• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No MVP or Cy Young 3rd Place : Nos vs Sushi

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well obviously there's an advantage there. But if you take Probert off skates, he loses a massive amount of his edge too.

It's like Mayweather and McGregor. Tell McGregor he can't kick, take down, or attempt submissions and he loses a massive amount of his edge. Now you put that all back into play and there's no way Mayweather, a world class fighter, lasts 20 seconds with him.

James Johnson would murk Probert in any real fight. It would last as long as Johnson would want it to last.

I simply dont agree with this, a street fight is nothing like fighting in a ring, I was in a lot of fights between like 16 years old and 24 years old, and a couple of these guys were karate dudes and boxers and in a street fight that goes out the window especially the marital arts guys, theres no judge there theres no ropes theres no rules.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply dont agree with this, a street fight is nothing like fighting in a ring, I was in a lot of fights between like 16 years old and 24 years old, and a couple of these guys were karate dudes and boxers and in a street fight that goes out the window especially the marital arts guys, theres no judge there theres no ropes theres no rules.

Need @UK Cowboy to weigh in on this.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a pro fighter, my son is now, trained many ammy and pro fighters. If there is no gun involved, a trained fighter wipes out a guy that doesn't train. I have been in street fights as well, going against a guy that doesn't train is a joke. It is what it is. Fighting is a skill.
Look at it like this...Craig Stadler and John Daly are big fat turds...but put them on a golf course against a guy that barely plays, even a skilled athlete who plays ALL the time(Tony Romo), and it's a wipeout. Just my experience, fighting is the same. A lot of guys have fought guys that claimed to be martial arts guys, but a lot of guys fib about their level of training. An untrained guy would have no chance against a real fighter, unless you are talking a 260 pound guy vs a 135.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a pro fighter, my son is now, trained many ammy and pro fighters. If there is no gun involved, a trained fighter wipes out a guy that doesn't train. I have been in street fights as well, going against a guy that doesn't train is a joke. It is what it is. Fighting is a skill.
Look at it like this...Craig Stadler and John Daly are big fat turds...but put them on a golf course against a guy that barely plays, even a skilled athlete who plays ALL the time(Tony Romo), and it's a wipeout. Just my experience, fighting is the same. A lot of guys have fought guys that claimed to be martial arts guys, but a lot of guys fib about their level of training. An untrained guy would have no chance against a real fighter, unless you are talking a 260 pound guy vs a 135.

That's what I'm sayin...

So Demetrious Johnson doesn't stand a chance against Shaq?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm sayin...

So Demetrious Johnson doesn't stand a chance against Shaq?
He would actually stand a chance believe it or not...
Johnson would throw a thunderous leg kick that would put Shaq on the ground, he would also have a chance to choke him out. Obviously, if Shaq connected, it would be over, but that would be easier said than done. Shaq would be so strong, he might be able to just lay on him and throw punches, but again, that's easier said than done too

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lolzzz like Troy is the be all end all of the conversation, like a street fight is about training and like everyone who trains is good in a street fight the fighters dont say ok are you ready go! Come on, fighting is a skill you either have strength and can take punches or you dont but to suggest a guy with training whipes a guy whos just a street fighter everytime is straight bullshit. I was 23 years old and had a dude that lived in my hometown he was two years older than me and I knew him most of my life since I was about 10 or 11 he was gold gloves since he was a teenager had the trophy's and shit all over his house and was known as one of the toughest guys to fight in all of North St. Paul, party at a friends house we started arguing about what I dont remember we went outside and I beat the shit out of him. I was 5'11 190 he was maybe 5'9 175. Fact is if you know how to fight and can take punches you can beat anyone thats not just fucking super human.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and what the hell does Golf have to do with fighting, absolutely nothing they are similar in zero ways. Terrible analogy, lolzzz

