• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NOTRE DAME @HOME 9/7/2013

Steve0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Not trying to overlook CMU; But breaking down ND in week #2 @home.

WHAT WE KNOW: ND
  • TAO IS GONE
  • GOLSTON= GONE FOR NOW
  • SECONDARY = YOUNG AND CAN BE EXPLIOTED WITHOUT THE LINEBACKERS BAILING THEM OUT
  • BRIAN KELLY = TURNS A NICE SHADE OF RED WHEN ANGRY!
KEYS: U OF M
  • RUN THE BALL EARLY WITH MULTIPLE RB'S
  • GET FUNCHESS INVOLVED
  • NEED TO EXPLOIT THE SECONDARY, OVER THE MIDLLE = GALLON
  • KEEP GARDNER UPRIGHT
DO NOT GIVE ND FILM TO STUDY BY POUNDING THE ROCK VS CMU!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting game. Our secondary needs to just be solid and I think we'll be OK. Shut down the pass and I don't think ND is going to have much success running on us.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't turn the ball over 6 times...

maize77blue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I know we will beat ND this year. Only thing I am worrying about is our interior of our offense line against the defensive tackles. I don't think we will have 6 turnovers this year plus our secondary will be stronger than last year even with losing Kovacs.
Just stay strong, and only 27 more days until the start of football. LET'S GO BLUE!!!!

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the biggest concern against ND will be pass protection... they will have one of the best d-lines in college football while we're starting 3 new linemen on the interior. I would be more confident if that game was towards the end of the year when our line would be gelling better. I am expecting this to be the last year of rebuilding.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else think Hand commits after this game? He already is leaning heavily towards Michigan, and seeing that kind of atmosphere has good chance of sealing the deal.

As for the game itself, with both Te'o and Golsen gone I like Michigan's chances.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else think Hand commits after this game? He already is leaning heavily towards Michigan, and seeing that kind of atmosphere has good chance of sealing the deal.

As for the game itself, with both Te'o and Golsen gone I like Michigan's chances.

Hand just released his announcement date: November 14th.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saw that, well Under the Lights still could play huge in his decision. Though the fact that he has pick a date make me think he has a school in mind, just wants to be sure.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that, well Under the Lights still could play huge in his decision. Though the fact that he has pick a date make me think he has a school in mind, just wants to be sure.

From all accounts, that school is very likely us. At this point it seems like he's chosen, has picked a date to announce but wants to visit a few places just to make sure. I think the relationship he has with some of our other recruits is huge and might be the reason, if we get him, that we did land him.

Also, if he commits - I may poop my pants.

Coyote57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thrilled with the possiblilty of Hand, but for some reason I think getting him or Malik w/out the other would be slightly deflating. Maybe making too much of this - certainly have no evidence other than my gut - I kinda feel the synergy of Hand and Malik combined would be greater than just what each brings to the table individually added together.

Hmmmm.... not sure that last sentence is saying what I intend, but hopefully the idea comes across.

Anyone else think that these two belong on the same DL together?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thrilled with the possiblilty of Hand, but for some reason I think getting him or Malik w/out the other would be slightly deflating. Maybe making too much of this - certainly have no evidence other than my gut - I kinda feel the synergy of Hand and Malik combined would be greater than just what each brings to the table individually added together.

Hmmmm.... not sure that last sentence is saying what I intend, but hopefully the idea comes across.

Anyone else think that these two belong on the same DL together?

I think everyone shares some of the same skepticism. For one, it's recruiting so you really never know what's going to happen until a kid signs on the dotted line. Even then things can go south before they actually get on campus. Secondly, I think Michigan fans, to some extent, aren't used to recruiting going THIS well. We've had five star players before but we've never had this many five star players commit in such a short amount of time. We've always recruited classes that end up in the top 15, but there were teams that we used to envy, like USC in the early 2000's, that would stock pile five star recruits in a class. The concept of that is relatively new to Michigan fans still.

If we can pull off Hand, that would mean we're likely going to have 3 classes in a row with multiple five star kids in them. And with Malik, he's got a shot at a fifth star so adding both would mean we would have 3 five star kids. Coming from a few years ago when we were just trying to get 4 star kids to commit to RR, it's pretty unbelievable that we have a shot at a recruiting class like this.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hand and McDowell, most likely, will be donning the Maize and Blue but don't sleep on Taco, Wormley, PeeWee, Henry, Poggi, Hurst, Marshall and Mone. The DLine will be big, bad, ugly and deep for years to come.

Keisean Lucier-South (2015) out of SoCal has named Michigan an early favorite.