• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non-Mariners/Ex-Mariners News

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Oh...Ohtani sounds like he is adjusting to the Majors and is going to be more of an issue for the League to deal with like was previously thought. :o

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like he coughed up a base knock top of the 7th

This does not even look like the same ball player I watched a month of spring training ?

How do you go from can't pitch and can't hit in 1 month to lights out super star at both the next month ?

Was he sand bagging just for kicks ?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He now has a 2.08 ERA and 3 HRs in 4 games with a .389/.421/.889 triple slash line.

If DIPoto didn't have such a man crush on him, I would actually watching him play. But...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If DIPoto didn't have such a man crush on him, I would actually watching him play. But...

Dipoto really did act like a 13 year old girl desperate to date the popular football player. Desperation isn't a good recruiting angle IMO.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So AFraud said if he could tell young Afraud anything in 2000 that he would had...pushed harder to become a Met. Not a Mariner...shocker, but a Met. I wish they would have traded his ass after the 1999 season and at least got a bag of balls for him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So AFraud said if he could tell young Afraud anything in 2000 that he would had...pushed harder to become a Met. Not a Mariner...shocker, but a Met. I wish they would have traded his ass after the 1999 season and at least got a bag of balls for him.

How would he have become a Met? Did he mean as a FA? The Mariners offered him the 2nd highest contract offered to him, I don't even think the Mets were even offering him. I know the Yankees and Red Sox weren't on him.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would he have become a Met? Did he mean as a FA? The Mariners offered him the 2nd highest contract offered to him, I don't even think the Mets were even offering him. I know the Yankees and Red Sox weren't on him.

He said he would have followed his dream if he could do it all over and not listen to all the agents and family members and all as a free agent. He said he doesn't know why the Mets pulled out of free agency with him. It just showed that he never had any interest in staying with the M's and I am not sure why they thought he would. They should have traded his ass with one year left and received something for him. Just another reason to hate AFraud.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he would have followed his dream if he could do it all over and not listen to all the agents and family members and all as a free agent. He said he doesn't know why the Mets pulled out of free agency with him. It just showed that he never had any interest in staying with the M's and I am not sure why they thought he would. They should have traded his ass with one year left and received something for him. Just another reason to hate AFraud.

What a dumbass. He went against Scott Boras once and the MLBPA slapped him in the face with the Red Sox trade. The MLBPA wouldn't have allowed him to turn down the Rangers or Mariners deal. If he had half a brain he would've said his biggest regret was not going to Miami but again he couldn't go against Boras or the MLBPA. If we could have traded him I wish it were before they started negotiating with Boras in 98 and not pissed off Griffey. I think he would have stayed a Mariners had they not been negotiating with both at the same time.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He now has a 2.08 ERA and 3 HRs in 4 games with a .389/.421/.889 triple slash line.

they have played oakland twice already with cleveland in between so this is second time around..the angel schedule gets tougher for the rest of the month...but he has played well..so far

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have played oakland twice already with cleveland in between so this is second time around..the angel schedule gets tougher for the rest of the month...but he has played well..so far

Obviously his trajectory is not sustainable, but it's still quite an impressive debut from a guy who struggled substantially during Spring Training.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dumbass. He went against Scott Boras once and the MLBPA slapped him in the face with the Red Sox trade. The MLBPA wouldn't have allowed him to turn down the Rangers or Mariners deal. If he had half a brain he would've said his biggest regret was not going to Miami but again he couldn't go against Boras or the MLBPA. If we could have traded him I wish it were before they started negotiating with Boras in 98 and not pissed off Griffey. I think he would have stayed a Mariners had they not been negotiating with both at the same time.

Ya, Griffey wanting out of Seattle because of Safeco was so BS. It was about AFraud all the way, and M's (shocker) blew it. AFraud for life for me.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously his trajectory is not sustainable, but it's still quite an impressive debut from a guy who struggled substantially during Spring Training.

agreed...and he will prob end up being everything they said he was...and they are not last years angels either..there have been a lot of changes..
.still think the mariners line up can beat the angels line up
im waiting to see on both pitching staffs..and bull pens...wait maybe a month..to see what we can see..lol

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, Griffey wanting out of Seattle because of Safeco was so BS. It was about AFraud all the way, and M's (shocker) blew it. AFraud for life for me.

I know we will never know for sure with Griffey, but I think the plane crash was the final straw of him wanting out of Seattle since he made the Mariners relevant but they were offering more money to ARod. Without question had the Braves included Andruw Jones in their proposed deal Junior would've ended up in Atlanta not Cincinnati.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we will never know for sure with Griffey, but I think the plane crash was the final straw of him wanting out of Seattle since he made the Mariners relevant but they were offering more money to ARod. Without question had the Braves included Andruw Jones in their proposed deal Junior would've ended up in Atlanta not Cincinnati.

I know there was a deal with the Mets that he nixed. I cant remember who we were getting in return but I think one of the guys was Armando Benetiz who eventually became a Mariner anyway in that Jeff Nelson deal.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there was a deal with the Mets that he nixed. I cant remember who we were getting in return but I think one of the guys was Armando Benetiz who eventually became a Mariner anyway in that Jeff Nelson deal.

Know when Atlanta said no to Jones for Griffey straight up he said Cinci or nothing. He is all ego and don't you dare offend him...you know by offend I mean look at him the wrong way. Prima donna.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dipoto really did act like a 13 year old girl desperate to date the popular football player. Desperation isn't a good recruiting angle IMO.

For me the issue wasn't going all in on Ohtani, it's that there was no other plan. The Mariners had all this international signing money, but they didn't even use any of it. There were still prospects out there worth signing and the M's didn't even try to get any of them. It was like the mindset was the M's are some glorious organization that everyone wants to play for so of course Ohtani will sign here and it was a complete shock to the front office when he didn't. So Dipoto's "plan" after was to stick his thumb up his butt and do nothing and wax poetic about the depth of the bullpen.