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and what the hell does Golf have to do with fighting, absolutely nothing they are similar in zero ways. Terrible analogy, lolzzz
It's not a terrible analogy, it's a factual one. Sorry to burst your Fantasy Island bubble there Rocky, but your ''strength and take a punch'' theory is total bullshit. Lets say you do have a granite chin(if you have the toughest chin in the world, 8 pounds of pressure will still turn out your lights), how is that going to help you when their shin smashes your thigh? Answer, it doesn't. Guys you see on tv never throw their leg kicks 100% loaded because another trained guy will naturally check it and break their leg. Against a ''street fighter'', a feint to the head and you can unload full bore with no worries, and that leg kick will usually end your night....or, a shot into a single leg puts you on your back and your eat a few elbows before you are choked out or have your arm broken. Remember, in the ''street'', there is no ref to hear you tapping. But hey, whatever makes you sleep well at night Grasshopper lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a terrible analogy, it's a factual one. Sorry to burst your Fantasy Island bubble there Rocky, but your ''strength and take a punch'' theory is total bullshit. Lets say you do have a granite chin(if you have the toughest chin in the world, 8 pounds of pressure will still turn out your lights), how is that going to help you when their shin smashes your thigh? Answer, it doesn't. Guys you see on tv never throw their leg kicks 100% loaded because another trained guy will naturally check it and break their leg. Against a ''street fighter'', a feint to the head and you can unload full bore with no worries, and that leg kick will usually end your night....or, a shot into a single leg puts you on your back and your eat a few elbows before you are choked out or have your arm broken. Remember, in the ''street'', there is no ref to hear you tapping. But hey, whatever makes you sleep well at night Grasshopper lol

So, whats't the street fighter doing while the MMA guy is doing all this just standing there like a motionless target?

I've been knocked down twice, never been knocked out, never had my jaw broken, maybe just maybe I was getting punched in slow motion, and have you ever even seen a street fight? Not a lot of leg kicks happening in a street fight. Shin smashes my thigh, lolzzz yeah okay you go ahead with your nonsense brother...

:suds:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just completely ridiculous to think that every MMA guy will beat every street fighter, like all MMA guys are indestructible, they are all undefeated.

EX... Billy who is a good MMA fighter his record is 21 - 6 tough kid, so we are expected to believe he's gonna beat up Jethro every single time they fight simply because he's trained to be an MMA fighter, meanwhile Jethro who grew up in a bad neighborhood has been in 50 street fights has just been beating the fuck out of people his entire life, yep, Billy wins every time with the shin to the thigh... Come on man...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhow, congrats on third place Sushi, like I said before no doubt you are getting better at these drafts...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, whats't the street fighter doing while the MMA guy is doing all this just standing there like a motionless target?

I've been knocked down twice, never been knocked out, never had my jaw broken, maybe just maybe I was getting punched in slow motion, and have you ever even seen a street fight? Not a lot of leg kicks happening in a street fight. Shin smashes my thigh, lolzzz yeah okay you go ahead with your nonsense brother...

:suds:
Here's what's nonsense Brother...Craig Stadler is a fat turd who would destroy any super athlete who has never played golf. Pedroia in baseball, Mayweather in boxing..yet you think that because you are a tough fella, that you can go in against guys that train 4-5 times a week, specifically training to fight, and win? They all have great chins too, especially since you'd never hit them clean, as they can roll with or slip anything you throw. Do you really think that you could roll in against guys that spar for 10+ hours a week against guys who are throwing punches, kicks, knees, elbow, that are college wrestlers who can shoot for take downs, who have been trained in Judo, Sambo, or any of a hundred other arts, and are IN SHAPE to fight more than the 60 seconds that you would totally gas out in, and do anything?
Floyd Mayweather was undefeated in a boxing ring, yet you could offer him a billion freaking dollars and he still wouldn't get in a cage with McGregor...because he would die lol. CM Punk was a pro wrestler, and while that stuff is totally fake, what can't be denied is that those guys are double tough, great athletes. When he got into MMA, he skipped the years of training, fighting ammy fights, he was going straight to the UFC....and wanted a title shot. It took him a week in a legit gym to postpone his fight, drop from 185(he walked around at 200+) to 170, because the 185's were ragdolling him, trained for well over a year, and then went out and got his ass handed to him in a minute by a kid that had just turned pro. In your ''street fight'' scenario, what are you gonna do? Let them throw on you and counter? Rush them? Dive in on them? It's not happening Bro, even if you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolzzz like Troy is the be all end all of the conversation, like a street fight is about training and like everyone who trains is good in a street fight the fighters dont say ok are you ready go! Come on, fighting is a skill you either have strength and can take punches or you dont but to suggest a guy with training whipes a guy whos just a street fighter everytime is straight bullshit. I was 23 years old and had a dude that lived in my hometown he was two years older than me and I knew him most of my life since I was about 10 or 11 he was gold gloves since he was a teenager had the trophy's and shit all over his house and was known as one of the toughest guys to fight in all of North St. Paul, party at a friends house we started arguing about what I dont remember we went outside and I beat the shit out of him. I was 5'11 190 he was maybe 5'9 175. Fact is if you know how to fight and can take punches you can beat anyone thats not just fucking super human.

