• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Northwestern @ Nebraska 3pm (CT) Fox

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of folks expecting miracles here. While I expected better in year two, the fact is that there is a lot of work to be done to build this program back up to standards.
This is not a one or two season turn around. This is a long term venture that requires patience from the fanbase.
Calling anything a failed experiment after such a short amount of time is asinine and short sighted.
While the struggles of the team sucks for us fans, it is better to go through them for a couple of seasons while the players grow into the system.
Will things be better next year, or the year after? Who knows? I hope so. I trust the coaching staff to get it done.
But without patience, this program will never be allowed to get to where we all want it.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of folks expecting miracles here. While I expected better in year two, the fact is that there is a lot of work to be done to build this program back up to standards.
This is not a one or two season turn around. This is a long term venture that requires patience from the fanbase.
Calling anything a failed experiment after such a short amount of time is asinine and short sighted.
While the struggles of the team sucks for us fans, it is better to go through them for a couple of seasons while the players grow into the system.
Will things be better next year, or the year after? Who knows? I hope so. I trust the coaching staff to get it done.
But without patience, this program will never be allowed to get to where we all want it.

I am asinine. Nebraska and Scott Frost need to get to a bowl game this year. They need two more wins.

@Tomhusker

Spring game, Cameron's snaps were high.
Training camp his snaps were probably high.(I did not watch)
First six games, his snaps are high.

Are you seeing improvement?

in 2018, once Tanner Farmer went to center, Adrian showed drastic improvement. In 2019, Adrian looks very unsettled.

Make Jurgens practice snapping the ball for a full year, then throw him into a game. After all, he is around three more years.

Why didn't Nebraska develop a center last year if they knew it was a problem? All of a sudden, in the spring, the coaches realize there is no center? Scott Frost looks at Jurgens and says you are Dave Rimington.

Nebraska had Forbes and Farniok who had played center before. Nebraska had the supposedly best JUCO center in Josh Wegener walk on in 2019.

When the fish aren't biting in one spot, do you exercise patience and wait them out? At what point in time do you cut bait?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am asinine. Nebraska and Scott Frost need to get to a bowl game this year. They need two more wins.

@Tomhusker

Spring game, Cameron's snaps were high.
Training camp his snaps were probably high.(I did not watch)
First six games, his snaps are high.

Are you seeing improvement?

in 2018, once Tanner Farmer went to center, Adrian showed drastic improvement. In 2019, Adrian looks very unsettled.

Make Jurgens practice snapping the ball for a full year, then throw him into a game. After all, he is around three more years.

Why didn't Nebraska develop a center last year if they knew it was a problem? All of a sudden, in the spring, the coaches realize there is no center? Scott Frost looks at Jurgens and says you are Dave Rimington.

Nebraska had Forbes and Farniok who had played center before. Nebraska had the supposedly best JUCO center in Josh Wegener walk on in 2019.

When the fish aren't biting in one spot, do you exercise patience and wait them out? At what point in time do you cut bait?

Do I exercise patience while fishing? Yes. A lot of it. I fish for BIG fish, not a bunch of dinks. I will stay in one place for days on end, knowing that there is something bigger for me out there. I may refine my bait presentation. I may tweek the drag setting on the reels. But I stay the course, with the gear and bait I bring with me. I know that I'll get it right in time, and when I do I'll reap the rewards of my patience.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Either the routes are too predictable or the guys r too slow. One thing I haven't seen much of at all r the jet sweeps and the rub routes. Just seems like they need to try some other things.
Perhaps the "Call Sheet" only has 4 passing plays on it. Did post game Frost say he or Vedral called a play not on the "Call Sheet" when Wandale caught that long pass to set up the final field goal? If so it most likely surprised the crap out of NW just like the I formation did with O State. In week 3 they were installing more plays for offense. perhaps that's what happens when there are freshmen playing. :noidea:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I exercise patience while fishing? Yes. A lot of it. I fish for BIG fish, not a bunch of dinks. I will stay in one place for days on end, knowing that there is something bigger for me out there. I may refine my bait presentation. I may tweek the drag setting on the reels. But I stay the course, with the gear and bait I bring with me. I know that I'll get it right in time, and when I do I'll reap the rewards of my patience.

You are patient. I hope you catch that big fish the next time you go fishing.

I am results oriented. Which probably means I am impatient.

I want Nebraska to get to at least 6 wins to show recruits and the country that there is an uptrend. Another 4-8 season would be a disaster.

Thanks for discussion.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are patient. I hope you catch that big fish the next time you go fishing.

I am results oriented. Which probably means I am impatient.

I want Nebraska to get to at least 6 wins to show recruits and the country that there is an uptrend. Another 4-8 season would be a disaster.

Thanks for discussion.
I'm hoping for 8 still. But a bowl game would be an improvement. I agree with you there.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martinez is doing to much thinking. I seen it a lot this year he holding on the ball way to long. Not running when he should. I hope the knee is nothing major. But he needs to just play and not think.

As for the o-line it needs work in the middle, they are a young and will have another full season to play as a unit. Nebraska is still missing WR's and it's a big need. They need another quality I-Back or two and maybe Washington needs to be moved out WR if he is not able to put on 20 pounds by next season I don't know if you can count on him for more than 10 to 15 touches a game tops.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say that I really enjoyed that beat down of Northwestern.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm going to enjoy is watching Frost turn the Huskers around before Jimmy Jam turns the wolvereeeens around.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f---- all that

I use dynamite and get the whole pond of fish ---- and then carry on