• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No more Chief Wahoo.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or tired of being ignored.
Some of these writers are arrogant enough to think they have a following.
Drumming up a controversy about Notre Dame is yesterday's sports radio blather. Move on to the next topic.
I guess deflated footballs aren't interesting anymore.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, I wonder what they'll go after next. Will it be the Giants for being arrogantly taller than the rest of us? Seemingly carrying on with their lives as if they don't give a carp about the struggles of shorter people. Maybe it will be the Mariners who are overfishing our oceans like greedy bastards.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, I wonder what they'll go after next. Will it be the Giants for being arrogantly taller than the rest of us? Seemingly carrying on with their lives as if they don't give a carp about the struggles of shorter people. Maybe it will be the Mariners who are overfishing our oceans like greedy bastards.
You realize that the Yankees have been mocking the British for more than 250 years.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that the Yankees have been mocking the British for more than 250 years.

For real. And the WHITE Sox, seems kinda racist. The Reds? That's pretty much like Redskins right? Royals? Elitist scum. Padres? Cardinals? Anti-Catholic.

OK but seriously, the Indians will still be called the Indians. I really don't see the problem with getting rid of goggly eyed grinning caricatures. There used to be a restaurant called Sambo's too. Shit changes. Stop being such snowflakes.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real. And the WHITE Sox, seems kinda racist. The Reds? That's pretty much like Redskins right? Royals? Elitist scum. Padres? Cardinals? Anti-Catholic.

OK but seriously, the Indians will still be called the Indians. I really don't see the problem with getting rid of goggly eyed grinning caricatures. There used to be a restaurant called Sambo's too. Shit changes. Stop being such snowflakes.
Honestly, the only thing I saw for sure was they were going to take it off their uniforms, not that they were going to stop marketing it. The dingdong in the outfield with that drum probably needs to be in a straitjacket by now, though.
The Indians will have to come up with a better alternative than some big red C that isn't even interesting. I think they should go back to this uniform and really annoy the fans. I never heard if Franky Robinson was offended by the Wahoo toon.

25618265101_c78648ae8f_o.jpg

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time. The racist people of Cleveland and Ohio should be so ashamed. They should say 3 hail jim harbaugh. And 5 hail tom bradys..

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know who's next. Those cocksuckers will be coming after your tomahawks.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy to say, when it doesn't affect the team you have rooted for your entire life. I do understand why outsiders don't get it.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time. The racist people of Cleveland and Ohio should be so ashamed. They should say 3 hail jim harbaugh. And 5 hail tom bradys..

I would tell you to suck a dick, but its Saturday night, you'll be doing that anyway.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to say, when it doesn't affect the team you have rooted for your entire life. I do understand why outsiders don't get it.

Same as the fans who don't get it regarding the offensiveness of it.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
translation: 'gurgle gurgle gurgle...mmmm good penis, gurgle'
Penis boy handicappers.....dounds like you live it up on Saturday nights.
Your are the gay blade of the soccer field.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim thome said....he will not let HOF use his likeness with chief Wahoo on his cap. To racist.
Said that and 70 years of choking by the Indians make him sick

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop. you're hurting my feelings.

It's ok, someday you and Chief Wahoo will have a championship to celebrate. Hopefully not in yet another 70 years.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were having a serious debate the other day on the radio about whether or not the Braves should ditch the tomahawks.

Guess they didn't do much research or they would have found those foam tomahawks are manufactured by the Cherokee Nation in North Carolina.

But, I've been petitioning for years to get the Braves to change their name to the Peach Fuckers. Have yet to get a response.