• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That record will fall a dozen times before Memorial day. Hitters are all interested in launch angle now and the better pitchers -- and even the average ones with potential -- have learned to adapt to that. Hitters aren't going to try for ground balls anyway because the shifts are killing them. So swing away with an uppercut. Ah ... strikeouts are going to continue upward.
The difference is, the Cubs have 8 guys who can launch when the launch angle is right.

But it's awesome to see that their "awesome" offense has struggled. I live in central Illinois, 50-50 Cards/Cubs fans. It has been amazing to see that those arrogant Cub fans have been very silent. Granted that this is only 5 games into the season, but I am digging it.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's awesome to see that their "awesome" offense has struggled. I live in central Illinois, 50-50 Cards/Cubs fans. It has been amazing to see that those arrogant Cub fans have been very silent. Granted that this is only 5 games into the season, but I am digging it.

I am in the Chicago footprint and have been for a very long time. It's tough being a Reds fan here.
Will be curious to see how the season unfolds. Cubs are not going to cakewalk in this year.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also remember the name Max Schrock...he was one of the pieces in the Piscotty trade. 2Ber with some pop. He will be the 2Ber for the future.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back-To-Back dingers on 2 pitches

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also remember the name Max Schrock...he was one of the pieces in the Piscotty trade. 2Ber with some pop. He will be the 2Ber for the future.
Schrock has gotten a bit of love from Carson Cistulli Fangraphs over the years.

Dispatch from the Max Schrock Propaganda Machine | FanGraphs Baseball

A Status Update on Nats Prospect, Future MVP Max Schrock | FanGraphs Baseball

not sure about the pop, his power numbers in the minors are pretty pedestrian. Hard not to be intrigued by the low strikeout rates and high batting averages though.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back-To-Back dingers on 2 pitches

I liked the back to back dingers on the 2 pitches at the end of the game better.

Major League Baseball history was created in that game. Never in the history of baseball has a game been played where the first 2 pitches of the game were home runs and then the last 2 pitches of the game were home runs.

The Brewers in the dugout were not done celebrating the home run that tied the game and they see Braun launch the walk off home run it was an amazing thing to see :10:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the back to back dingers on the 2 pitches at the end of the game better.

Major League Baseball history was created in that game. Never in the history of baseball has a game been played where the first 2 pitches of the game were home runs and then the last 2 pitches of the game were home runs.

The Brewers in the dugout were not done celebrating the home run that tied the game and they see Braun launch the walk off home run it was an amazing thing to see :10:
Pham's HR was on the second pitch he saw...

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pham's HR was on the second pitch he saw...
Nobody likes it when a great story is dashed against the rocks. May the pigeons pick the flesh from your bones and leave them gleaming in the hot sun.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wainwright is make his season debut on opening day today. I feel Adam has earned this start for all he has done for the organization. That being said, Flaherty got sent back down after his 9 K performance. I just wonder haw many starts Matheny will trot Wainwright out to the mound if he can't get past 5 innings. He was arguably one of the worst starters the past 2 years. I hope he can find lightning in a bottle, but at 36 years old, I don't see it.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wainwright is make his season debut on opening day today. I feel Adam has earned this start for all he has done for the organization. That being said, Flaherty got sent back down after his 9 K performance. I just wonder haw many starts Matheny will trot Wainwright out to the mound if he can't get past 5 innings. He was arguably one of the worst starters the past 2 years. I hope he can find lightning in a bottle, but at 36 years old, I don't see it.
I would like to see the guy go out at the top of his game. That might not be happening.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's giving up harder contact and he doesn't get any whiffs anymore. He looks pretty done, unfortunately.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirate fans...
Phil got me retired. He was usher at pirate games since 1938. Wow. That's even longer than the Cleveland Indian winning draught.
I bet he could tell some stories about the pirate greats.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Dam word spell.
His name was Phil coyne....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arrogant Cub fans...............?............A team is only arrogant when they are winning.........?

You`re right.................its been really nice not hearing anything outta Missouri for a few years now.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try not to trash talk until the Reds are 2 games up with 1 to play.
In rare cases in history when that has happened, I learned that by that point, I don't need to do any trash talking.

Been there done that............Cubs have gotta be one of the worst ever.............69-84-03.........

I was across the street at the Cubbie Bear for the Bartman game and talk about an emotional game..............every out/inning that went by,we were getting louder by the minute............Only to,well you know the ending..........Damn that Bartman!!!!

:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys got us last night..........Maybe our best pitcher in Hendricks ran outta gas in the 5th.......And Montgomery couldn`t hold on.........Better luck for us tonight and good luck to you guys these next two games.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In person...........?

Back in 2000 ,I seen an NFL feat(in person) that has happened once in NFL history between the Rams and the Falcons,the very first two kickoffs of the game went for tds.......Forgot the falcons kr,but he took the opening ko for a td and then Tony Horne took Atl`s ko for a td.......lol,yeah I know,whats a bear fan doing at a Rams/Falcons game.........
...........Not that anyone here cares,just saying........

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In person...........?

Back in 2000 ,I seen an NFL feat(in person) that has happened once in NFL history between the Rams and the Falcons,the very first two kickoffs of the game went for tds.......Forgot the falcons kr,but he took the opening ko for a td and then Tony Horne took Atl`s ko for a td.......lol,yeah I know,whats a bear fan doing at a Rams/Falcons game.........
...........Not that anyone here cares,just saying........
I'd say watching other teams play is good for the sauces. It's kind of like eating Chinese food when you visit Italy.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say watching other teams play is good for the sauces. It's kind of like eating Chinese food when you visit Italy.

I have left Wisconsin without buying cheese-n-sausage..........:eek: