• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL West Talk

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erik Johnson I believe.
Yep, he was bad and then injured which gave the Padres a better chance to win the games he was supposed to start.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should come down to the Giants and Dodgers again. It will be interesting to see if the addition of Mellancon has a trickle down effect on the rest of the pen as he stabilizes the back end.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad it isnt an "even year"

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should come down to the Giants and Dodgers again. It will be interesting to see if the addition of Mellancon has a trickle down effect on the rest of the pen as he stabilizes the back end.

Definitely wasn't happy about melancon signing there. :tsk:

The one year the Giants have a bad pen and they've already bolstered it a bit.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely wasn't happy about melancon signing there. :tsk:

The one year the Giants have a bad pen and they've already bolstered it a bit.
They still have to overcome their lack of hitting though.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C2JbBMiUkAAC96E.jpg:large

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was some good news - personally I thought the Dodgers over-achieved last season and did better for the quality they had. If they want a legitimate chance to win a title, they go to get both some better hitters and a deeper pitching rotation - Much deeper

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for both sides. Forsythe has been quite good over the last two seasons, and the Rays needed a high ceiling guy like DeLeon badly. Rays probably should have held out for another C/C+ prospect or two though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was some good news - personally I thought the Dodgers over-achieved last season and did better for the quality they had. If they want a legitimate chance to win a title, they go to get both some better hitters and a deeper pitching rotation - Much deeper

Totally agree. I'm starting to doubt more and more that Friedman is the right guy for the job. He is an analytics guy who focuses on stats like OPS and OBP, both categories the Dodgers have struggled with mightily. I will say I'm glad that he hasn't traded off our rich farm system, but at the same time I don't see him doing much to shore up our bigger problems. Forsythe, hopefully, will work. But a leadoff hitter with a career .265 average is nothing I can get pumped about. If he plays like 2015 Forsythe, I will be happy. Would have liked to have seen Dozier come in, but if it meant giving up De Leon AND another pitching prospect or two, that would have been too much.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. I'm starting to doubt more and more that Friedman is the right guy for the job. He is an analytics guy who focuses on stats like OPS and OBP, both categories the Dodgers have struggled with mightily. I will say I'm glad that he hasn't traded off our rich farm system, but at the same time I don't see him doing much to shore up our bigger problems. Forsythe, hopefully, will work. But a leadoff hitter with a career .265 average is nothing I can get pumped about. If he plays like 2015 Forsythe, I will be happy. Would have liked to have seen Dozier come in, but if it meant giving up De Leon AND another pitching prospect or two, that would have been too much.
It was my understanding that all of these trades, signings and acquisitions was an immediate fix to last until the farm system starts producing and becomes effective. The downside is that takes a minimum of five years or more to produce enough players to be competitive. I thought they did pretty good until last year and thought their moves made them worse. When I don't see any hitters over 300 - then my hope diminishes and they only had one really good pitcher last year. The rest of them were mediocre at the best. Rich Hill - He is garbage and a classic example

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was my understanding that all of these trades, signings and acquisitions was an immediate fix to last until the farm system starts producing and becomes effective. The downside is that takes a minimum of five years or more to produce enough players to be competitive. I thought they did pretty good until last year and thought their moves made them worse. When I don't see any hitters over 300 - then my hope diminishes and they only had one really good pitcher last year. The rest of them were mediocre at the best. Rich Hill - He is garbage and a classic example

I agree. We HAVE to get more starting pitching in there. Greinke walking hurt a lot. Having him and Kershaw at the top would put just about any playoff team in a 2-0 hole. It pains me to watch the greatest pitcher of this generation be wasted when they can't get the right guys in to help him get to the WS. I think Urias is going to be a stud, but Hill is a quick fix and the pitchers in the minors are still some time away. They really needed to get someone in as a solid 3, because I doubt Ryu will ever come back to form. And how did Friedman not land a better hitter? Friedman is like that guy who is given the keys to a brand new Ferrari, and then cruises in the left lane with it at 15 miles below the speed limit.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even last year's Forsythe is a good player. A 113 OPS+ is quite good for a 2B, even with last year being an unusually strong year for 2B. Even with him missing about 1/5 of the season, he still managed nearly 3 WAR (a considerable upgrade over Utley).

Dozier's a good player, but he's a pretty good candidate for regressing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even last year's Forsythe is a good player. A 113 OPS+ is quite good for a 2B, even with last year being an unusually strong year for 2B. Even with him missing about 1/5 of the season, he still managed nearly 3 WAR (a considerable upgrade over Utley).

Dozier's a good player, but he's a pretty good candidate for regressing.

Yeah, I also worry about Dozier regressing. Park dimensions in LA aren't that much different than Target Field, but I would worry about the NL pitching he would have to face.

Really hope Forsyth can bring what's needed. Utley's bat was just getting worse as the season wore on and signs of age were setting in.