LOL We just beat LSU 2 years ago. This isnt glory years im talking about.

round and round we go.

lsu was nothing 2 years ago, so big deal! by the 'glory years' i'm referring to 2012.

i think this horse is dead.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think that with a different DC from the start of the season this team would have been playing in a bowl game instead of having a losing season. That is the biggest blunder of Kelly's tenure as coach everyone could see the guy needed to go but Kelly did nothing and cost this team. Now the other issue was the loss of players in the secondary to suspension and injury. I can help but feel Notre Dame's secondary would have been at least a good unit with Watkins, Crawford, Redfield, and either Tranquill or Studstill as the primary starters and either Butler or Luke as a nickle CB. They ended up playing a lot of true freshmen in the secondary which did hurt them most of the season the only silver lining is that they have in game experience now and will hopefully get better for next season. The second huge issue is the utter lack of pressure on the QB they haven't been able to get any under VG or at least not this season. Finally they were tackling poorly and not making plays in the running game which continued even after VG was fired but did improve. I'm no coach but I have to believe his scheme was making these kids over think things and make mistakes but I could be wrong. They haven't recruited much for pass rushers in this class the only real hope is Hayes and Kareem who were freshman this year and had little impact on things.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so they fire BK, who coaches this team? I am starting to feel that coaches don't want to coach here. When you get turned down by some of the better coaches, it has to make you think. ND was once a dream job for many, many coaches out there...NOW, its like meh.....ND had no shot at Herman this yr. IF ND wants Herman or one of these up and coming coaches, they have to be at least a year (or two) earlier than any of these other "power" schools. ND will not beat out the likes of Texas, LSU and so on for coaches. I am almost certain that the academics at ND is a huge sticking point with a lot of these coaches. Sure they want their players to get good grades, but face it, they are football coaches and they want to win games. You can't do that with out the top players. ND is about academics first and football 2nd, and that is fine.

IMO, they have an up an coming coach in Sanford. I would rather give him a shot now with a much better DC, then lose him over the next 2 yrs because you spent to much $$ on BK and you don't want to pay him. Life as a Domer fan....always remember that football comes second.......GO IRISH!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so they fire BK, who coaches this team? I am starting to feel that coaches don't want to coach here. When you get turned down by some of the better coaches, it has to make you think. ND was once a dream job for many, many coaches out there...NOW, its like meh.....ND had no shot at Herman this yr. IF ND wants Herman or one of these up and coming coaches, they have to be at least a year (or two) earlier than any of these other "power" schools. ND will not beat out the likes of Texas, LSU and so on for coaches. I am almost certain that the academics at ND is a huge sticking point with a lot of these coaches. Sure they want their players to get good grades, but face it, they are football coaches and they want to win games. You can't do that with out the top players. ND is about academics first and football 2nd, and that is fine.

IMO, they have an up an coming coach in Sanford. I would rather give him a shot now with a much better DC, then lose him over the next 2 yrs because you spent to much $$ on BK and you don't want to pay him. Life as a Domer fan....always remember that football comes second.......GO IRISH!!!
If you guys are up for Rowing The Boat, I'm sure there's a 36 year old who would take the job.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do kind of want him, but his resume scares me a little.
He's a weird guy. But a lot of energy, excellent recruiter, MidWest thru and thru and he'll never throw a player under the bus or embarrass a school with his temper and actions on a sideline.

He prolly wouldn't come off as such a weirdo at a school with a winning tradition. But he has kinda always seemed like he's starting a cult, not coaching football. It's nice to win, but I'm ready to see him move onward and upward. ND would be a great place for that imo.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleck from Western Michigan he would be on a short list of candidates for the job.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so ND sucked but penn state was a pleasant surprise winning the big ten. made my wife extremely happy! doubt they make the final four tho.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so ND sucked but penn state was a pleasant surprise winning the big ten. made my wife extremely happy! doubt they make the final four tho.

I doubt it too they really needed Clemson or Washington to lose and then I think they would have gotten in.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think that with a different DC from the start of the season this team would have been playing in a bowl game instead of having a losing season. That is the biggest blunder of Kelly's tenure as coach everyone could see the guy needed to go but Kelly did nothing and cost this team. Now the other issue was the loss of players in the secondary to suspension and injury. I can help but feel Notre Dame's secondary would have been at least a good unit with Watkins, Crawford, Redfield, and either Tranquill or Studstill as the primary starters and either Butler or Luke as a nickle CB. They ended up playing a lot of true freshmen in the secondary which did hurt them most of the season the only silver lining is that they have in game experience now and will hopefully get better for next season. The second huge issue is the utter lack of pressure on the QB they haven't been able to get any under VG or at least not this season. Finally they were tackling poorly and not making plays in the running game which continued even after VG was fired but did improve. I'm no coach but I have to believe his scheme was making these kids over think things and make mistakes but I could be wrong. They haven't recruited much for pass rushers in this class the only real hope is Hayes and Kareem who were freshman this year and had little impact on things.
This...I was really shocked at the ND defense and was surprised that Kelly stuck with VanGorder as long as he did. I also think the QB situation was not helpful. I've never been a fan of a team starting a season without the starting QB being firmly in place. I haven't followed ND as closely as many of you have, but has BK made enemies within the ND alumni and athletic department that people are willing to give him a big payout to see him leave?