• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not sure what’s happened around here, but

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this negativity before a single game has been played is just fucking laughable. As a die-hard Redskins fan for over 40 years, I’ve never experienced this type of antagonistic behavior from our fan base, at least in person that is. This resentment doesn’t happen when watching or talking Redskins football with other groups of our fans publicly...EVER.

I’ll bet most here, actually used to watch the football game with other people. Either at a friends house, the stadium or wherever, but in person sharing fellowship, and love of this team. Not sit in front of a computer and ridicule, mock or make fun of the team you allegedly like. Times have definitely changed.

But not for me, I’m just a Washington Redskins football fan. I’ll continue to post on the general board or in person keep Cowboy fans in check (all in good fun of course), call a spade a spade, and certainly have no problem calling a troll a MF’r or another one of my other favorite cuss words when they deserve it (all in good fun of course).

This die-hard Redskins fan is looking forward to the season, watching the 2017 Redskins team with friends, family and even foes. Most in here need to look in the mirror and find something that makes you happy Sundays, because the absolute trash I’ve been reading on this team site board lately is HOG wash…BTW, GO HOGS 2.0

Adios, and HTTR my brothers and sisters, it’s good to be a Redskins fan…at least it is when you are surrounded by fans of this team that are full of enthusiasm on game day. Go find you some, it will do your Burgundy and Gold soul some good.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - this will either change or some folks opinions will be validated in the coming weeks. I choice to withhold all judgment until at least the end of Sept.

This mindset is kind of a reflection of this era. Everyone likes to decide things immediately & folks put a lot of stock into BS like Twitter posts (which are basically not a lot more than what is posted here). Drawing conclusions from the preseason is a joke. Honestly - I wish that the preseason would be reduced to 1 or 2 games & mainly not involve starters - it is becoming a joke.

Like your spirit. HTTR

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look , i dont drink the damn kool aid . we have issues , we are building , and we have been taking steps back this off season

hope we do well for sure but i dont see a need to proclaim my intentions to post on other boards . just do it and be done with it .

no issue with what you want to do

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this negativity before a single game has been played is just fucking laughable. As a die-hard Redskins fan for over 40 years, I’ve never experienced this type of antagonistic behavior from our fan base, at least in person that is. This resentment doesn’t happen when watching or talking Redskins football with other groups of our fans publicly...EVER.

I’ll bet most here, actually used to watch the football game with other people. Either at a friends house, the stadium or wherever, but in person sharing fellowship, and love of this team. Not sit in front of a computer and ridicule, mock or make fun of the team you allegedly like. Times have definitely changed.

But not for me, I’m just a Washington Redskins football fan. I’ll continue to post on the general board or in person keep Cowboy fans in check (all in good fun of course), call a spade a spade, and certainly have no problem calling a troll a MF’r or another one of my other favorite cuss words when they deserve it (all in good fun of course).

This die-hard Redskins fan is looking forward to the season, watching the 2017 Redskins team with friends, family and even foes. Most in here need to look in the mirror and find something that makes you happy Sundays, because the absolute trash I’ve been reading on this team site board lately is HOG wash…BTW, GO HOGS 2.0

Adios, and HTTR my brothers and sisters, it’s good to be a Redskins fan…at least it is when you are surrounded by fans of this team that are full of enthusiasm on game day. Go find you some, it will do your Burgundy and Gold soul some good.

What negativity?....I'm just not seeing that at all, unless, I missed the "glowing praise only" memo/meeting when it was posted/held. Is truth now seen as a negative or are we so engulfed into the faux "fake news" BS that honest opinions can't be made without charges of "negativity" in response?

This has been my team since 1960 (57 years) my earliest recollection of all things football. Antagonistic stances has been the hallmark of this team's following as far back as that time and longer. This is NOTHING new, and it says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the level of enthusiasm that its' supporters will have during the season. If anything what you're experiencing is greater exposure (24 hr news cycles, Internet etc.) to a fan base that is doing a very healthy thing and psychologically preparing itself for another football season. Ever hear the old expression...."If you prepare for the worse and hope for the best, you will rarely be disappointed?" Well that's what you're now calling "negativity."

Not one supporter of this team, will be, come 1pm on Sunday, openly or privately pulling for a loss against Philadelphia.....It's just NOT going to happen, period, full stop!! Not even those with split allegiances, that comes with playing fantasy football will turn against this team if this is their team too!! BTW: "Die-hard" does not mean stupid, but rather....given 32 teams in the NFL, this is the one that is favored above all others come hell or high water. We pull for this team whether it's 0-16 or 19-0 and the biggest parade ever ensues.

Nothing changes when "family" which I consider us all to be, point out the flaws at our hub and make suggestions as to how to form a more perfect product. (What?? too Jeffersonian?:D) Nothing is going to change.....we'll all be watching the games with other people, or at a friend's home, live at the stadium in fellowship with others,.... and, at games' end, we revel in victories and lament during losses. In either case, we share our collective excitement or disappointments. Some, like you, more privately, but for some of the rest of us, we meet here.... at our own public, town hall, where Atta boy's and dumbasses are all expressions of love.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do kind of agree with Mitz. Having said that though i suppose that's what these boards are for either pessimism or optimism

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is lets take it to the field with some real game planning and see what happens. Then we can either freak out or buy SB tickets after two weeks.

There are a lot of new parts to this team, both on offense, defense and coaching. I do not think any of us knows how that is going to play out yet.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember a time where there was no internet the only redskins news we got was espn or little tidbits in the usa today where i lived most fans not in the DC area never got redskins news period point is i think this forum makes fans stronger and more football knowledge towards the skins and when we all die we all be bitching in heavan for ever and ever about redskins .. the redskins are a part of our life win or lose bitching or no bitching its all good p.s poop

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and stymie for my 100th LIKE yeah took me 3 years to get to 100 :clap::yes: