• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not convinced any of the QBs is worth the cost

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is a slam dunk franchise QB available. Every one of them has some potential fault.

Considering what the Bills would have to give up to move up, I think they might be better off waiting to take Luke Falk in the second, if he is even there when they pick. He has significant upside with a lot less draft risk.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worth it at all, imo.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually you have to take the chance. You cant keep taking Trent Edwards and hoping one turns out. I would rather we finally try and fail then go for the long shot. Only first round QBs I can remember us taking are Losman and Manuel and everyone but Bills management knew they were going to be busts.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually you have to take the chance. You cant keep taking Trent Edwards and hoping one turns out. I would rather we finally try and fail then go for the long shot. Only first round QBs I can remember us taking are Losman and Manuel and everyone but Bills management knew they were going to be busts.

Rosen is Losman.
Allen is Manuel.

Take a chance doesn't mean trading four picks just because we have extra picks. These QBs have been forced to the top of the draft hype.
Roquan at 12 (or maybe we need to get to 8...which I wouldn't be against) and Rudolph at 22 is my ideal 1st round.

Moving 12, 22, 50-something and another piece for Rosen, Allen or Baker is grossly mismanaging.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen is Losman.
Allen is Manuel.

Take a chance doesn't mean trading four picks just because we have extra picks. These QBs have been forced to the top of the draft hype.
Roquan at 12 (or maybe we need to get to 8...which I wouldn't be against) and Rudolph at 22 is my ideal 1st round.

Moving 12, 22, 50-something and another piece for Rosen, Allen or Baker is grossly mismanaging.

Rosen is leaps and bounds above Losman. The only real knocks on Rosen are that he's a bit slight in build and a brash personality. He's the most accurate passer and NFL ready QB in this draft.

If they can get Rosen, I think they should. Not a fan of Baker, and Allen is only projections at this point and could bust hard. I'm still intrigued by Jackson (having watched him destroy my Orange a few times), but I don't know that the Bills want another free-wheeling running QB after Tyrod.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph at 22 is my ideal 1st round.

At 22 the Bills can get a very good player but certainly not a HOF player. Therefore, I go along with Rudolph at 22.

By the way, did you see that Josh Allen scored the highest Wonderlic of the main 4. Ten points higher than Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 22 the Bills can get a very good player but certainly not a HOF player. Therefore, I go along with Rudolph at 22.

By the way, did you see that Josh Allen scored the highest Wonderlic of the main 4. Ten points higher than Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield.

I did. Which is why I would tolerate picking him...but moving into the top five for him is a mistake still, imo. Wonderlic didn't help him beat or compete, even, with mid tier teams. Didn't help him accomplish a 60% completion rate. If he wasn't 6'5 with a big arm, nobody would care.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. Which is why I would tolerate picking him...but moving into the top five for him is a mistake still, imo. Wonderlic didn't help him beat or compete, even, with mid tier teams. Didn't help him accomplish a 60% completion rate. If he wasn't 6'5 with a big arm, nobody would care.

Some of that completion rate can be blamed on his teammates (as always), and the inferior competition claims can be extended to those teammates (I don't see any other Wyoming player on the radar for this year's draft, and the current Wyoming players in the league are underwhelming if not completely forgettable). Otherwise, I agree. The Wonderlic can be just as worthless as the combine in some ways. Dan Marino had one of the lowest QB scores on record; would that keep you from picking him? Of course, in other cases, those low scores make sense. Just not enough real correlation to make the test a real issue.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of that completion rate can be blamed on his teammates (as always), and the inferior competition claims can be extended to those teammates (I don't see any other Wyoming player on the radar for this year's draft, and the current Wyoming players in the league are underwhelming if not completely forgettable). Otherwise, I agree. The Wonderlic can be just as worthless as the combine in some ways. Dan Marino had one of the lowest QB scores on record; would that keep you from picking him? Of course, in other cases, those low scores make sense. Just not enough real correlation to make the test a real issue.

All I see are excuses. Tyrod's teammates weren't very good either. Upwards of 20 different WR, two coaches, three coordinators, and the worst "starting" RT the game has ever seen.

Those excuses don't count though. After being a top 12 offense multiple times, throwing 16 picks in three years, and making the playoffs....but sure, let's use them for a so-so college QB.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen is Losman.
Allen is Manuel.

Thats a bad comparison. Losman was one of those guys that just up draft boards because of a good combine, similar to Gabbert. Rosen as been considered a top pick for the whole year. Also everyone knew Manuel wasnt a top pick. Hell Geno was considered the best QB in the draft and he fell to the second round because everyone but The Bills knew he wasnt good.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is a slam dunk franchise QB available. Every one of them has some potential fault.

Considering what the Bills would have to give up to move up, I think they might be better off waiting to take Luke Falk in the second, if he is even there when they pick. He has significant upside with a lot less draft risk.
luke falk, lmao

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I see are excuses. Tyrod's teammates weren't very good either. Upwards of 20 different WR, two coaches, three coordinators, and the worst "starting" RT the game has ever seen.

Those excuses don't count though. After being a top 12 offense multiple times, throwing 16 picks in three years, and making the playoffs....but sure, let's use them for a so-so college QB.

Not excusing anything. I've said before that Allen has a huge bust factor, and a Wonderlic test isn't going to change my opinion on that.

As far as Tyrod goes, you're relying on simplistic stats and not looking at how he holds the offense back. He's still playing with NFL players (including highly regarded linemen, RB, and Watkins up to this season). Top 12 offense skewed HEAVILY to rushing; the Bills are routinely among the worst passing teams in the league. Tyrod is careful with the ball, and that is helpful, but he clearly cannot elevate the passing game. He's also a Brown, so discussing him any further is worthless really.

Allen is playing with guys whose top option was with Wyoming. None of them are on the draft radar but the QB, who's projected at the top of the 1st round. Scouts do typically have some ability to grade players.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not excusing anything. I've said before that Allen has a huge bust factor, and a Wonderlic test isn't going to change my opinion on that.

As far as Tyrod goes, you're relying on simplistic stats and not looking at how he holds the offense back. He's still playing with NFL players (including highly regarded linemen, RB, and Watkins up to this season). Top 12 offense skewed HEAVILY to rushing; the Bills are routinely among the worst passing teams in the league. Tyrod is careful with the ball, and that is helpful, but he clearly cannot elevate the passing game. He's also a Brown, so discussing him any further is worthless really.

Allen is playing with guys whose top option was with Wyoming. None of them are on the draft radar but the QB, who's projected at the top of the 1st round. Scouts do typically have some ability to grade players.

Touche ....other than I don't care how the offense is good if it's good...I hear you and agree somewhat about Taylor, wasn't there with his arm when we needed it. I think that is highly coachable with stability. Something he never had. But whatever, I'm moved on, but I don't accept that a Fitzpatrick, or Cutler are the answer because they throw more. Or Rosen, or Allen because they have unknown promise. If our offense is the same statistically, but we have 16 picks per season instead of 5, is it better because there are eight more TD passes and six less rushing TD?

Scouts are definitely better than me, but it doesn't change my opinion that trading up is a terrible, terrible idea. Four QB, one RB, one G, three DB, one DL, two LB is 12 players I would gladly take at 12 (as you know, imo, our "must get" is a true MLB...Roquan was almost made for us...if we have to trade up to 8 to secure that, I'm fine, as it isn't the same price as 2 or 4 or 5)... but any of the 12 would be worth it at 12, and our team would be better off.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen is Losman.
Allen is Manuel.

Actually Rosen seems more like a Sam Bradford, I worry he can't stay healthy in the NFL...especially on the Bills since we're always one of the most injury prone teams in the NFL

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DON'T TRADE UP! That is my thoughts

I believe someone made this point earlier, but how many QBs taken in the top 5 have won a super bowl lately?

If we can scout well and figure out a QB in rounds 2-6 that fits what we want to do, we should find ourselves in a good position

and simply put the price is too much, we have so many needs and so many picks that can add some valuable talent to the roster

Hightower23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no convinced of a trade up for a QB. Out of all of them I like Darnold and Rosen but they have some issues. Allen is going to be boom or bust but with the stats from college I think bust. My preferred choice would be take either Roquan or Edmunds if they are there at 12 or hopefully Ward if they are gone.

With 22 I would go OT or DL dependant on who is available at the time. The team has too many needs to trade up to top 5 for a QB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that needs at other positions are more easily filled with later picks than QB is.

That said, I would really only trade up if Darnold or Rosen is available, which likely means with the Giants at #2 unless the Browns pick Allen. The others I would consider at #12 if they fell, but aren't worth the risk IMO. The one caveat would be if 1,2,3, and 5 ALL end up QBs, then I would look to trade up to ensure they don't miss out on all 5. Beyond Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield and Lamar, I don't see any other worthwhile QB picks in this draft (maybe Rudolph, but not in the 1st - and he may go late 1st). If the Bills don't get one of the top 5 at 12 (or above), they may be the team to take Rudolph at 22.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that needs at other positions are more easily filled with later picks than QB is.

That said, I would really only trade up if Darnold or Rosen is available, which likely means with the Giants at #2 unless the Browns pick Allen. The others I would consider at #12 if they fell, but aren't worth the risk IMO. The one caveat would be if 1,2,3, and 5 ALL end up QBs, then I would look to trade up to ensure they don't miss out on all 5. Beyond Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield and Lamar, I don't see any other worthwhile QB picks in this draft (maybe Rudolph, but not in the 1st - and he may go late 1st). If the Bills don't get one of the top 5 at 12 (or above), they may be the team to take Rudolph at 22.

Lamar at 12 (or worse, trading up for Lamar) would be something I just couldn't handle. I'd still watch, I guess, but that would end my desire as a Bills fan. It's been 29 years, so I'm not denying the difficulty I would have...but that would be the final straw.