• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL West Talk

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I would love to see that happen again, we don't have that dominant bullpen anymore. And the pitching staff is going to need to be really good to make up for the lack of offense. Hoping that some of the guys rebound this year like Brandon Crawford. The defense should be better this year with a new Center fielder. I think the SF Giants can improve from last's year debacle but I don't see them competing for a title next year

Just gotta get a wild card. Even year magic!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I would love to see that happen again, we don't have that dominant bullpen anymore. And the pitching staff is going to need to be really good to make up for the lack of offense. Hoping that some of the guys rebound this year like Brandon Crawford. The defense should be better this year with a new Center fielder. I think the SF Giants can improve from last's year debacle but I don't see them competing for a title next year
The addition of Tony Watson will help and if Smith comes back then with Melancon, Dyson and Strickland they have a pretty good core.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much safer = harder to break in.

A lot of tehese football players likely would not make Moore that 20k-30k a year otherwise. So even 1 year in the NFL equates to 10-20 years of pay in the alternate.

I get what you are saying, and actually agree to a decent degree. But football players are treated like gods at the Hs and college level. VERY few baseball players get that treatment.
But we are having a tough time getting what you are saying.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you encourage a child to play football these days with the money being handed out in the MLB and NBA for guys who aren't even superstars
Wouldn't let my kid play football or become a skier; especially those new fangled flying skiers with all the crazy aerobatics..

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NL West was tougher last year. I hope the Giants make it this season but it would take a very big leap from last year

The Dbacks are looking to actually get worse this upcoming season. If I had to choose today (assuming everyone stays healthy):

1. Dodgers
2. Giants
3. Rockies
4. Dbacks
5. Padres (sorry Boltz)

I plan on sending Bumgarner on a free dirt biking trip, so good luck next year without him!

Last edited:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dbacks are looking to actually get worse this upcoming season. If I had to choose today (assuming everyone stays healthy):

1. Dodgers
2. Giants
3. Rockies
4. Dbacks
5. Padres (sorry Boltz)

I plan on sending Bumgarner on a free dirt biking trip, so good luck next year without him!
You mean the Padres aren't the favorites to win their division? But they got Eric Fucking Hosmer!!!

Seriously though this year even contending for a postseason spot is unlikely. 2019 they could be in the mix for the WC and hopefully by 2020 they'll be a threat to the Dodgers at the top of the NL West.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NL West was tougher last year. I hope the Giants make it this season but it would take a very big leap from last year
Nowhere to go but up. Having four hitters in the lineup makes a big difference over just having 3. They'll be better this year and I think the bullpen will be better as well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowhere to go but up. Having four hitters in the lineup makes a big difference over just having 3. They'll be better this year and I think the bullpen will be better as well.
:scratch:

Who were the 3 last year?

Who are the 4 this year?

I agree about the bully. Losing Crick COULD hurt, but adding Smith and Watson should more than make up.

I have reserved excitement towards the team this year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who are the 4 this year?

I agree about the bully. Losing Crick COULD hurt, but adding Smith and Watson should more than make up.

LOL, I am just reserved. Open minded but not excited. If they start out the season playing better that will change

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
n/./m,.,..

Who are the 4 this year?

There weren't three productive hitters last year, I was just using the example of 4 being better than 3. 4 seems to be the number of productive hitters you need to have a run-scoring offense.
The 4 I see for this year are Posey, Pence Longoria and McCutchen. Then you have three mediocre hitters in Crawford, Belt and Panik who are capable of doing damage on occasion and it remains to be seen what Jackson brings although he's been known to hit lefties and I think he hit almost .320 last year.

I think the lineup is improved, although the new guys may be a couple years past their prime. The defense will be better and the bullpen will be improved. However, all of the sudden the rotation has become the question mark for the Giants.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes what a choke by the Pads.

Allowed 5 runs in the 9th.

Had a 6-3 lead entering the inning

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes what a choke by the Pads.

Allowed 5 runs in the 9th.

Had a 6-3 lead entering the inning
If I wasn't so numbed to this kind of shit happening to the Padres year after year, that would really hurt. At least I have the Kings...
Gif-Ideas-about-Becoming-Sad-1.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wasn't so numbed to this kind of shit happening to the Padres year after year, that would really hurt. At least I have the Kings...
Gif-Ideas-about-Becoming-Sad-1.gif
Truthfully, I would give the Pads about a 40% chance of not finishing in the cellar this season...

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully, I would give the Pads about a 40% chance of not finishing in the cellar this season...
I'd give them a 75% chance of finishing in the cellar, and that might be low. Dodgers can't score for shit so far but still have better pitching and offense, Rockies offense plus Coors should be good enough to stay ahead even if their rotation is questionable, the DBacks have a decent rotation and enough firepower to compete, and the Giants might be older and without their ace for a while but have players who know how to win and have channeled their even year powers so far through 2 1-0 wins. I'd probably say out of those 4 that the Rockies is the team they'd have the best chance to pass but the Padres offense would need to be consistent and their SP much better than expected. Doesn't help their chances that the most exciting SP they have got hurt to end SP and is out until May at least.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give them a 75% chance of finishing in the cellar, and that might be low. Dodgers can't score for shit so far but still have better pitching and offense, Rockies offense plus Coors should be good enough to stay ahead even if their rotation is questionable, the DBacks have a decent rotation and enough firepower to compete, and the Giants might be older and without their ace for a while but have players who know how to win and have channeled their even year powers so far through 2 1-0 wins. I'd probably say out of those 4 that the Rockies is the team they'd have the best chance to pass but the Padres offense would need to be consistent and their SP much better than expected. Doesn't help their chances that the most exciting SP they have got hurt to end SP and is out until May at least.
But if they get on a roll, they have the youth and talent to not realize they SHOULDNT win. If one of the other teams stumble, it could more easily cause a spin out due to missed expectations.

Granted, they are the favorites to take up the rear. I just think they have a decent chance of beating SOMEONE.