• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame Football Trip

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm looking for advice when making a trip to a Notre Dame football game. Looking for advice on where to stay, places to go the night before and anything else you think would help. It's a dudes trip, but we are all in our 30's so we aren't just looking for the cheapest place. I appreciate any advice you guys have. We are looking at the ND/VA Tech game.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm looking for advice when making a trip to a Notre Dame football game. Looking for advice on where to stay, places to go the night before and anything else you think would help. It's a dudes trip, but we are all in our 30's so we aren't just looking for the cheapest place. I appreciate any advice you guys have. We are looking at the ND/VA Tech game.

Honestly, ND is 90 miles from Chicago. If it's a guy trip, stay Friday night in Chicago, then drive over to the game Saturday morning. Drive back after the game (you gain an hour) and celebrate the win in Chicago.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, ND is 90 miles from Chicago. If it's a guy trip, stay Friday night in Chicago, then drive over to the game Saturday morning. Drive back after the game (you gain an hour) and celebrate the win in Chicago.

Is South Bend not a fun place to go out or do you just prefer Chicago?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is South Bend not a fun place to go out or do you just prefer Chicago?
Accommodations are hard to come by in S. Bend on a gameday weekend. A lot of people end up staying a few towns away and commuting in anyway. Might as well go big. Shouldn't be a problem in Chicago, and the nightlife is bigger and goes later.

That's not to say there aren't places to hit up in S. Bend that are considered part of the gameday experience. I think its just a preference.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to hijack the thread but I am planning on going to see the ND-Navy game in Jacksonville. My parents live in SC and it will be a good commute for them as well. I thought it would be great for my boys and my dad to go. My mom got jealous so I had to buy her a ticket too.

Seeing a game in S. Bend with my dad is still on the bucket list, but this will have to do for now.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to hijack the thread but I am planning on going to see the ND-Navy game in Jacksonville. My parents live in SC and it will be a good commute for them as well. I thought it would be great for my boys and my dad to go. My mom got jealous so I had to buy her a ticket too.

Seeing a game in S. Bend with my dad is still on the bucket list, but this will have to do for now.

How old is he?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went to a game with my pa quite a few years ago and my dad was probably about as old as your father is right now. I am thankful we got a chance to do that. I just looked at the game program the other day. To steal a line from Bo Jackson, " just do it. ".

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to Chicago, but I'm heading up to watch the Duke game. I haven't squared away a place to stay yet. Any suggestions?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to Chicago, but I'm heading up to watch the Duke game. I haven't squared away a place to stay yet. Any suggestions?

Gary, IN

Nice and cheap

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! One of my crew is checking into a friend that lives near there as a possibility. Know any great restaurants in Gary or South Bend?

Don't go to Gary lol

But you can find something in Merrillville and drive right over to South Bend, that is, if you're completely sold that you're not going to Chicago.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't go to Gary lol

But you can find something in Merrillville and drive right over to South Bend, that is, if you're completely sold that you're not going to Chicago.

We haven't completely ruled it out. We will stay at a hotel and take a taxi to the game, so anything is still possible. I have family in Fort Wayne even.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't completely ruled it out. We will stay at a hotel and take a taxi to the game, so anything is still possible. I have family in Fort Wayne even.
Ft Wayne is only bout an hour and a half from SB. Real simple drive. But so is Merrillville. Guess it depends on whether you want to pay to stay or not. I travel to Ft Wayne often. There's some decent restaurants there. Don Hall's Gas House, although sounding unappealing, is a good spot.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. And most of the windows in establishments have nice bars on them for safety purposes. ;)
hope things are going well, glad to see you back Micro.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hope things are going well, glad to see you back Micro.
Things are good. Just took some time off. Got married and had a daughter. Life is more hectic now. ;) Thanks bro.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't go to Gary lol

Meh Gary isn't even that bad anymore, all the gangbangers killed everyone off, including themselves lol.