You know who Kimbo is, right? I dont think he ever lost a street fight, he was a legend. He got in the ring, yes it was MMA, not just boxing, but he was facing trained guys. He did pretty well but for being a god street fighter he went 5-2. IMO it makes a huge difference but that isn’t the case every time but for the most part the trained guy seems to have the major advantage.

Not a perfect example bc Kimbo trained for a period and I am sure he trained before. Kimbo was a beast though, one scary man

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what's nonsense Brother...Craig Stadler is a fat turd who would destroy any super athlete who has never played golf. Pedroia in baseball, Mayweather in boxing..yet you think that because you are a tough fella, that you can go in against guys that train 4-5 times a week, specifically training to fight, and win? They all have great chins too, especially since you'd never hit them clean, as they can roll with or slip anything you throw. Do you really think that you could roll in against guys that spar for 10+ hours a week against guys who are throwing punches, kicks, knees, elbow, that are college wrestlers who can shoot for take downs, who have been trained in Judo, Sambo, or any of a hundred other arts, and are IN SHAPE to fight more than the 60 seconds that you would totally gas out in, and do anything?
Floyd Mayweather was undefeated in a boxing ring, yet you could offer him a billion freaking dollars and he still wouldn't get in a cage with McGregor...because he would die lol. CM Punk was a pro wrestler, and while that stuff is totally fake, what can't be denied is that those guys are double tough, great athletes. When he got into MMA, he skipped the years of training, fighting ammy fights, he was going straight to the UFC....and wanted a title shot. It took him a week in a legit gym to postpone his fight, drop from 185(he walked around at 200+) to 170, because the 185's were ragdolling him, trained for well over a year, and then went out and got his ass handed to him in a minute by a kid that had just turned pro. In your ''street fight'' scenario, what are you gonna do? Let them throw on you and counter? Rush them? Dive in on them? It's not happening Bro, even if you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Yep, everyone who who trains as an MMA fighter automatically becomes invincible. From the best of all time to some guy named Carl who tries real hard but still sucks as a fighter, hey he trained so he's unbeatable...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who Kimbo is, right? I dont think he ever lost a street fight, he was a legend. He got in the ring, yes it was MMA, not just boxing, but he was facing trained guys. He did pretty well but for being a god street fighter he went 5-2. IMO it makes a huge difference but that isn’t the case every time but for the most part the trained guy seems to have the major advantage.

Not a perfect example bc Kimbo trained for a period and I am sure he trained before. Kimbo was a beast though, one scary man

Thanks for proving my point, a street fighter beat 5 guys in their arena who were trained MMA fighters.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, everyone who who trains as an MMA fighter automatically becomes invincible. From the best of all time to some guy named Carl who tries real hard but still sucks as a fighter, hey he trained so he's unbeatable...
Never said that, many guys go to MMA schools for a while just so they can wear a shirt and say they are fighters. I'm talking guys that legitimately train

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that, many guys go to MMA schools for a while just so they can wear a shirt and say they are fighters. I'm talking guys that legitimately train

a trained fighter wipes out a guy that doesn't train. I have been in street fights as well, going against a guy that doesn't train is a joke.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for proving my point, a street fighter beat 5 guys in their arena who were trained MMA fighters.
LOL, Kimbo had a ton of no holds barred fights that were basically amateur mma. Then he beat 5 hand picked tin cans. That's not what you were talking about. You were talking about yourself Bro. And since I know for a fact that you are my age, I feel pretty certain you aren't beating down legit mma guys lol. No one is saying you aren't a tough dude and can take care of yourself, but there's a big difference in that and saying training doesn't matter

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also think you lost sight of what the conversation was about, somehow you've changed it into people getting in the ring with an MMA fighter when that's not at all what I originally talked about. I talked about an MMA guy and street fighter fighting in the street, most times you don't get a chance to shin the thigh in a street fight, are their MMA guys who would just beat the shit out of just about anyone they faced in the street of course but to suggest any trained fighter beats ALL street fighters in the street is ridiculous.