• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No deadline set for Coyotes new franchise

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NHL puts a team in San Diego, you know it's only a matter of time before all of North America has a NHL team.

His Denver Nuggets just won the franchise’s first NBA title, but owner Stan Kroenke isn’t slowing down a bit.

The billionaire team owner and businessman has become the majority investor in a vast San Diego sports arena project.

The Kroenke Group, the 75-year-old’s real estate company, is taking control of San Diego’s Midway Rising project, which includes a 16,000-seat arena as the centerpiece of a 48.6-acre site that will be redeveloped with thousands of new housing units, a hotel, and retail space.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NHL puts a team in San Diego, you know it's only a matter of time before all of North America has a NHL team.

His Denver Nuggets just won the franchise’s first NBA title, but owner Stan Kroenke isn’t slowing down a bit.

The billionaire team owner and businessman has become the majority investor in a vast San Diego sports arena project.

The Kroenke Group, the 75-year-old’s real estate company, is taking control of San Diego’s Midway Rising project, which includes a 16,000-seat arena as the centerpiece of a 48.6-acre site that will be redeveloped with thousands of new housing units, a hotel, and retail space.
and that team will have a stanley cup before the Canucks too

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

San Diego's metro area is larger than Denver, San Antonio, Portland, Sacramento, Cincy, KC, Baltimore, Orlando, Nashville etc.

I think CA's pretty much saturated for NBA teams and with the Clippers moving into their own arena next season and Sacramento with their new barn none of them are headed south but hockey-wise I wonder if the Ducks start playing games with Anaheim and wind up moving south and out of the shadow of the Kings?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix is gonna work I tell ya.......

It would be pretty funny if Bettman resigned as commissioner and a couple of days later, Bill Daly (assuming he takes the job) announced that the Coyotes are moving.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that team will have a stanley cup before the Canucks too
Once Bettman figures out a way to give them a very favorable expansion draft.
just needs time to get into the market....
Just some bad arena luck is all (meaning no one wants to go into an arena and watch a sport they don't care about no matter where it is).

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be pretty funny if Bettman resigned as commissioner and a couple of days later, Bill Daly (assuming he takes the job) announced that the Coyotes are moving.
Never happen, Daly is an android controlled by Bettman

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Arizona tried giveaway nights? Some pretty popular Oriole ones. Except for Blackjack (sap) night which did not go well.
Maybe floppy hat night for fathers day? Wait, that wont work. What about umbrella night? No, nor that. What about a share of the team? For each full price ticket bought, the buyer receives one share of the Coyotes.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Arizona tried giveaway nights? Some pretty popular Oriole ones. Except for Blackjack (sap) night which did not go well.
Maybe floppy hat night for fathers day? Wait, that wont work. What about umbrella night? No, nor that. What about a share of the team? For each full price ticket bought, the buyer receives one share of the Coyotes.
I got my floppy hat signed by Boog Powell while I waited for my sandwich.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they could have one giveaway night

GIVE AWAY - GET AN NHL FRANCHISE TO MOVE WHEREVER YOU WANT

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol wouldnt that be awesome. One lucky spectator wins the entire franchise.
They should at least make them shoot a puck through a board from center ice.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure I recall a promotion in Arizona grocery stores where purchasing a 24 case of beer came with two tickets to a Coyotes game.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure I recall a promotion in Arizona grocery stores where purchasing a 24 case of beer came with two tickets to a Coyotes game.
wasn't there a promo for the lightning about free food or beer for playoff tickets purchased.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't there a promo for the lightning about free food or beer for playoff tickets purchased.

I would not be surprised if that happened in the early days of the franchise when they first made the playoffs.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be surprised if that happened in the early days of the franchise when they first made the playoffs.
i remember the canucks welcome back promo of a free beer and hotdog after the last lockout.

I got my warm budweiser and my cold hotdog and started laughing as I threw them in the garbage. .... much like my hopes