• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame - Syracuse POST GAME DISCUSSION

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually won... defense still sucks but we had some good plays.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some hard truths. We were kinda shitty today. Syracuse was more shitty.

The offense was productive but made too many mistakes. Should have hung 70 on this defense.

Our defense was terrible save the third quarter. Still can't tackle. Still can't take good angles.

Despite Cuse getting the ball out fast there was more pressure instead of stupid blitzes that never got home.

They still look like a team that has given up.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys didn't expect the defense to change much in 1 week, did you?

Offense is good enough to outscore a lot of teams, I think we knew this coming into the season. We should beat NC St. and Stanford isn't that good.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys didn't expect the defense to change much in 1 week, did you?

Offense is good enough to outscore a lot of teams, I think we knew this coming into the season. We should beat NC St. and Stanford isn't that good.
This. Except Stanford is a tough team, as in strength. And we struggle against strong teams.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still look like a team that has given up.
I didn't watch the game as I was helping remodel my buddy's mom's home. What gives you that impression? Not saying I don't believe you, just curious. It looks as if the defense maybe has...to start the season. ;)

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Except Stanford is a tough team, as in strength. And we struggle against strong teams.

Their O-Line isn't as good as it has been in the past but then again our defensive line isn't that good either so we'll see.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was glad to see the defense playing with a little more enthusiasm than the previous 4 games.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the game as I was helping remodel my buddy's mom's home. What gives you that impression? Not saying I don't believe you, just curious. It looks as if the defense maybe has...to start the season. ;)
Just didn't strike me as high energy. The offense had chances to put them away.

The punt coverage was awful. Too many patty cake tackles.

Defense came around a bit in the second half but the way they collapsed to end the first half just had that inevitability of failure about it

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is... Notre Dame is a team that is going to rebuild in the next 2 years but until then we will be awful.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is... Notre Dame is a team that is going to rebuild in the next 2 years but until then we will be awful.
I think with the right coaching moves they can turn it around in a year. A lot of youth on both sides of the ball.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same story…. Offense was great the D sucked. ESB is becoming a star. Kizer making great throws. D at least made some stops. Yeah We won't see a real change on D until after maybe the bye week.

Overall this team isn't good but lets hope we can pull out a couple of wins here.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can rebuild next year with the right DC. I have a feeling we will have a lot of Frosh and Soph starting new year.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SU D is just simply not D1 material. My guess is no matter how much SU scored, ND would score more. You guys only hung 50 because that's all that was required. But the ND defense is terrible for the studs on the roster. I'm assuming kelly will get that fixed. But it's going to take a few weeks.

SU's O is just as much gimmick as anything, but at least there are some skills on that side of the ball. There's hope for my boys ... say in 3 or 4 years. If Babers sticks around.

Good game yesterday.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SU D is just simply not D1 material. My guess is no matter how much SU scored, ND would score more. You guys only hung 50 because that's all that was required. But the ND defense is terrible for the studs on the roster. I'm assuming kelly will get that fixed. But it's going to take a few weeks.

SU's O is just as much gimmick as anything, but at least there are some skills on that side of the ball. There's hope for my boys ... say in 3 or 4 years. If Babers sticks around.

Good game yesterday.
As a former upstater it depresses me how far SU has fallen as a program. This is not the football team of my youth. As an ND fan though I am happy with the win. If it weren't for my family's love of ND, I'd be a Cuse fan. I hope Babers succeeds.

But our defense is atrocious and I don't think ND will get it solved this season. The first step is to simplify things to let our athletes make plays.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a former upstater it depresses me how far SU has fallen as a program. This is not the football team of my youth. As an ND fan though I am happy with the win. If it weren't for my family's love of ND, I'd be a Cuse fan. I hope Babers succeeds.

But our defense is atrocious and I don't think ND will get it solved this season. The first step is to simplify things to let our athletes make plays.

I do think they can improve by season's end but that doesn't mean they are great, but with the offense they have they don't have to be great just average to slightly below average would lead to winning many of the games left on the schedule.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the defense the 2nd half wasn't bad. Got a few quarterback hurries, got some 3 and outs, played like they cared more. Little better showing some enthusiasm. Someone needs to step up and be a leader at each level and they don't.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Morgan. Guy has played well. He is no Smith but the kid can play. Problem he isnt getting much help from the other LBs. When the guy leads the D in tackles and sacks someone else needs to help him out.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this offense if primed for the future again. Once this OL gets its shit right, we should be OK. Also have some good OL recruits coming in. WR is looking good for the future. Some big, fast WR out there. RB is going to be solid.

I expect DK to leave after this yr. If he is graded as a top QB, he is gone. To much pressure on this kid because he feels he has to score every time. When he dsn't score or makes a mistake, psycho BK is all red faced screaming at him. This kid is thinking "fuck this". He is making mistakes because he is trying to hard to make plays.

Defensive side....IDK. These CB/S/DL are just not good enough. Maybe it's the system, maybe not. I am going to see how these guys play under someone new. I honestly think ND needs to go out and get a future/upcoming/young DC who can recruit. It has to be done. I have no clue who that is (maybe you do), but this is what is missing from ND at this current time.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Morgan. Guy has played well. He is no Smith but the kid can play. Problem he isnt getting much help from the other LBs. When the guy leads the D in tackles and sacks someone else needs to help him out.

IMO. Morgan is their best Def player.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone leaves early for the NFL it doesn't bother me like it did this year. Wimbush is supposed to be awesome. Loss of Hunter is no biggie at receiver. Jones will be back at T.E. Adams and Williams back at running back. Defense will obviously lose no one of significance as it seems.