• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLDS: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him - he is a good player - just a bit more discipline is needed though

remember when everyone was convinced he was the next Jeff Francoeur because of his hot streak in 2012? lol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember when everyone was convinced he was the next Jeff Francoeur because of his hot streak in 2012? lol
To be fair though that was before the DODGERS had a legit farm system and was desparate

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great season for the D-Backs regardless of how this series went. You guys have a great rotation that should keep you in the hunt next year.

I agree. I don't think it was pitching that was their downfall. There was some control issues but Ray, Greinke, and Bradley are all studs.

When the Dodgers start Barnes they have 8 guys in the lineup who run the bases well. The Dodgers scored more than a few runs on simple groundouts.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don't think it was pitching that was their downfall. There was some control issues but Ray, Greinke, and Bradley are all studs.

When the Dodgers start Barnes they have 8 guys in the lineup who run the bases well. The Dodgers scored more than a few runs on simple groundouts.
When the Dodgers got Taylor from the Mariners, I was happy because I knew that Chris ran the bases well. Chris had a great season.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Dodgers got Taylor from the Mariners, I was happy because I knew that Chris ran the bases well. Chris had a great season.

Hard to believe Chris Taylor only got an opportunity due to the injury to Toles, Gutierrez and Forsythe. He's become one of the best leadoff hitters in the league if you look at his stats in the leadoff spot.

It speaks to the intelligence of Tory Lovullo though, he was clearly trying to get small ball going in Game 3. The problem is he only has 2 or 3 guys who are even capable of it in the lineup. It's hard to win in the playoffs when you're relying on 5 homers to win you the game. I know first hand from watching the Dodgers trying to win that way for years.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe Chris Taylor only got an opportunity due to the injury to Toles, Gutierrez and Forsythe. He's become one of the best leadoff hitters in the league if you look at his stats in the leadoff spot.

It speaks to the intelligence of Tory Lovullo though, he was clearly trying to get small ball going in Game 3. The problem is he only has 2 or 3 guys who are even capable of it in the lineup. It's hard to win in the playoffs when you're relying on 5 homers to win you the game. I know first hand from watching the Dodgers trying to win that way for years.
Good point. I have been watching the Dodgers since they moved to Los Angeles in 1958. I have seen the small ball and the long ball in seasons since then. They had to rely on the small ball in most of those seasons.The Dodgers in most of those seasons had a good leadoff hitter.